+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Jul 9, 2012
My husband did his test on April 21, DM on April 24 and he got his oath letter on tuesday for scarborough. Ceremony on the 16th. He was told at his interview 2-4 months but it happened much quicker.

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
CansponsoringAussie said:
My husband did his test on April 21, DM on April 24 and he got his oath letter on tuesday for scarborough. Ceremony on the 16th. He was told at his interview 2-4 months but it happened much quicker.
wooww... that's so awesome... congratulations to your husband.. don't know the procedure followed by these processing centres..

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CansponsoringAussie said:
Thats good news. Means its depend on luck.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Congrats. The oath for 16th of May is yet to be listed on the CIC website. It means more oath letters soon.

Juela

Dec 17, 2016
Jesuslovesyou said:
@Juela
Was it a family application or individual? What I've learned from some threads here is that for family applications, DM is not always universal; sometimes the children show DM, parents pending and vice versa. Thanks.
It was individual,but i did some changes in my surname during the aplication,so it tooks more time.
Hope to receive yours letter soon :)

Jesuslovesyou

Apr 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are Jan and Feb DMs who are still awaiting oath letters.. many people who applied in October have recd their oath letters. (there could be exceptions).
Thanks. If Jan and Feb DMs are still awaiting Oath letters, my guess is that March DMs should hope for late June or July. Just being cautiously optimistic!

Jesuslovesyou

Apr 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
5. We sent you a notice on May 12, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 30, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Did my test in Scarborough March 7 with DM same day. Looks like there's some movement in Scarborough. Also would like to add that I called CIC yesterday morning and coincidentally, the letter was mailed out the same day. Coincidence, can't tell. But the guy was nice and as usual reminded me that all is fine with my file and that I should just remain patient and I will be called up. Good luck to all!

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
5. We sent you a notice on May 12, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 30, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Did my test in Scarborough March 7 with DM same day. Looks like there's some movement in Scarborough. Also would like to add that I called CIC yesterday morning and coincidentally, the letter was mailed out the same day. Coincidence, can't tell. But the guy was nice and as usual reminded me that all is fine with my file and that I should just remain patient and I will be called up. Good luck to all!
wow... thats so kool.. congratulations.. by the way when did u apply.. i am still waiting.. called up cic and they have no updates.. :(

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Congraaaat

Congraats, the Ceremony update has May,16 and Jun 6 but not may,30 weared

Jesuslovesyou

Apr 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow... thats so kool.. congratulations.. by the way when did u apply.. i am still waiting.. called up cic and they have no updates.. :(
My timeline:
Application received: November 25, 2016.
AOR: December 13, 2016
In process: January 4, 2017
Test date: March 7, 2017
Decision made: March 7, 2017
Oath Notice: May 12, 2017
Oath ceremony: May 30, 2017

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
My timeline:
Application received: November 25, 2016.
AOR: December 13, 2016
In process: January 4, 2017
Test date: March 7, 2017
Decision made: March 7, 2017
Oath Notice: May 12, 2017
Oath ceremony: May 30, 2017
Mine is pretty close.. Only thing my test was done feb 10 with DM on same day... My AOR, application recd and in process is same like yours... Dont know whats going on.. I have a travel in july for which i need to apply visas for two countries and if my oath is done then no need for visa... Am confused shud i apply visa or jus wait for few more days to see if i get an oath invite..

Congrats to you :)