+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Based on the ceremony dates available here, it seems that there has been a sort of strategic planning to centralize all ceremonies to Mississauga (and probably focusing solely on decision making process?!) , since there is no more ceremony to be held in Scarborough, but there is at least one ceremony every day in Mississauga (at least till the Aug 17). If that's really the case, I don't mind the change, as long as it speeds up the whole process.
Hi, Even though ceremonies are almost every day in Mississauga, there is only one per day, as opposed to Scarborough where last month (July) they scheduled 3 ceremonies per day Twice a week....not sure how they are scheduling these ceremonies...aren't the Judges specifically appointed for this...then why these gaps and delays?

gm_1215

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 14, 2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA Dec 31, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 23, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 31, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 20, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan 20, 2014
I seriously think it is completely stopped for some reason. I called IRCC again, my file is still in Scarborough. So I am doomed. Oh well.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
I seriously think it is completely stopped for some reason. I called IRCC again, my file is still in Scarborough. So I am screwed. Oh well.
Try not to worry too much, it will happen, probably the month, this is when most Federal employees go on vacation before school starts...its just a little delay. I'm thinking they have just not updated the ceremony list

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi, Even though ceremonies are almost every day in Mississauga, there is only one per day, as opposed to Scarborough where last month (July) they scheduled 3 ceremonies per day Twice a week....not sure how they are scheduling these ceremonies...aren't the Judges specifically appointed for this...then why these gaps and delays?
If you know a couple of Mississauga applicants, you'll see they are complaining about the long delays too, i know a few and things aren't rosy on that side as well.

I struggled during my 5+ months wait (after DM) to understand how Scarborough works..but wasn't able to understand the logic, i freaked out at times, lost my patience but that didn't change anything....eventually i cancelled all my travel plans and relaxed...only then the Oath invite came in.

My guess is there could be a few possible explanations for the perceived "quiet period"/or a combination of all:
1) The website hasn't been updated (we've seen in the past that it may be lagging a week or 2 behind at times)
2) The rate of scheduled ceremonies has slowed down temporarily (due to whatever reason - could be people taking time off/or anything else)
3) Someone also pointed out earlier that they could be taking a long time because of sorting nationalities in the background - to ensure ceremonies
are as diverse as possible (it cannot be a coincidence that everytime a ceremony of only 80 to 88 people come from 30+ countries)

To conclude, its best to remain patient and try to enjoy the rest of the summer and everyone's turn will come. :)

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
If you know a couple of Mississauga applicants, you'll see they are complaining about the long delays too, i know a few and things aren't rosy on that side as well.

I struggled during my 5+ months wait (after DM) to understand how Scarborough works..but wasn't able to understand the logic, i freaked out at times, lost my patience but that didn't change anything....eventually i cancelled all my travel plans and relaxed...only then the Oath invite came in.

My guess is there could be a few possible explanations for the perceived "quiet period"/or a combination of all:
1) The website hasn't been updated (we've seen in the past that it may be lagging a week or 2 behind at times)
2) The rate of scheduled ceremonies has slowed down temporarily (due to whatever reason - could be people taking time off/or anything else)
3) Someone also pointed out earlier that they could be taking a long time because of sorting nationalities in the background - to ensure ceremonies
are as diverse as possible (it cannot be a coincidence that everytime a ceremony of only 80 to 88 people come from 30+ countries)

To conclude, its best to remain patient and try to enjoy the rest of the summer and everyone's turn will come. :)
Yes, I agree, it could be a multitude of reasons and stressing is not going to solve this, eventually, they will call when they want to call..

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
When we're waiting and don't have any control over the process, we conjure up whatever reasoning or logic we have in order to make us feel better.

Few weeks ago I jokingly said, re not receiving oath invite, that they seem to have "singled out" family applicants... few days later, I received it.
I understand the anxiety and how this can affect people's plan. Actually, I had to forgo my overseas family vacation for this year because of this process. But hey, I (and most of us here) won't have to go through this anymore. It's a marathon guys, our legs are tired, we're exhausted, but the finish line tape is around the bend.

Reactions: Faimalik

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Yes, I agree, it could be a multitude of reasons and stressing is not going to solve this, eventually, they will call when they want to call..

Please have patience, average processing time (Mailing Application to Oath Ceremony) is 8-10 Months for regular application. So enjoy summer and your turn will come soon. Good Luck to everyone waiting for Oath invite...

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
In Process from 17 January 2013
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2013, RPRF, PCC, Med received 03-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
Please have patience, average processing time (Mailing Application to Oath Ceremony) is 8-10 Months for regular application. So enjoy summer and your turn will come soon. Good Luck to everyone waiting for Oath invite...
Yes, brother this is what I have been doing since May 30. My test was at Scarborough and I applied in October.

Ahsan

Faimalik

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Nope bcs officials processing time is 12 months so 1 more months on my nerves.. if don’t get oath invite till September then I’ll go for that

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Nope bcs officials processing time is 12 months so 1 more months on my nerves.. if don’t get oath invite till September then I’ll go for that
There’s is nothing wrong with sending one since you are close to the 12 months mark. I send one on June 25 heard back from them and June 27 saying they are verifying if I am qualify for citizenship then About a week later I got Oath Invite so it don’t hurt to try.

Faimalik

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
That’s a great idea.. many thanks for ur advice.. then I should go for it.. hopefully will get positive respons as it’s been more than 5 months since dm

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
That’s a great idea.. many thanks for ur advice.. then I should go for it.. hopefully will get positive respons as it’s been more than 5 months since dm
No problem they might write back and say about 12 months but they will contact your local office good luck.