+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

cutechamp

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Scarborough hasn't moved for oath in so long. I'm so frustrated. Business travel soon but no oath . My boss might get mad maybe

saisaki19

Jul 28, 2017
@cutechamp we have exactly the same timeline. also waiting for my oath invites. I'm hoping we get it in two weeks or I might have to get my PR and passport renewed. I'm travelling late November. best luck of to us.

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Per CIC's information that routine application should be processed within 12 months, I am wondering for anyone under the 4/6 rules has waited for more than 12 months?

danny_princy

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
copy from December 2016 thread

This is called lottery .......................................

Hi guys.

Just wrote the Citizenship test today in Mississauga - 20/20. The interviewer was very thorough and took nearly an hour - they validated all my passport stamps. Good thing I had done translations of all Arabic stamps and taken both my Canadian and US entry/exit travel reports, they were also reviewed while validating against my physical presence calculations. Since I moved to Canada almost 2.5 years after landing and had a lot of entry/exit since, I had submitted a lot of extra documents - phone/utility/tax bills, lease agreements, bank statements, etc. The interviewer jokingly asked if he should be concerned that I sent so much extra stuff.

Aftet he was satisfied, he told me that he was approving my application and asked me if I could attend a citizenship ceremony on August 11 in Scarborough - it is a special ceremony being held as part of Scarborough Multicultural Festival. I told him that I could and he immediately handed me a generic notice to appear for oath. I was told that since the ceremony is in less than 2 weeks, I will not receive anything in mail and that I should just take this notice with me. Ecas still says In Process but I am sure it will change soon. I don't have access to update the spreadsheet so if someone could do so on my behalf, that would be much appreciated.

Relieved at being near the end of the road - it was a long journey and this forum was immensely helpful. Thank you everyone and all the very best to each of you!

Reactions: 416Applicant

cutechamp

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
@cutechamp we have exactly the same timeline. also waiting for my oath invites. I'm hoping we get it in two weeks or I might have to get my PR and passport renewed. I'm travelling late November. best luck of to us.
August 29 Ceremony posted . I guess we missed out i didn't get any invite :(

Ziaziaz

Dec 4, 2016
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 6, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 22, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on September 27, 2016.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 10, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 28, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 2, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 29, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. Hi guys that's my time line u asked for I hope it helped

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
There's few oath ceremonies posted on CIC website under "Toronto" rather than Scarborough for August, at many non-CIC locations.
I guess many Scarborough people would be invited to those. There's even 1 already posted for September.
2-4 months is standard time for oath if all is well.

cutechamp

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
May I know when you did your test and got the oath invite?
There's few oath ceremonies posted on CIC website under "Toronto" rather than Scarborough for August, at many non-CIC locations.
I guess many Scarborough people would be invited to those. There's even 1 already posted for September.
2-4 months is standard time for oath if all is well.
Checked no invite for me yet

Lucky10

Mar 25, 2017
heszak,
I applied in Nov2016
my test was on 10th Feb 2017 at Scarborough office.
First I received oath for July 1 unfortunately I went on vacation to India and requested them to postpone my ceremony.
Lucky to get my Oath again for today