+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
There are many ceremonies lined up in Scarborough.. am sure many would get through their wait times.. All the best to all

My file was transferred to St claire for 9 months and then transferred back to scarborough two weeks back and hence got an invite.. not sure whats the reason of transfer to St claire thn scarborough..

Also do use the webforms for people waiting more than 6-8 months to see if u get an update
How did you know that your file has been transferred to St claire then back to Scarborough. Did you order ATIP or by calling CIC.

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
How did you know that your file has been transferred to St claire then back to Scarborough. Did you order ATIP or by calling CIC.
I called up CIC and asked them where is my file.. They do give updates... You can also erite letters to the immigration office once u know where ur file is.. They would update ur file saying u have travel and can call for oath

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
I called up CIC and asked them where is my file.. They do give updates... You can also erite letters to the immigration office once u know where ur file is.. They would update ur file saying u have travel and can call for oath
Shweta.iyer, you mentioned you called up MP. Does that actually pull the trigger or you think it's something else?

May24th

Nov 16, 2017
Shweta.iyer, you mentioned you called up MP. Does that actually pull the trigger or you think it's something else?
I emailed my MP but he said an interface from MP might cause more delay so it’s better to wait if they say everything is fine with the file. It’s confusing when I see people who applied after I did are getting oath invite already.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed my MP but he said an interface from MP might cause more delay so it’s better to wait if they say everything is fine with the file. It’s confusing when I see people who applied after I did are getting oath invite already.
Going through MP hurts the ego of the IRRC office staff. Unless there is a pressing need that is justifying MP interference that does not help.
CIC will continue to do their background checks and required formalities even though MP office intervenes.

There are many candidates on the forum who have written to CIC directly with their reason and got favorable responses.
Hence the suggestion is contact CIC first before approaching MP.

Reactions: k33g and May24th

May24th

Nov 16, 2017
Going through MP hurts the ego of the IRRC office staff. Unless there is a pressing need that is justifying MP interference that does not help.
CIC will continue to do their background checks and required formalities even though MP office intervenes.

There are many candidates on the forum who have written to CIC directly with their reason and got favorable responses.
Hence the suggestion is contact CIC first before approaching MP.
Thank you, you mean to contact Cic through web form?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, you mean to contact Cic through web form?
Yes, most of the people who I had recommend to do so have got success.
Usually they respond only if your application has passed normal processing time.
But at times some applicants have got success with the link by requesting Oath after decision made.
Some have got success in getting decision made upon request when their application was stuck in in-progress.

Though one thing you got to remember, your Security and Background clearances have to be completed before they make a decision.

Do not expect to use this form if you have just applied or not completed your Citizenship Test unless you have a Job offer that requires you to be a Citizen or something like that.

AG

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
I dont think that does a lot of difference as in my case the MP office got the same reply as me.. the trigger point was web forms whne i completed 12 months as suggested by someone in this group also constant calls and letters i wrote to st claire office telling thm about my travel dates and stuff

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hey all i received the oath invite in my post yesterday.. Its at University of toronto on 16th dec at 9.30am.
Also the pink sheet says to put my name and sign and date.. so when do u have to sign it?? can u do it before hand or is this to be done in front of the officials at the ceremony?

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Hey all i received the oath invite in my post yesterday.. Its at University of toronto on 16th dec at 9.30am.
Also the pink sheet says to put my name and sign and date.. so when do u have to sign it?? can u do it before hand or is this to be done in front of the officials at the ceremony?
I think you can sign it now, don't need to sign in front of them. It's just a consent for them to take your picture i guess.

Jesuslovesyou

Apr 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Shweta.iyer
Congratulations bro! I created this thread and though I became a Citizen some 7 months ago, I have lingered to see the outcome of your situation. I'm glad that you will finally become a citizen in a couple of days. Others can continue using this thread as they wish, and hope it helps. Congrats oncemore!

Reactions: Shweta.iyer