+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought about rescheduling and did the research. As long as you have a very valid reason and if you are sure that the officer is going to accept it without doubt, then the reschedule date will be sooner may be in a month or two. But by any chance if the officer feels you deliberately doing it or not interested then there is a chance of new date being delayed.
Btw I postponed my trip and taken the oath, just wanted to get over with it.
I am inclining towards that as well. It's a financial loss but it's okay

juneapp

Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 21 2013
AOR Received.
june 23 2013
File Transfer...
july 21 2013
Med's Done....
mar 1 2013
Passport Req..
august 24 2013

juneapp

Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 21 2013
AOR Received.
june 23 2013
File Transfer...
july 21 2013
Med's Done....
mar 1 2013
Passport Req..
august 24 2013
I am inclining towards that as well. It's a financial loss but it's okay
Just take the financial loss buddy. Short term loss for long term gain.

P.S this was part of the oath Letter

Pursuant to paragraph 13.2(1)(b) of the Citizenship Act, if you cannot appear and take the Oath at the date,
time, and place indicated at the top of page 1, you must contact IRCC within thirty (30) days of the date of your
appointment and provide a reasonable explanation for not attending. You may contact the IRCC at the mailing
address at the bottom of page 1. If you do not contact IRCC or if your explanation is not acceptable, your
application will be treated as abandoned and your file will be closed. If the $100 Right of Citizenship fee was paid, it
will be refunded.
If your file has been closed and you are still interested in becoming a Canadian citizen, you will need to start at the
beginning of the process by submitting a new application with new documents and fees.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Did any one rescheduled their oath ceremony recently. Mine is on a day that I won't be available. How long is the wait and do they offer you a date before they cancel it ?
You should just go for the Oath and finish the process....
I called them. They checked and said that the application is recommended for ceremony. As soon as they find a spot, they'll update online. So asked me to check online status couple of times a week. Other than that, there's nothing else to do.

Thanks
Hi, Did you receive a Oath date yet? Thanks

Feb-App

Dec 22, 2018
Yes that's what I am doing now
Hi Punk,
Thanks for your update. Would you please tell us the time line of your application process ? Or just write the dates for Application recieved and Test Passed and Invitation for ceremony. That would be a great help for Scarborough applicants. Thank you.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Got the oath invite for my wife. She missed two exam dates. Lots of ups and down!

Test was at Scarborough but the oath is now at Mississauga.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 11, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on July 10, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 9, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a letter on September 18, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. We sent you a notice on December 20, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 12, 2019 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

Reactions: Feb-App

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
I called them. They checked and said that the application is recommended for ceremony. As soon as they find a spot, they'll update online. So asked me to check online status couple of times a week. Other than that, there's nothing else to do.

Thanks
Hi, Have you received an Oath invite yet?

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Punk,
Thanks for your update. Would you please tell us the time line of your application process ? Or just write the dates for Application recieved and Test Passed and Invitation for ceremony. That would be a great help for Scarborough applicants. Thank you.
It's on the google sheet. But i'll type it out again with my memory
Applicant Sent 29th Dec-2017
AOR - Mar 2
Test Passes - 1st week of September
Oath two weeks ago

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hello fellow forum members
I have been a follower and participant on this Forum since I applied for Citizenship in 2017

I FINALLY received Oath invite this morning Dec 27th.....After a long wait since DM, The journey is almost over
Here is my Time Line

App mailed December 2017
Received: January 2018
Finger Print Request: March 2018
Test and Interview: July 2018
DM (Decision Made) since July 2018
Oath Invite email: December 2018
Oath Scheduled: January 2019

For those who are waiting, please be patient, Oath will come.
All applications I guess are dealt with on a case by case basis, I understand its frustrating but it will come
Great forum to be a part of, I'll still be an occasional participant on this forum. Great way to connect and be in the loop of things
Thank you

Cheers
David

Reactions: rashad321

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Were you mid-january applicant or later january ??
Congrats on the finish line.
Almost a year to finish the long process

Outdoor

Aug 12, 2018
I have been a follower and participant on this Forum since I applied for Citizenship in 2017

I FINALLY received Oath invite this morning Dec 27th.....After a long wait since DM, The journey is almost over
Here is my Time Line

App mailed December 2017

All applications I guess are dealt with on a case by case basis, I understand its frustrating but it will come
Great forum to be a part of, I'll still be an occasional participant on this forum. Great way to connect and be in the loop of things
Thank you

Cheers
David
Isn't that pass 1 year?
I am so worried as they received in March'18 my application, however I have trip plans in beginning of April'19

Reactions: ddavidd1

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

Here is my Time Line

App mailed December 2017

Thank you

Cheers
David
Congratulation

Reactions: ddavidd1