+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hey guys, I'm a Nov 2017 applicant and had my test last week. The lady who did my interview said that "old files" like mine (12+ months) will have the oath ceremony soon (my ecas shows DM already). I was wondering if there are some cases like mine here that received the invite shortly after your test. Thank you!
I doubt if they have any office procedure, its a joke on how they handle case files, no system

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
Ok, thanks. She also mentioned that they are trying to have multiple oath ceremonies per day (3 hours apart) starting mid-November since there are so many people waiting. Not sure if she was being nice to me or it's actually true.

baboo_pr

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hey guys, I'm a Nov 2017 applicant and had my test last week. The lady who did my interview said that "old files" like mine (12+ months) will have the oath ceremony soon (my ecas shows DM already). I was wondering if there are some cases like mine here that received the invite shortly after your test. Thank you!
One other thing - When your file goes in Decision Made status, the CIC metric of 12 months is reached. Now you are in the queue which is not tracked, no accountability. I don't think there will be any fast turnaround because of age of application. Here is the reference - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3

Reactions: bucajack

optimus

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
IELTS Request
With App
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
One other thing - When your file goes in Decision Made status, the CIC metric of 12 months is reached. Now you are in the queue which is not tracked, no accountability. I don't think there will be any fast turnaround because of age of application. Here is the reference - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3
Hmm Nothing mentioned like Oath is not part of the process!! So I believe they must be tracking it and definitely accountable.
I am also in the same boat, Nov2nd applicant, Sept 12 test and no Oath date yet.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hmm Nothing mentioned like Oath is not part of the process!! So I believe they must be tracking it and definitely accountable.
I am also in the same boat, Nov2nd applicant, Sept 12 test and no Oath date yet.
Where did you apply from? I am from mississauga, had my test in scarborough on september 12th and still waiting for oath invite.

baboo_pr

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
How are processing times calculated?
"A processing time starts the day we receive a complete application and ends when we make a decision"

---

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
I also had my test in scarborough on september 12th, Applied from mississauga ? Where did you have your test and where did you apply from?

Reactions: ddavidd1

Gallo

Nov 6, 2018
It has been 3 month for me waiting. I pass the test in august 2018. Still my status shows in progress. Do I have to be worry? My one year will complete in March.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
It has been 3 month for me waiting. I pass the test in august 2018. Still my status shows in progress. Do I have to be worry? My one year will complete in March.
my application received on January 8th, passed test in July and DM July, still waiting for Oath, my 12 month finishes January 8th

Reactions: Gallo

Gallo

Nov 6, 2018
Finally after seven months my status change to DM !!!!
I'm waiting for Oath and my case has been over a year (25 Oct,2017).
My god... I am waiting for MD yet. It's been 3 month so far. I applied on March 2018.
Congrads to you. Hopefully soon you'll get the oath.

Madtravel

Jun 4, 2013
Another November applicant with DM since mid October waiting for the invitation here. As per the November 2017 spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview# there are not more than 50% of the applicants who got the ceremony invite and about 60% with DM so CIC is gonna screw up their 80% commitment anyways...
the odds of seeing the certificate in November are tiny as it is usually 2-4 weeks notice...

Gallo

Nov 6, 2018
I called CIC today, after 30 minutes waiting, a nice lady answered, she was very helpful and told me I passed all processing matters like security and etc ... and now I'm in stage of "residency obligations". I travelled a great deal during last 4 years. Probably it takes time for them to check all of them. (How? I don't know, everything is in my passport). But she said everything in your file seems OK, My file is still in Scarborough and I just have to wait.
March 1, I will meet my 12 months!

CAJour

Jan 23, 2018
Finally longggggg wait is over for me and my family. Received the oath letter on my mail for 26th Nov 2018.

My timelines as follows:

Application Received : 27th Oct 2017
AOR : 2nd Dec 2017
In Process: 12th Jan 2018 (Scarborough)
Test Date: 09 Oct 2018
Oath Letter: 07th Nov 2018
Oath Date: 26th Nov 2018
Oath Location: Mississauga

Thank You and All the very best !!!!

Regards

Reactions: ddavidd1