+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I don’t think it’s bad luck I think Scarborough office is just mess up. It’s one of the main office in the GTA they don’t have a full time judge they don’t sent Oath Invite in the order that application is receive they are not agonized only god knows what’s going on in their office if they cannot handle the July August and September applicants which is way less than the October applicants what are they going do when it’s time for all the October applicants to get Oath Invite there’s a lot on this forum what’s about all the applicants out there I guess they will keep shuffling them from one office to the other.
At least this office sends out test invitation much sooner than Mississauga office...

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
At least this office sends out test invitation much sooner than Mississauga office...
At least you will get test invite and probably get Oath Invite right after or probably in a couple weeks but I been waiting 5 months for Oath Invite and still waiting and there’s people waiting longer.

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I don’t think it’s bad luck I think Scarborough office is just mess up. It’s one of the main office in the GTA they don’t have a full time judge they don’t sent Oath Invite in the order that application is receive they are not agonized only god knows what’s going on in their office if they cannot handle the July August and September applicants which is way less than the October applicants what are they going do when it’s time for all the October applicants to get Oath Invite there’s a lot on this forum what’s about all the applicants out there I guess they will keep shuffling them from one office to the other.
God knows. I was looking at older threads and noticed that somebody waited 9 months after DM before she finally got oath invite after 13 months.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Out of curiosity, if you are unable to make it to the oath ceremony due to travelling and have to reschedule it, does anyone know what the timeline is for the next time they schedule you?
probably not soon, my guess would be a couple of months

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
God knows. I was looking at older threads and noticed that somebody waited 9 months after DM before she finally got oath invite after 13 months.
Was this before C-24? or after?

Before C-24 it used to take years, i know someone who's citizenship application took 4 years end-to-end, that was in 2011 which was not very unusual at the time.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Was this before C-24? or after?

Before C-24 it used to take years, i know someone who's citizenship application took 4 years end-to-end, that was in 2011 which was not very unusual at the time.
Yuck. I’m glad I waited to apply. I don’t think I could have waited through a process that was longer than my PR took.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
who the f told you that? Or from your little research??? Don't give other false info or stay away from this forum
Its probably based on the 12 months rule, whenever you get DM, subtract that from a 12 months period and that will be your "max" waiting time for Oath. i.e. if you get DM in 4 months, be ready for an Oath wait that can go up to 8 months.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Guys, lets chill...the wait can/is frustrating but lets not turn this place to a word-war zone. We all love this forum and there's lots of useful information for all, lets keep it a happy place :)

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
who the f told you that? Or from your little research??? Don't give other false info or stay away from this forum
Yes, from researching and analyzing data in the tracking sheet and information provided in this thread. It’s a commonly known range for Scarborough.

There are far more experienced members that will be all to happy to correct anything I post if I’m off base, so feel free not to have to worry about it.