+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Yes Weltmeister, you and I, we are in the same boat on this :)

I am re-posting my message from Citizenship Applicants June 2017 theme here:

For those, who are waiting for Invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony at Scarborough centre, and wondering what are average timelines, here you go:

I have looked and filtered the data for 2014, 2015 and a bit of 2016 years from this Google Excel sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZmsC4bp0t7TLDne6qmZy6cWqbhSRf0oSCkCTCavwI2s/edit#gid=55 to see what are the timelines for Scarborough centre from Decision made to invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony and see the following breakdown:

Out of total of 122 cases:
- 57 cases received invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony within 1 month from Decision made status in Ecas (from minimum 2 days after Decision made up to 31 day after Decision made).

- 65 cases received invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony after more than 1 month from Decision made status in Ecas (from minimum 32 days after Decision made up to 252 days (8 months) after Decision made).

So the average is 2.2 months of waiting time for people who have been waiting for an invitation to take Oath for more than one month.
Yes Anavatrix, and if you consider 2017 spreadsheet i think it is close to 3-4 months in most cases :(

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
How often are the citizenship ceremonies added to the schedule? So far I don't see any dates for Scarborough region on the schedule website... What does that means ..? o_O
They are supposed to update the schedule every monday. Scarborough on 10,11,12 Oct had 3 ceremonies a day i.e. 9 in all...so i think they are done for the month :) Ceremony dates for November should probably reflect on monday 30th.

Reactions: Anvatrix and iama

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
They are supposed to update the schedule every monday. Scarborough on 10,11,12 Oct had 3 ceremonies a day i.e. 9 in all...so i think they are done for the month :) Ceremony dates for November should probably reflect on monday 30th.
They have 3 days in November with 8 ceremonies scheduled so far:
- Thursday November 02 (at 9am, 11am and 1:30pm)
- Wednesday November 08 (at 9am, 11am and 1:30pm)
- Wednesday November 15 (at 9am and 11am)

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList

Last edited:

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone get an email or mail for the November oath from the Scarborough office?

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Does anyone know the average size of a citizenship ceremony at the Scarborough Town Centre office? Is it 50 people getting the oath in one ceremony?

danny_princy

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
New
i have family application 3 people but just my wife received oath for Nov 9. and me and my daughter still waiting. well at list something batter than nothing.

Reactions: Shweta.iyer

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
New
i have family application 3 people but just my wife received oath for Nov 9. and me and my daughter still waiting. well at list something batter than nothing.
wowwwww Danny.... this is the best news i have heard on halloween today.. lol but atlest some movement.. hopefully u both get yours as well.. you both might get for 15th nov

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
which timelines of peoples are getting the oath invitation for November oath for Scarborough office? last months was the march and if we follow the sequence it should be for the April, right?

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
New
Congrats Danny. Like you said, it's better than nothing.
I've updated the sheet with a note on "only one member receives oath invite as of Oct 31", please keep us posted and I can further update it.

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Congrats Danny. Like you said, it's better than nothing.
I've updated the sheet with a note on "only one member receives oath invite as of Oct 31", please keep us posted and I can further update it.
Hi.. k33g can u update my info as well
Shweta Iyer
Applied from Ajax - Nov 25
AOR - Dec13
In process - Jan 04
Test invite - Jan 24
Test date - Feb 10
Decision Made - Feb 10
Oath Invite - ??
Oath Ceremony- ??

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Hi.. k33g can u update my info as well
Shweta Iyer
Applied from Ajax - Nov 25
AOR - Dec13
In process - Jan 04
Test invite - Jan 24
Test date - Feb 10
Decision Made - Feb 10
Oath Invite - ??
Oath Ceremony- ??
Sure! hmm. Which ID is yours? can't find "Shweta Iyer" on it.
If you're not on the list, I'll just add it as a new row.