+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Well, that kinda beat the norms. Congrats to sl_can!! My date is almost identical to your also. My application was received on July 28th- just two days after you. Well, Donald Duck should have got it by now. Donald Duck, are you a applying with your family? Because all of them who are getting oath call seem to be single applicants. Myself I have my son with me.

Well in a nutshell, this cannot be a bad thing. one thing for sure, barring any setback such as BG expiration or anything that is beyond our knowledge, Wenshould get call within next two week at least. At least for those whose applications were received within July 2017. We should hope for an invitation in April sometime.
Aakash, I am single applicant.

lorenb

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2013
Aakash, I checked spam folder and ECAS. Nothing there. It makes makes me nervous knowing that two people who sent application after me and got decision made after me already got their Oath invites.
We were at test same day and still waiting for invite here too.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems to me if they wanted to really clear up a backlog, they'd rent out a gymnasium that could fit hundreds at a time, and still have room for family members.
I don't think space is the issue - it's Citizenship judges and time.

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
I have carefully viewed the timeline of various cities. I cannot find any set pattern of citizenship applications processing. Irrespective of various cities, it is random. I have observed Calgary, Edmonton,Mississauga, Scarborough etc. some lucky ones get faster oaths, some are are lagging behind . I think there are multiple factors like BG checks, security check, resources available, issues of shortage of staff at various places, availability of citizenship judges, huge rush of of applications, and so on so forth.
Best is to sit back and relax.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Seems to me if they wanted to really clear up a backlog, they'd rent out a gymnasium that could fit hundreds at a time, and still have room for family members.
I guess there's no motivation to clear the backlog. Maybe we can get Doug Ford to look into it.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Razerblade did you get your decision made yet ?

Did the officer mention about the oath date timeline ?
Nope, not yet. Did you ? I believe our tests were on the same day. What time was yours ? Also, @AnilGurung had his test at the same time and day as me (March 16th @ 1PM), he hasn't got DM yet either.

The officer who reviewed my case was giving the standard "12 months" processing time response to everyone she interviewed. @AnilGurung was told oath by summer. I'm expecting a 6-8 months wait after DM realistically.

As I mentioned earlier elsewhere, it is rare that applicants get scheduled much earlier than the average time. I believe this happens when there are cancellations.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Nope, not yet. Did you ? I believe our tests were on the same day. What time was yours ? Also, @AnilGurung had his test at the same time and day as me (March 16th @ 1PM), he hasn't got DM yet either.

The officer who reviewed my case was giving the standard "12 months" processing time response to everyone she interviewed. @AnilGurung was told oath by summer. I'm expecting a 6-8 months wait after DM realistically.

As I mentioned earlier elsewhere, it is rare that applicants get scheduled much earlier than the average time. I believe this happens when there are cancellations.
I wonder if they will have a push in the summer to get people through the oath and registered as voters... lol