CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hey guys,
Could anyone please confirm if Scarborough is still part of Canadian citizenship ceremony centre? It’s no longer on the list
Maybe they are cleaning house the way they are so not organized don’t worry Mississauga seems to be picking up all Scarborough Oath.

Kky

Aug 7, 2018
Maybe they are cleaning house the way they are so not organized don’t worry Mississauga seems to be picking up all Scarborough Oath.
Sure we can help with cleaning utensils..... (brooms, vacuum cleaner, brushes, etc...) am so hoping this week. The wait is becoming frustrating

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
I left home about 7.20 and we reach there about 8.35 the traffic was busy plus we were coming from Markham and 401.
You may want to leave at least an hour to 1.5 hour gap between estimated time of arrival(may be use live traffic information). One of my friend encountered unexpected delays on highway despite having more than 30 min b/w Oath time and estimated arrival time due to traffic issues. He was only travelling 15 KM from his home. It is better to reach and take a short nap(wake up in time though) at the location than stuck in traffic and miss it.

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Hey guys,
Could anyone please confirm if Scarborough is still part of Canadian citizenship ceremony centre? It’s no longer on the list
what do you mean by longer on the list?:eek:

CA_ LIFE

May 15, 2013
That won't be a pleasant drive. Luckily my ceremony is at 12:30, so I can evade the rush hour traffic. Still looking at a 1.5 hour commute from Newmarket to Sauga. If my ceremony was at 9am, I would consider an overnight stay at a motel near the airport or near the ceremony, assuming it's < $100 .
Totally agree, mine is at 9am and I am thinking to leave home 5 AM to be on safe side lol. I don’t trust 400 series these days.

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Sorry for asking this again - how late can they schedule the test at Scarborough? My test is scheduled at 715 pm. Isn't that a bit late for Govt office ?

ButtBattery

Apr 3, 2018
Hi
Update on our side
Finally got our Oath invites today
For 23rd August in Mississauga after over 4 months from DM
Finally on the last leg of the journey and pray that everyone else waitin gets their invites soon

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi
Update on our side
Finally got our Oath invites today
For 23rd August in Mississauga after over 4 months from DM
Finally on the last leg of the journey and pray that everyone else waitin gets their invites soon
Congrats, updated the sheet

That won't be a pleasant drive. Luckily my ceremony is at 12:30, so I can evade the rush hour traffic. Still looking at a 1.5 hour commute from Newmarket to Sauga. If my ceremony was at 9am, I would consider an overnight stay at a motel near the airport or near the ceremony, assuming it's < $100 .
it's not that bad. Instead of paying $100 for a hotel I will use 407 all the way and pay 20 or less.

To those who live in Markham, Stouffville, Aurora, Newmarket (close to the 404) who had to take their oath in Mississauga in the morning (9 AM weekdays), how long did it take you to get there on time?

Note: travel 404, 401... not 407.

Thanks!
I have driven from Stouffville to Mississauga (airport Rd area) for an 8am meeting in the past, left home at 6 and arrived early.
If I were you I will leave home at 6 am just to give myself enough time and I am sure you will arrive early because traffic is always better between 6 and 7 am.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshua1 and Goku