Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Interesting observation, i think its because there aren't any ceremonies in between 09-Jun and 16-Jun so that week is more or less done already.
Scarborough should arrange every weekday (Mon- Fri) 4 ceremonies per day. New Judges are available now, there should not be any excuse... I know that we will not be able to get advantage of this, at least it will help applicants who applied after us...

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Every agent is different last two months when I called I was told I am waiting for Oath slot when I called last week the agent was useless when she could off give some information and three business days later I was told about my file been transferred.Some of those agent behave like they doing us a favour when it’s their job to answer the phone and give us the information we are looking for.
One of the reason is could be due to call being routed to two different call centers who have different access levels depending on the office they are in. I learnt it from a different interaction where my two back to back calls were routed to two different centers.

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Scarborough should arrange every weekday (Mon- Fri) 4 ceremonies per day. New Judges are available now, there should not be any excuse... I know that we will not be able to get advantage of this, at least it will help applicants who applied after us...
I am hopeful that they will expedite once they are onboarded formally. Orientation takes some time. You may think C24 to C6 was an easy transition but as per the notice on cic website when C6 became law.. they had transition training all summer. Be hopeful and have patience. It takes time for tree to start giving fruit.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Today i passed the test & interview from Scarborough. My wife failed so she has to appear in the test again. The interviewer told her that she passed the interview so in the next test, she will only be doing the test not the interview. We were also informed that we will recieve the oath invitation only when my wife will pass. Here are some of my observations and tips for the people who are in line (specially in the scarborough office). I arrived on the site around 30 mins before the test. They have handed over a green colored form and asked to fill up our names, today' date, application number and signatures. Then around 10 mins before the test, they have called us inside the test room and provided all the instructions regarding the test. They told us to proceed to the interview room after finishing the test. There, people were intervewied as soon as their file was recieved from the person checking the test. Finally, we were interviewed and the interviewer checked our passports and ids asked about employment and that was it. The interviewer told my wife that she will receive invitation for the re write in 6-8 weeks.
The biggest thing i want to share to those who are waiting for the test is do not do your preparations from any website except from the book "Discover Canada". Also do not memorize the dates, events and personalities. Try to understand the whole thing.
The good thing about this location is the free parking in scarborough town centre.

2YR507

Sep 22, 2017
Every agent is different last two months when I called I was told I am waiting for Oath slot when I called last week the agent was useless when she could off give some information and three business days later I was told about my file been transferred.Some of those agent behave like they doing us a favour when it’s their job to answer the phone and give us the information we are looking for.
I was also told that my application is transferred to Mississauga. Application was received Aug 8, and test/DM was in January in Scarborough. Waiting for oath.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Today i passed the test & interview from Scarborough. My wife failed so she has to appear in the test again. The interviewer told her that she passed the interview so in the next test, she will only be doing the test not the interview. We were also informed that we will recieve the oath invitation only when my wife will pass. Here are some of my observations and tips for the people who are in line (specially in the scarborough office). I arrived on the site around 30 mins before the test. They have handed over a green colored form and asked to fill up our names, today' date, application number and signatures. Then around 10 mins before the test, they have called us inside the test room and provided all the instructions regarding the test. They told us to proceed to the interview room after finishing the test. There, people were intervewied as soon as their file was recieved from the person checking the test. Finally, we were interviewed and the interviewer checked our passports and ids asked about employment and that was it. The interviewer told my wife that she will receive invitation for the re write in 6-8 weeks.
The biggest thing i want to share to those who are waiting for the test is do not do your preparations from any website except from the book "Discover Canada". Also do not memorize the dates, events and personalities. Try to understand the whole thing.
The good thing about this location is the free parking in scarborough town centre.
Hi "fsarosh

Thanks for sharing your experience and for guiding others. One question from myself can I get paper a book ("Discover Canada") as I am lazy to read from online always :(.

Thanks.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Hi "fsarosh

Thanks for sharing your experience and for guiding others. One question from myself can I get paper a book ("Discover Canada") as I am lazy to read from online always :(.

Thanks.
Dont waste your money. Go to any Toronto Public Library and they have the printed copy available free of cost. I also got mine from there. I got my copy from the library located in "Parkway Mall" located on Victoria Park Ave & Ellesmere Rd in Scarborough.

Reactions: iceberge

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
In addition to what Fsarosh said.. There are free citizenship classes conducted by CICS in library which follows with mock tests as well, I found them useful.

Reactions: iceberge

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Looks like there is no hope for this week to get oath invites any more...did not hear any of our friends got after 28th May from mighty Scarborough Office..

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Looks like there is no hope for this week to get oath invites any more...did not hear any of our friends got after 28th May from mighty Scarborough Office..
True, lets hope they are busy planning the special ceremonies for Canada day and will send out a gazillion Oath invites soon :) ...wishful thinking i guess :(

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
As if the waiting wasn't bad enough, to add insult to injury (not really, but...) I received a voter information card from Elections Ontario! Same first and last name, correct address, but different middle name!

Now, I've had a few identity collisions with someone with the same first and last name over the past 15 years, starting with when I went to get my SIN card. Apparently there was confusion because this person also immigrated and had recently obtained a new SIN card.

Last year, the bank mistakenly attached my new mortgage and line of credit to a person with my name and a different address. They actually went and changed the address of this other identity to my own and that was quite the mess to sort out.

Now this. It really is perplexing that it could happen and I wonder how it did. This other identity is why IRCC requested FP from me, I've always suspected.