+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Rootsman

Aug 23, 2018
Thanks Rootsman. What is your complete timeline if you don't mind sharing? that would help me to have a general idea
My timeline for my app
27 November 2017
In process January 2018
Recieved test invite 20 April 2018
Test date 7may 2018
Recieved fingerprint 10 may 2018
Send it in 14 may 2018
Recieved oat invite 21 august 2018
Oat date 12 September 2018

Reactions: ddavidd1

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
My timeline for my app
27 November 2017
In process January 2018
Recieved test invite 20 April 2018
Test date 7may 2018
Recieved fingerprint 10 may 2018
Send it in 14 may 2018
Recieved oat invite 21 august 2018
Oat date 12 September 2018
Ok thank you and Congratulations!

CA_ LIFE

May 15, 2013
Myself and son became citizens this morning as scheduled. It was attended by 100 people from 30 countries. It was a nice experience to finally complete the process with the help of all of you here.

I thank God for everything and I am grateful to all the admins here that help keep everything moving while answering our numerous questions.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.
Congrats.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

CA_ LIFE

May 15, 2013
Congrats to everyone to are received oath invitation and to others who are waiting BE PATIENT it’s coming.
I recieved my brand NEW Canadian passport today. Applied at Scarborough office last Friday. Exactly five business days.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hi all, silent member here. Here are my timelines:

App delivered - Nov 20, 2017
AOR - January 10, 2018
IP- January 23, 2018
Test Invite - April 25, 2018
Test - May 15, 2018 (done in Scarborough)
DM - May 16, 2018

No Oath invitation yet.

I called last week to inquire and the gentleman on the phone mentioned my file is now in Mississauga but they haven't scheduled an Oath invitation yet.

I have my cousin's wedding mid September overseas, It seems I won't make it to the wedding ...

Anyone in this forum did the test on May 15th in Scarborough (or has similar timelines)?
It seems they have no system in place, some applicants from January 2018 are receiving Oath invites and some from November 2017 are still waiting and on DM, I guess this is how they work.

Reactions: ChadC and qorax

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
It seems they have no system in place, some applicants from January 2018 are receiving Oath invites and some from November 2017 are still waiting and on DM, I guess this is how they work.
That's how it's always been. When October applicants started getting oath invites, some applicants from July/August were still waiting for theirs.

Reactions: ChadC and ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
That's how it's always been. When October applicants started getting oath invites, some applicants from July/August were still waiting for theirs.
I'm guessing the reason is that they go through Paper Files rather than a computer system. If suppose a files is stacked under all other files the top file gets attended to first, regardless of the date. Its a completely outdated system

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I'm guessing the reason is that they go through Paper Files rather than a computer system. If suppose a files is stacked under all other files the top file gets attended to first, regardless of the date. Its a completely outdated system
That coupled with the fact that they want diversity at these ceremonies (people from 26-30 different countries) could explain it.

Seadog

May 2, 2017
Thnaks for all the information in this forum - they have finalized my process same day as ceremony; Toronto applicant, test Scarborough, Oath Mississauga
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 29, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 16, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 28, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 28, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 13, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 31, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on August 31, 2018.

Drfay

Sep 1, 2018
Hello everyone, I’m just in a fix and kind of stressed. Replies would be highly appreciated.

So I had my test day before, the test went well but not my interview and the CO said she would review my application again and let you know about our decision.

Now, I have completed my days before my application. I mostly stay here but travel often to the US since my husband works and lives there (I have not applied for his sponsorship too because he travels extensively) that was one of the questions in the interview too as why I haven’t applied for his sponsorship.
And I travel a lot to our home country to meet family and spend time with husbands family. But I travel back to Canada.

I got a decision made today but no correspondence email from them.

I’m just very stressed and curious. Is there a possibility of denial of application on this basis (husband not living in Canada)

Helpful replies would be appreciated.

Reactions: Faimalik