+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

marple

Sep 4, 2014
Hi, we did our test yesterday May 8th at Scarborough and at the interview we were offered to go in for the Oath ceremony the next day (today). We had to declined because previous work commitments... sad to let that opportunity pass. How often does that happen? They said we will get an invite in 2-4 months, what is the timeline now based in your experience.
Thanks!

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi, we did our test yesterday May 8th at Scarborough and at the interview we were offered to go in for the Oath ceremony the next day (today). We had to declined because previous work commitments... sad to let that opportunity pass. How often does that happen? They said we will get an invite in 2-4 months, what is the timeline now based in your experience.
Thanks!
Now, they’ll accommodate others. Your turn will come probably by next month. If you’d accepted the invite; you’d not be here looking for answers. Cheers!

Mikethie

Feb 28, 2019
Now, they’ll accommodate others. Your turn will come probably by next month. If you’d accepted the invite; you’d not be here looking for answers. Cheers!

Lol yeah it would have taken 2 hours I would be called sick for work instead of waiting 2-4 months

kalikamlai

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Thanks!
You missed the opportunity !! waiting for oath invitation since last 7 month (Passed test /Interview in October) Now I am googling everyday "Scarborough DM to Oath" and reviewing answers from forum members - no choice !!!
Can you please share when was your original application submitted ??

guptaa

Dec 2, 2014
India
Hello All,

I seek your expert opinion on my scenario.

ecas is showing 5th line updated as below.

We sent you a notice on May 8, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 28, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

However, we have not received any email or mail communication on this. Does it take time to send communication?

Secondly, will it be possible to request them to pre-pone the oath date?

My third question is can we travel to USA with citizenship certificate alone (without Canadian Passport)

kalikamlai

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hello All,

I seek your expert opinion on my scenario.

ecas is showing 5th line updated as below.

We sent you a notice on May 8, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 28, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

However, we have not received any email or mail communication on this. Does it take time to send communication?

Secondly, will it be possible to request them to pre-pone the oath date?

My third question is can we travel to USA with citizenship certificate alone (without Canadian Passport)
1 - Reeving email may takes time - hopefully you will get it in with in 0-3 days ! wait until next week if no email just contact through web-form
2- You can't Pre-pone the oath invitation but you can postpone. to do so again use web form and contact them
3. You can't travel with Canadian citizenship and other country's passport with no US Visa on it. Please note Citizenship certificate is not a travel document
Thanks

alternatestar

Mar 26, 2019
They keep offering oath invites for people taking the test since last month and yet, people like me who took the exam on March is still waiting for the invite. I really really don’t get it. At this point, I’m just thinking they are deliberately delaying it for some just so the overall processing time won’t be too short.

Last edited:

guptaa

Dec 2, 2014
India
1 - Reeving email may takes time - hopefully you will get it in with in 0-3 days ! wait until next week if no email just contact through web-form
2- You can't Pre-pone the oath invitation but you can postpone. to do so again use web form and contact them
3. You can't travel with Canadian citizenship and other country's passport with no US Visa on it. Please note Citizenship certificate is not a travel document
Thanks
@kalikamlai, thanks for the response. I agree with your points.

Reactions: kalikamlai

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
They keep offering oath invites for people taking the test since last month and yet, people like me who took the exam on March is still waiting for the invite. I really really don’t get it. At this point, I’m just thinking they are deliberately delaying it for some just so the overall processing time won’t be too short.
Nothing personal here. Think of it from IRCC perspective, what good is it doing to them if they 'deliberately' slow down your application?