Scarborough -DM-Oath

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danny
I contacted my local MP office.
They called me today and said that everything is ok and is in cue. I am so frustrated that I cannot even begin to tell you. I am now renewing my PR cards as I have no hope on Scarborough office.
I am done with it.

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
Danny
I contacted my local MP office.
They called me today and said that everything is ok and is in cue. I am so frustrated that I cannot even begin to tell you. I am now renewing my PR cards as I have no hope on Scarborough office.
I am done with it.
Thanks for sharing, I am in the same boat. Question is: do we need to renew our PR cards? Since we all have DM before our PR cards expire, and the government takes a long time to schedule everyone in for the last step, why are we required to spend more time and pay extra $$ for their inefficiency?

My current plan is just to explain my situation and will not apply for PR card renewal while waiting for that letter.

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks for sharing, I am in the same boat. Question is: do we need to renew our PR cards? Since we all have DM before our PR cards expire, and the government takes a long time to schedule everyone in for the last step, why are we required to spend more time and pay extra $$ for their inefficiency?

My current plan is just to explain my situation and will not apply for PR card renewal while waiting for that letter.
But if you need to travel, you will need the pr card. My DM on 26th Sept. still no reply. :(

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
One of my friend got decision made in April and till now still no oath date, his office is also Scarbourough, what is this office doing? why the delay is sooooooo long?!?!!

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
One of my friend got decision made in April and till now still no oath date, his office is also Scarbourough, what is this office doing? why the delay is sooooooo long?!?!!
They had 3 ceremonies in each day on 10,11 and 12 October. With 100 people per ceremony they must have cleared around 900 oaths. Hopefully we all should get our oath invites soon.

Reactions: irfan777

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only 100 people, I was wondering, why don't they call 1000 people per ceremony. The cost is low and faster and suffering less.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
if DM->Oath is bad now, can't imagine what it'll be like next year when C6 applicants such as myself start getting Citizenships. Sucks to be in the GTA.

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They had 3 ceremonies in each day on 10,11 and 12 October. With 100 people per ceremony they must have cleared around 900 oaths. Hopefully we all should get our oath invites soon.
Love your analysis.
You could be very right. I am checking regularly, currently they have no oaths scheduled for Scarborough in November. So we all can get it.

But I am renewing the PR Cards as I have to travel in January with family.

No choice....

Reactions: Weltmeister

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why dont they invite all the DMs in a big baseball ground or something and get all done at once.. lol this could save up lot of frustration for all..
Next few days are critical, as they will be planning oath ceremonies for November.

Just coming back after sending our documents for PR RENEWAL.

Another waiting time begins....

Reactions: Weltmeister

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Love your analysis.
You could be very right. I am checking regularly, currently they have no oaths scheduled for Scarborough in November. So we all can get it.

But I am renewing the PR Cards as I have to travel in January with family.

No choice....
Yes, better to renew as getting PR card also is very time consuming it seems. :(

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Why dont they invite all the DMs in a big baseball ground or something and get all done at once.. lol this could save up lot of frustration for all..
Good idea :) ....from the looks of it they were calling people for oath ceremony in October whose application was submitted in March 2017. So we can use that scenario and work out where we stand. I gave my test in end of September.

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
On "what to bring to the citizenship ceremony", CIC listed "PR card even if it is expired". So if we are not travelling out of the country, can I interpret this as a green light for skipping the PR card renewal?

What to bring
You must bring your ceremony notice and all your original immigration documents, including your:

• permanent resident card if you have one (even if it is expired)
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Yaaa my PR card expiring in 2 weeks... Dont want to spend more money man... Alredy spent 630 dollars...
If you do not need PR card for travelling purpose, you dont need to apply for new one while waiting for Oath. At Oath, just submit your expired PR cards to the officer. Please not your PR status does not expire with or depends on expiry date of PR card! Hopefully you will get oath date soon!