+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Right, agree...same here, my PR card expired about 2 weeks ago...so i can't travel although my passport is valid.

Thinking, is it actually possible to renew the PR card when we already have DM on the citizenship application? Won't that confuse CIC? Also what if the system decided to issue a random RQ on the PR renewal application - would that impact the ceremony/Oath invite on the Citizenship application in any way?

Not sure how these guys (IRCC) work and therefore i'm even scared to apply for PR renewal if there's a slight chance it can delay the Oath even further..:eek:
I don't think it would have any negative impact whatsoever. If you need to travel, then you have to have a valid travel document. Same as needing to renew a passport while the process is going on.

Reactions: emamabd

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Hi,
I have generic question, probably someone would have answered already. Sorry about that.
I have been over 1095 days in Canada and filed 3 years Income Tax return -2015,2016 ,2017. Am I eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship? . over 2.5 years as PR, 19 months on Visa.
Came in May 2014 till Dec 2015 on visa and and PR from Dec 2015 till present.

pls guide.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I don't think it would have any negative impact whatsoever. If you need to travel, then you have to have a valid travel document. Same as needing to renew a passport while the process is going on.
True, just not sure if its the right thing to do at this point...they can make me run around for papers wasting time ...and who knows, maybe at the end i get nothing out of it ...i.e Oath comes before the new PR card.

I know someone who got his PR card 1 year after submitting the application, for some reason they decided to take it to a "second review" and it took ages...which is also why i didn't renew the PR card before my citizenship application, as i feared it would get delayed and hold me back from being able to apply for citizenship once C-6 came into force.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Yes, i think Scarborough seems to be properly staffed from a "Citizenship test" standpoint, and hence they like to help others, but for some reason there is no reciprocity from in the other offices to help Scarborough with the Oath backlog. Its difficult to try and makes sense of how IRCC works..
OH YEAH Mississauga don’t share.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Here is my story. We are family of 3 living close to Mississauga (Office) submitted application on April 1 2017. According to GCMS notes we passed security clearance by the end of April, and were tagged as "Ready For Test" by the end of May 2017! However Mississauga office didn't process our application and by the end of August 2017 they forwarded it to Scarborough office unfortunately. In Scarborough our application was abandoned for additional 6 month.

Bottom line we just did the test and the interview on this week, and got our status changed to DM,however no chances to finish the process in 12 month.
The call center as usual say's "everything is Ok", and your case gonna be processed longer than 12 month. That is it :(.
sorry my friend, your story seems very unfortunate. hope you guys get the oath invite soon.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
True, just not sure if its the right thing to do at this point...they can make me run around for papers wasting time ...and who knows, maybe at the end i get nothing out of it ...i.e Oath comes before the new PR card.

I know someone who got his PR card 1 year after submitting the application, for some reason they decided to take it to a "second review" and it took ages...which is also why i didn't renew the PR card before my citizenship application, as i feared it would get delayed and hold me back from being able to apply for citizenship once C-6 came into force.
you are the best judge of your situation. if you need to travel then you need a PR card to come back. agreed that these are difficult decisions. i am kind of struggling in the same situation to make up my mind about my vacation in June.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
OH YEAH Mississauga don’t share.
it would be really great if they push some of our applications to other offices for oath ceremony. there are so many offices around GTA and i am sure people would be willing to travel any distance to attend the ceremony (just a one day event). i dont know why it is so hard for them to decide on this.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
it would be really great if they push some of our applications to other offices for oath ceremony. there are so many offices around GTA and i am sure people would be willing to travel any distance to attend the ceremony (just a one day event). i dont know why it is so hard for them to decide on this.
My daughter lives in Calgary. I'd happily travel there to jump into their queue... lol

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
True...i wouldn't mind driving to Ottawa even to attend my ceremony, they are fast in processing and could definitely use some Scarborough applicants

Reactions: stalintouch

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
OH Yeah road trip I hate driving far but I will go to Mississauga or I could get a ride with one of you guys.
My daughter lives in Calgary. I'd happily travel there to jump into their queue... lol
True...i wouldn't mind driving to Ottawa even to attend my ceremony, they are fast in processing and could definitely use some Scarborough applicants

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
ah come on.. you can hate driving, but this is your oath ceremony.. you should be ready to run to this event!
It’s take me 5 mins to drive to work in good weather. I will drive as far as Hamilton.

Vladizza

Jun 15, 2017
I passed the test in Scarborough on January 24, and still waiting on DM + oath. Any idea how long it may take? I read here that some got DM three days after test. Is that something habitual?