+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
There’s is nothing wrong with sending one since you are close to the 12 months mark. I send one on June 25 heard back from them and June 27 saying they are verifying if I am qualify for citizenship then About a week later I got Oath Invite so it don’t hurt to try.
I would agree with SpiceIsland, it makes sense to send a webform

You may think you have an extra month to complete a year since applying - but keeping in mind that the invite usually comes 3 to 4 weeks before the actual event, so technically you are only 2-3 weeks short from the 12 months mark!

ferrry

Jun 20, 2018
I passed the citizenship test on March 28,but I was still in the process (no DM) I contact twice, and at first maybe it was not up to date,they said the second time was that work process was 12 months.my file was in Scarborough and filed in October 2017.Does anyone have idea?

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I passed the citizenship test on March 28,but I was still in the process (no DM) I contact twice, and at first maybe it was not up to date,they said the second time was that work process was 12 months.my file was in Scarborough and filed in October 2017.Does anyone have idea?
March 5 and still in process at this point I think we should wait till Oct

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
That’s a great idea.. many thanks for ur advice.. then I should go for it.. hopefully will get positive respons as it’s been more than 5 months since dm
Technically, they've met the 12 month processing time on your application. As defined by IRCC:

How are processing times calculated?
A processing time starts the day we receive a complete application and ends when we make a decision.

Therefore, your application has been completed and is just in queue for an oath scheduling. I find it interesting if IRCC responds with the "your application is less than 12 months" canned response when you're in DM status. They will likely respond by saying you're in queue for scheduling. Maybe you'll be able to find out which office is going to schedule you for the oath ceremony.

Reactions: Faimalik

Faimalik

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Technically, they've met the 12 month processing time on your application. As defined by IRCC:

How are processing times calculated?
A processing time starts the day we receive a complete application and ends when we make a decision.

Therefore, your application has been completed and is just in queue for an oath scheduling. I find it interesting if IRCC responds with the "your application is less than 12 months" canned response when you're in DM status. They will likely respond by saying you're in queue for scheduling. Maybe you'll be able to find out which office is going to schedule you for the oath ceremony.
I called like 3/4 times since February and every time answer was same that ur file is complete and decision made.. just pending for schedule... nothing more than this

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I called like 3/4 times since February and every time answer was same that ur file is complete and decision made.. just pending for schedule... nothing more than this
Sadly, I wouldn't think you'd get a different answer in a month or two either. I wish they would release their quarterly numbers so we could see just what kind of numbers they are dealing with for applications. It must be staggering.

Reactions: Faimalik

Faimalik

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Sadly, I wouldn't think you'd get a different answer in a month or two either. I wish they would release their quarterly numbers so we could see just what kind of numbers they are dealing with for applications. It must be staggering.
Yes u r right.. I wish they could make such changes in the system that treat everyone equally.. me and one of my family friend passed test same day and he already took his oath in the first week of June.. that’s really frustrating

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
At this point, I think you might want to call them and ask whats going on
I did many times and i always get the same answer. They're still doing the background check. Nothing to worry about since it's still under the 12 mo