+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
I kept calling IRCC every couple of weeks. Everytime I was told the same thing - Security clearance is done and all you need to do is WAIT.
But when you call up they say that if you don't hear from them in 6 months they will look at your case.

danny_princy

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
I called CIC today and after 2 weeks my 12 months time period finish, i said there is no possibility now to finish my file in 12 months. So she said she is sending inquiry to sent clair office since there is no update in file since last six months and everything else is approved.

and i told her put NOTE i am open to go anywhere to take oath since Durham region don't have many ceremony

and finally she said they will reply me about inquiry.

Reactions: Weltmeister

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
I called CIC today and after 2 weeks my 12 months time period finish, i said there is no possibility now to finish my file in 12 months. So she said she is sending inquiry to sent clair office since there is no update in file since last six months and everything else is approved.

and i told her put NOTE i am open to go anywhere to take oath since Durham region don't have many ceremony

Thanks for sharing this. Good to know this approach... Please keep us posted if you hear back from CIC on anything.

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Looks like this month of October 2017 CIC has been inviting to Citizenship ceremony and to take Oath people who have applied in February and March 2017.

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017

Good luck! Hopefully they will give you your oath letter soon, fingers crossed!

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Looks like this month of October 2017 CIC has been inviting to Citizenship ceremony and to take Oath people who have applied in February and March 2017.
Yes, it looks like. For people who applied in June17 it looks like Jan/Feb 18 is the likely time when we should get the oath invite.

Reactions: Anvatrix

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Yes, it looks like. For people who applied in June17 it looks like Jan/Feb 18 is the likely time when we should get the oath invite.
Yes Weltmeister, you and I, we are in the same boat on this :)

I am re-posting my message from Citizenship Applicants June 2017 theme here:

For those, who are waiting for Invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony at Scarborough centre, and wondering what are average timelines, here you go:

I have looked and filtered the data for 2014, 2015 and a bit of 2016 years from this Google Excel sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZmsC4bp0t7TLDne6qmZy6cWqbhSRf0oSCkCTCavwI2s/edit#gid=55 to see what are the timelines for Scarborough centre from Decision made to invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony and see the following breakdown:

Out of total of 122 cases:
- 57 cases received invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony within 1 month from Decision made status in Ecas (from minimum 2 days after Decision made up to 31 day after Decision made).

- 65 cases received invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony after more than 1 month from Decision made status in Ecas (from minimum 32 days after Decision made up to 252 days (8 months) after Decision made).

So the average is 2.2 months of waiting time for people who have been waiting for an invitation to take Oath for more than one month.

Last edited:

S.H

Sep 28, 2017
How often are the citizenship ceremonies added to the schedule? So far I don't see any dates for Scarborough region on the schedule website... What does that means ..? o_O