Jan 3, 2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 20, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan 20, 2014
Hello,
My oath was Aug 22, I applied passport on Aug 23 (at scarborough), I got the passport delivered on Aug 31. It was standard application. No pick up or no urgent processing. Hope it helps.
Have a great long weekend!

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
November applicant. Have done test on March 20 and decision made next day! Since then waiting for oath. It has been more then 5 months since I have my test.
Thanks for the reply, it helps understanding how they process files. Seems it is not by order.

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
I'm guessing the reason is that they go through Paper Files rather than a computer system. If suppose a files is stacked under all other files the top file gets attended to first, regardless of the date. Its a completely outdated system
Yeah seems like it..

Reactions: ddavidd1

Faimalik

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Hello,
My oath was Aug 22, I applied passport on Aug 23 (at scarborough), I got the passport delivered on Aug 31. It was standard application. No pick up or no urgent processing. Hope it helps.
Have a great long weekend!
Congratulations for becoming Canadian.. I have a question that don’t v need to wait for 2 business days before apply for passport?

Faimalik

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Hello everyone, I’m just in a fix and kind of stressed. Replies would be highly appreciated.

So I had my test day before, the test went well but not my interview and the CO said she would review my application again and let you know about our decision.

Now, I have completed my days before my application. I mostly stay here but travel often to the US since my husband works and lives there (I have not applied for his sponsorship too because he travels extensively) that was one of the questions in the interview too as why I haven’t applied for his sponsorship.
And I travel a lot to our home country to meet family and spend time with husbands family. But I travel back to Canada.

I got a decision made today but no correspondence email from them.

I’m just very stressed and curious. Is there a possibility of denial of application on this basis (husband not living in Canada)

Helpful replies would be appreciated.
If ur status changed to DM then u can call them and ask about what decision that made...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I got a decision made today but no correspondence email from them.
Once you have a DM in your e-CAS you can relax. It suggests that your IO found your case satisfying and s/he marked it as such on the white paper that you signed on the interview day. It also denotes that your paper processing is now complete and you have nothing to worry about.

I know for a few folks that DM gets reverted to 'in process' sometimes. But that's for a minuscule quantity of cases, a rarity and not the norm. IMO, you are good to go.

Ps.: No email follows the DM immediately. In a few days (weeks maybe) you'll receive your Oath invitation email.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I have a question that don’t v need to wait for 2 business days before apply for passport?
No. Not necessarily. If your e-CAS reflects "complete" ~ you can hit a PCO* immediately.

*And always remember, visiting a Passport Canada Office is always wiser than applying thru a Service Canada office.

Reactions: Faimalik

gm_1215

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 14, 2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA Dec 31, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 23, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 31, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 20, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan 20, 2014
Congratulations for becoming Canadian.. I have a question that don’t v need to wait for 2 business days before apply for passport?
That was what I was told, but my ecas status was changed to completed in the morning on Aug 23, I took my chance and it worked.

Reactions: Faimalik

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
That was what I was told, but my ecas status was changed to completed in the morning on Aug 23, I took my chance and it worked.
why my online status never shows #5 of your signature?,,,, im having the oath on sep 4... :confused:

Reactions: qorax

zarahk12

May 16, 2015
Hey guys i got my oath ceremony done on Friday 31st august at the mississauga location. I will be applying for the passport on Wednesday 5 sept. Can someone tell me do i need to take more passport photos or the one that we submitted Initially with the application is good enough?

Thank you guys

Reactions: iwodamiorie