Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Hi

I became Canadian Citizen on Dec 1, 2017. Thank you all of you and I wish good luck to those who are till waiting

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
I took my Oath on 1st December at Scarborough and now a Canadian Citizen.

Thank you for all your help through the journey.

Good Luck to all that are waiting.
LB

Last edited:
Reactions: Weltmeister

akalanaki

Apr 16, 2010
Hi,
I have a ceremony appointment tomorrow. Just got a call and told it's canceled because they did not receive the background check results for my family. The caller showed up as "Private Number" and the lady over the line had my date of birth to prove it was from CIC. Did anyone hear anything like this? A notice of cancellation, with a phone call, from a private number, less than 24 hours before the ceremony appointment?!

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have a ceremony appointment tomorrow. Just got a call and told it's canceled because they did not receive the background check results for my family. The caller showed up as "Private Number" and the lady over the line had my date of birth to prove it was from CIC. Did anyone hear anything like this? A notice of cancellation, with a phone call, from a private number, less than 24 hours before the ceremony appointment?!
You have posted only one message on the forum and that too this one.

Looks like a troll, but I will still answer you question just incase you are genuine.

I would call CIC and check with this if this call was indeed from them.
If you are not getting a concrete answer on the phone, I suggest you go to the Oath ceremony and find out there if it is indeed the case.

AG

akalanaki

Apr 16, 2010
You have posted only one message on the forum and that too this one.

Looks like a troll, but I will still answer you question just incase you are genuine.

I would call CIC and check with this if this call was indeed from them.
If you are not getting a concrete answer on the phone, I suggest you go to the Oath ceremony and find out there if it is indeed the case.

AG
:) I'm not sure if a single post could be seen as a sign of being a troll. There is always a first one and yeah, that first one can easily turn into the last one as well. Nothing to do with being genuine or not IMHO.

Thanks for the answer though. Well, I'm calling them right now. And I'll take your advice: I'll go there if they don't clearly confirm the situation.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi,
That make no sense,so you had decision made and oath invite then they call you and said that oath invite is cancelled less than 24 hours.its either someone is messing with you or IRCC screw up big time.If they do you need to file a complaint.goodluck.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:) I'm not sure if a single post could be seen as a sign of being a troll. There is always a first one and yeah, that first one can easily turn into the last one as well. Nothing to do with being genuine or not IMHO.

Thanks for the answer though. Well, I'm calling them right now. And I'll take your advice: I'll go there if they don't clearly confirm the situation.
No offense with my remark of troll.

Well keep us posted with you unique situation.

AG

mosafer

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-2-2011
AOR Received.
12-4-2011
Med's Request
7-2-2012
Med's Done....
second 9-5-2012
Passport Req..
25-6-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-7-2012
Hi,
I got the same call for tomorrow Ceremony

Pinocchio

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi,
I think that was a call from IRCC, who would otherwise it be? Nobody else knew you had an oath invite for tomorrow. However I would call IRCC and confirm. Good luck!

mosafer

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-2-2011
AOR Received.
12-4-2011
Med's Request
7-2-2012
Med's Done....
second 9-5-2012
Passport Req..
25-6-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-7-2012
Are you serious?
Yes I just got the call and I don’t know why...a lady call me and told me because of background Check my oath Ceremony’s has been canceled

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
Yes I just got the call and I don’t know why...a lady call me and told me because of background Check my oath Ceremony’s has been canceled
interesting so they send oath invite even when the background check hasn't been fully completed... IRCC usually masks their number when they call out. If you have hesitation, you can still go directly to Scarborough office this afternoon to ask or show up there tomorrow. the call centre won't help you bro.

mosafer

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-2-2011
AOR Received.
12-4-2011
Med's Request
7-2-2012
Med's Done....
second 9-5-2012
Passport Req..
25-6-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-7-2012
interesting so they send oath invite even when the background check hasn't been fully completed... IRCC usually masks their number when they call out. If you have hesitation, you can still go directly to Scarborough office this afternoon to ask or show up there tomorrow. the call centre won't help you bro.
I am wondering Why they find out too late

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Same thing I thought why would they send out oath invite if background check isn’t done.my file is at Scarborough is someone their not doing their job probably.

mosafer

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-2-2011
AOR Received.
12-4-2011
Med's Request
7-2-2012
Med's Done....
second 9-5-2012
Passport Req..
25-6-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-7-2012
It might be expired... has anybody phone number of Scarborough citizenship centre?