+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Save my soul

Apr 25, 2019
Please I am under opression , brutality and treat to life by the military may who impregnated me refuse the pregnancy and still wants to kill me how can I seek assylum in Canada

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Well you really have about three options:

1/ If possible move to a safe place in your country. Really now, is NO place safe at all in your country? OR

2/ To claim asylum leave your country and go to a neighbouring one where it is safer. Bring SOLID PROOF you have been abused, doctor's bills and notes, hospital bills, police reports, newspaper articles that specifically talk about you; not just how bad it is overall in your country. You have to PROVE your claim. Go to the UNHCR office in the country you have arrived in. Tell them you want asylum. Ultimately you will be processed and assigned a country. IT MAY NOT BE CANADA. OR

3/ Claim from inside Canada or at a port. Unfortunately you must fly to Canada. For this you need a TRV issued by the Canadian Government, which unfortunarely you probably don't qualify for.

"You do not need a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada if you are from a visa-exempt country. In this case, a visa-exempt person flying to Canada would need to apply for and obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before boarding his or her flight. If traveling to Canada over land, a visa-exempt person does not need either a TRV or an eTA."

Citizens from all other countries must apply for a Temporary Resident Visa before entering Canada, unless otherwise exempt.

Use our Visiting Canada Tool to determine what you need to do before traveling to Canada."

CanadaVisa

Check the Canadian Government documentation here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees.html

Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Based solely on the OP's forum user ID, a Nigerian national requires a visa.

Reactions: visatest

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010