+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Finally done with part 1 of the citizenship process. Now I just need to apply for a passport. I went to the airport today after the ceremony to update NEXUS as we are embarking on a two week driving vacation in the US. I confirmed with the CBSA officer that I will be fine at the land entry with just my NEXUS card and the citizenship certificate.

Just FYI -- Ceremony time was 10:30. That's when they started letting people into the room and checked landing documents and PR card, if you had it. The ceremony actually started at 11:05. It was over well before noon, at which time people could take a photo if they wanted.

edit: We were told we could apply for passports on Thursday.

Last edited:

Elhamy1re

Nov 5, 2013
Sharing my Oath Ceremony

Date: July 4, 2018

Time: 1:00 pm

Duration: about 2 hours

Total number of applicants: 83

Arrived 10 minutes earlier.

Stood in a line that leads to the ceremony room.

At the door entrance, an officer looked at the invitation letter, the COPR and the PR card.

He let you inside the room to a clerk who took the consent form as well as the PR card.

You were seated at your designated seat.

When everyone took their designated seats, the clerk described the ceremony procedure and the judge name.

When the judge entered the room, all attendees stood up then sat down. He greeted everyone and welcomed them to the end of their long immigration journey. He gave information about the responsibilities and rights of a Canadian Citizen.

Then we all stood up and he introduced the Oath in both languages English and French then we sat down and he started to distribute the Canadian Citizenship Certificates to each one of us in the same order we were seated.

After receiving the certificate, you were conducted at the back of the room to sign the Oath. After everyone had signed the Oath and returned to their seats, we stood up again and sang O Canada, the bilingual version.

Finally, we took photos with the judge, the clerk and the officer.

Status in ECAS was changed to “Complete” the following day.

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Hello, i got a oath ceremony invitation for july but currently i am out of the country and wont return atleast in August . I emailed them on not coming and they responded that rescheduling a LAST oath final date or else your application will be refused.
Has anyone been in this situation. Now im worried.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Hello, i got a oath ceremony invitation for july but currently i am out of the country and wont return atleast in August . I emailed them on not coming and they responded that rescheduling a LAST oath final date or else your application will be refused.
Call them and explain them the situation in detail. Just in case book your seats before the oath dates so that if they refuse to reschedule you can return on time. Also, write down the officer's name, date and time of call for your personal records so that if required, you can quote it in any future correspondence but i will suggest you once again to make your bookings as well as a backup plan.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
So they responded back saying that they will give you another date - but that will be the last "Final" date and you have no option but to make that new date? If so - then you should have no issue to worry about, as you would be back in the country for the 2nd Oath date.

bevthebeaver

Jul 11, 2018
Hi guys,

Been a silent reader for a while. November Applicant here waiting for an oath date. My timeline is:

Single Applicant
Centre: Scarborough
App sent: November 2
App received: November 6
Acknowledging receipt: December 27
Started processing: January 18
Received notice of Test: April 19
Citizenship Test Date: May 7 - Scarborough
ICAS showing DM: May 8

Is there any way to know whether the July Oath slots have been filled up already? I am travelling from mid August.

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Yes they we reschedule another date as indicated in the mail but im worried it will be a early date before i arrive in toronto. I just wish they don’t reschedule it really quickly

Call them and explain them the situation in detail. Just in case book your seats before the oath dates so that if they refuse to reschedule you can return on time. Also, write down the officer's name, date and time of call for your personal records so that if required, you can quote it in any future correspondence but i will suggest you once again to make your bookings as well as a backup plan.
So they responded back saying that they will give you another date - but that will be the last "Final" date and you have no option but to make that new date? If so - then you should have no issue to worry about, as you would be back in the country for the 2nd Oath date.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi guys,

Been a silent reader for a while. November Applicant here waiting for an oath date. My timeline is:

Single Applicant

Is there any way to know whether the July Oath slots have been filled up already? I am travelling from mid August.
Congrats, updated the sheet. You need to call them at 1 888 242 2100 to get this information I assume.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi guys,

Single Applicant

From what I've heard or read, by the time you see Scarborough's ceremony schedule online, they would have already invited those who will participate.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Yes they we reschedule another date as indicated in the mail but im worried it will be a early date before i arrive in toronto. I just wish they don’t reschedule it really quickly
Better to let them know your return date so they align the Oath new date, (using webform/ or making a phone call /or both)

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Yes in the email i have attached my ticket and indicated my return date. And calling from overseas doesn’t work

Better to let them know your return date so they align the Oath new date, (using webform/ or making a phone call /or both

krhaider

Jul 12, 2018
Hi

I had my test in March 12, 2018. After that there were no update. Waiting for oath date.

My application receive date was November 20, 2017.

I need to travel in August. What should I do?

candy2009

Dec 5, 2011
Hi iam new here.. my timeline

Number of applicants: 2
Office: Scarborough
Applied: Oct 19, 2017
Processing start: Dec 2, 2017
Test Invite: Feb 21, 2018
Test date/ passing / interview : March 19, 2018
DM : Msrch 20 2018
ECAS Status : Decision made

OATH ack email: 9th july
OATH Ceremony: Scarborough
OATH Date / Time: 31st july 8:30am

thanks

Reactions: emamabd

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi

I had my test in March 12, 2018. After that there were no update. Waiting for oath date.

My application receive date was November 20, 2017.

I need to travel in August. What should I do?
Scarborough seems to be focused this month on clearing Oath for October applicants and others that they left hanging from previous months (July, Aug, Sept), most likely late July/early august the focus would shift towards November applicants.

If you are clear on what your priorities are, you'll know what to do, you really have 2 options i guess:

1) No travel until Oath is cleared
2) Contact IRCC and let them know your travel plans/return dates so that they don't schedule you for Oath during the travel period

camansooeb

Jun 25, 2018
I had my 3 yrs old daughter with me and she was cheering up with flag also Judge met her with high five. If you have smaller kid, it is advised not to take inside they ceremony room as they might cry and could impact the ceremony as you have to be inside the room for full length of the ceremony.

Thank you for sharing - We really want to take her with us, She is also 3 years, I don't expect she will be trouble nonetheless are they really that strict ? where there no little kids that perhaps where little noisy occasionally ?

its after all a happy occasion and having the whole family make this extra special,