+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
But shouldn’t they have partime staff to cover summer vacation.
Well, my understanding is in Government roles, the other colleagues cover for the person on leave/ vacation...these type of job roles require an extensive amount of background checks and a full hiring process and all.... so I'm guessing HR just avoids the extra work and lets the other staff handle the work load..
Speaking about which, IRCC is currently accepting job applications for this role...check their career website

Reactions: iwodamiorie

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Well, my understanding is in Government roles, the other colleagues cover for the person on leave/ vacation...these type of job roles require an extensive amount of background checks and a full hiring process and all.... so I'm guessing HR just avoids the extra work and lets the other staff handle the work load..
Speaking about which, IRCC is currently accepting job applications for this role...check their career website
Well I think the young adults and this forum should apply.LOl

Reactions: ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Well I think the young adults and this forum should apply.LOl
LOL...correct...Infact i was thinking about applying....I'm over 50 not sure if I fit the bill...besides I'm guessing the job is monotonous...could drive me nuts..on the plus point, great benefits, pension, etc
They don't even have to do a background check and all its all done right now....LOL

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
LOL...correct...Infact i was thinking about applying....I'm over 50 not sure if I fit the bill...besides I'm guessing the job is monotonous...could drive me nuts..on the plus point, great benefits, pension, etc
They don't even have to do a background check and all its all done right now....LOL
I am almost there,love my job plus I really can’t work with some of the young people they are not very responsible.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
I am almost there,love my job plus I really can’t work with some of the young people they are not very responsible.
Same here and I love what I do...and I work 11 / 12 hr days 6-7 days a week and make my own time..could never make myself sit behind a desk/computer all day.

But shouldn’t they have partime staff to cover summer vacation.
For Government jobs, they can only have one paid staff per position; an employee on vacation is still being paid hence the lack of part time replacement. They can only hire temporary staff to cover people on extended leave or maternity/paternity leave since those employees will paid by EI/workers comp.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
For Government jobs, they can only have one paid staff per position; an employee on vacation is still being paid hence the lack of part time replacement. They can only hire temporary staff to cover people on extended leave or maternity/paternity leave since those employees will paid by EI/workers comp.
I am 4 weeks vacation And I get paid plus they have part time workers to replace me but I guess government workers and private sector is different.

gm_1215

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 14, 2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA Dec 31, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 23, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 31, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 20, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan 20, 2014
I am in a municipality, when I am away, no one can cover me. (At least no one will be paid to do my job lol)
I have to work from hotel at least couple hours a day haha. Government...

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
at what time does IRCC usually send out the oath invitation email?.... midnight or morning or afternoon....o_O

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Very different. When I go on vacation there is no staff to relieve me. Right now, I am covering for 2 co-workers that took the summer off while still managing my caseload.
Wow! That’s what you called overwork with out extra pay.