Med's Done....
02-05-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
---
Hi guys, I have been a silent observer on this forum for almost a year. Here are details of my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 15, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 20, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 5, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment
I passed my test with 20/20 on May 05, 2018, the immigration officer congratulated me and told me that I should expect oath ceremony in the summer latest by September 2018. The DM status was updated the same day on the online portal. Thus far nothing on the oath front, I have some major international travel plans that are on hold thus far and I have contacted CIC twice thus far via web form and a week later have received the standard reply stating that everything is in good order and that I will be scheduled for oath in due time. There is not much that can be done apart from waiting but such is life we can't be in driver's seat no matter how badly we want it. Hoping for light's at the end of the tunnel. My hopes are up for Novemeber because once December starts most likely there won't be much action as holiday season commences and most people tend to be off work. So keeping my fingers and toes crossed for all my fellow applicants who are in the same boat as I.

"Keep calm & carry on..."

Reactions: iwodamiorie

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Got DM on my wife’s timeline.

She took the test in October 11th.

Application Delivered 11th january
AOR 23rd February
Test date October 11th
DM October 17th
Waiting for oath

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi guys, I have been a silent observer on this forum for almost a year. Here are details of my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 15, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 20, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 5, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment
I passed my test with 20/20 on May 05, 2018, the immigration officer congratulated me and told me that I should expect oath ceremony in the summer latest by September 2018. The DM status was updated the same day on the online portal. Thus far nothing on the oath front, I have some major international travel plans that are on hold thus far and I have contacted CIC twice thus far via web form and a week later have received the standard reply stating that everything is in good order and that I will be scheduled for oath in due time. There is not much that can be done apart from waiting but such is life we can't be in driver's seat no matter how badly we want it. Hoping for light's at the end of the tunnel. My hopes are up for Novemeber because once December starts most likely there won't be much action as holiday season commences and most people tend to be off work. So keeping my fingers and toes crossed for all my fellow applicants who are in the same boat as I.

"Keep calm & carry on..."
It seems the time between your AOR and test is shorter than average. I waited almost a full year for my test. I think some point in the summer they decided to prioritize those who applied in mid-Oct and still hadn't gotten their test yet - hence transferring massive amounts of applications from Mississauga to Scarborough. And they got to a point where everybody got delayed somehow.

sam7861

Jul 4, 2018
Hi my file was transferred to Scarborough
I live in Brampton, App received on Nov 28/2018
Finished my test on 24 September, passed my exam with 19/20. It’s been so long, still no DM ! I called the call center, they said all security and Checks passed but they are currently reviewing your application! Usually DM happens in 1-2 days in most cases, I have noticed, in my case it’s been more than 3 weeks ! Can you please guide me what could have happened here ? Thanks in advance for your response.
I got my DM after 4 months so don't worry if its been more than 3 weeks.

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
Finally received invitation to write the test on Nov 13, 2018

Application received October 19, 2017

innans

Sep 28, 2018
Hi guys,
I received an invitation for ceremony for November 13th.
Appreciation received January 27th.
Exam date June 7th.
Good luck to everyone.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
As per my understanding, some people get DM later than others because IRCC is still not done with background checks. It happened to one of my friend who got call for test earlier than anyone I know of. But his DM came almost two months after the test. He called and inquired about the delay. He was told that all else looked good except that they had not at that time got the background clearances to give them a decision.

the_14th

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Hi,

I finally got my invitation for oath last Friday, and it is set on November 13 at Mississauga.
ECAS updated shortly that they sent me the invite October 10.

Almost done with this! Hang in there everybody!