Jan 13, 2014
Just want to share my timeline here

App Received: Feb 22, 2018
Acknowledgement letter: March 15
IP: May 3
Test email: June 14
Test date: July 9 (Scarborough)
Oath Ceremony Email: Oct 24
Oath Ceremony date: Nov 16 (Mississauga)

Like the interviewer told us, we will have our oath ceremony in November.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

bluezz

Jul 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to share my timeline here

App Received: Feb 22, 2018
Acknowledgement letter: March 15
IP: May 3
Test email: June 14
Test date: July 9 (Scarborough)
Oath Ceremony Email: Oct 24
Oath Ceremony date: Nov 16 (Mississauga)

Like the interviewer told us, we will have our oath ceremony in November.
Wow congrats!
February applicant and already have the Oath Invite :)
My wife is a January 15 applicant and she is still waiting. Hope she gets her invite soon.

baboo_pr

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
  1. 5 months man...some people get the oath a few days later or on the same day if their whole application process took around 12 months. See which one you are.
    Took Test on Oct 04. Decision Made on Oct 05. Oath Invitation Pending.
    1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3, 2017.
    2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 19, 2018.
    3. We started processing your application on February 9, 2018.
    4. We sent you a notice on September 13, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 4, 2018 at 8:20 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Reactions: ddavidd1

hissae2

Apr 23, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 13, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 14, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 20, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 5, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

5. We sent you a notice on October 11, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 16, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Oath ceremony November 16th! They say it was sent on Oct 11 but I only just received it yesterday by email.

Oath is at 9am in Mississauga on a Friday, which is going to be a very long drive from Barrie at that time of day, but happy for the process to be over regardless. :)

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 13, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 14, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 20, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 5, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

5. We sent you a notice on October 11, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 16, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Oath ceremony November 16th! They say it was sent on Oct 11 but I only just received it yesterday by email.

Oath is at 9am in Mississauga on a Friday, which is going to be a very long drive from Barrie at that time of day, but happy for the process to be over regardless. :)
Congrats You and I are on the same time line and I'm still waiting for Oath, Its been 4 months since DM

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
When did you apply ? Average time DM to Oath for Scarborough is 4-5 months. But in some cases it's sooner. No clue how they schedule. .
Depending on how late your test comes. If your test is so close to the 12 months mark they will schedule you for ceremony right away. this is what i was told and what happend with couple of my friends

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
As per my understanding, some people get DM later than others because IRCC is still not done with background checks. It happened to one of my friend who got call for test earlier than anyone I know of. But his DM came almost two months after the test. He called and inquired about the delay. He was told that all else looked good except that they had not at that time got the background clearances to give them a decision.
No necessarily true. I had my test a month ago and past and I'm still in IP. Called and the agent said everything is done except for test results - they haven't updated my test result yet.