+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Emmie24

Dec 17, 2013
No, I am still waiting for confirmation letter. I think it should come by regular mail as in my ecas it mentioned that "We sent you a notice on May 25
2018." I checked my spam folder as earlier all correspondence were done through email. I don't know why it happen specifically for 13 Jun invitees, may be this ceremony will be held somewhere else not in scarborough office.
Ya problaby come by mail I will let you know again when I get the letter. Cheers!!

Last edited:
The painful moment is when you see that some applicant who applied after you got Oath invite while you are waiting for months. This makes most of disappointment and frustration .....IRCC tested us with knowledge and now testing with patience...But how much patience we should have to end this waiting game... It feels like when Bill C6 was in senate for 3rd reading and it was going on and on....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
In
Did you also go through the PR process? If so and you are still complaining and wondering about the process - i have no pity for you. Everyone with half a brain has figured it out that there is no rhyme or reason to the process. It depends on the location, persons application and mainly - which officer your file happens to end up in front of. Give up with the self pity, its embarrassing, use your head and enjoy the summer.
There is no need for insult please. People come here to express frustration and that is ok. We all manage stress differently.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hey finally I got the invitation letter in the mail yesterday. My ceremony will be at scaborough town center on June 13 at 4pm
Hope your are coming soon!!
Congrats on receiving the letter!

Its also good to know that there are 2 days with ceremonies in that week (13th and 16th)...i guess you're the only one who got invited for 13th

Reactions: Emmie24

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Congrats on receiving the letter!

Its also good to know that there are 2 days with ceremonies in that week (13th and 16th)...i guess you're the only one who got invited for 13th

Looks like these are special out of regular ceremonies done in Scarborough...

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Hiii. This is my timeline..
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 22, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 17, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 25, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 13, 2018 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Step 4 and Step 5 how fast it is ....this type of time line should be for others too.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hiii. This is my timeline..
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 22, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 17, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 25, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 13, 2018 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Was there any mention of urgency to schedule your oath during your interview or were you already approved for urgent processing, perhaps?

Subysubhana

Mar 17, 2018
Hi everyone ! I am a nov applicant from Toronto. Did my test on March 15th and got Dmed after two weeks. Ive been waiting for the oath invite for more than two months now. Been meaning to go out of the country for the summer. Is it advisable for me to go and in case I get the invite to reschedule or should I be waiting til I get the oath. I am hoping to come back if I go by end of August. Sorry for the long post. Hope to hear some feedback.thanks