+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

scanned invitation letter for tourist visa

cherubz

Jun 25, 2008
Hi,

I will be inviting my father to come to canada. I would like to know if all supported documents ie invitation letter, employment letter, my bank statements can just be scanned and send it to him and he can then print it and submit to the consulate.
I know everything from his side should be original. what about the one sponsoring (me), can I just scan copies and email it to save time? rather than courier or snail mail.

thanks
cher

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
cherubz said:
Hi,

I will be inviting my father to come to canada. I would like to know if all supported documents ie invitation letter, employment letter, my bank statements can just be scanned and send it to him and he can then print it and submit to the consulate.
I know everything from his side should be original. what about the one sponsoring (me), can I just scan copies and email it to save time? rather than courier or snail mail.

thanks
cher
Hi,

i would like to know what happened with your application? Was it approved? I am planning to do the same thing with my mom. I will ask our friend to just send the notarized and signed invitation letter over email and just scan it. I wonder if that is alright.