Passport Req..
00-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
00-09-2013
LANDED..........
00-12-2013
justafun said:
Please reply the following questions regarding first landing,

1. Which airlines is considered best to travel from Jeddah to Toronto, money wise, flying time, and should have max one stop!
2. Any idea about the prices, should I take the tickets from any ticketing agency or online. Please suggest a reliable site, or give link from where I can check the rates and buy the tickets if it suits.
3. How harsh is the winter in Toronto in December, is there snowfall, approx temperature range ! Can we move around easily!
4. Would a 10 day trip be sufficient to get all the necessary paper work done, including road test for G license.
5. If I want to put all the gold that we have in the goods to follow list, do I have to take the photographs now and show to IO !
6. Am I right in understanding that goods to follow is a list in which we include all the goods that will follow later, for example when I go second time and want to take all that goods.
7. Is there any Islamic bank in Toronto, which doesn't deal in riba, is credit card mandatory, what if I don't want to have a credit card, and just the debit card!
8. Please share link, or tell from where can I have goods to carry and goods to follow forms, also explain these two terms. Is there any other form that I need to download and fill and shall be needed during first landing !
9.Do we need to deposit some money in the conventional banks for opening an account, which bank is better and how long does it take to open a bank account, tell procedure please !
10. Which letter shall i be requiring from marur for driving license purpose, does it need to be translated in English and attested from mofa !
11. Which is the best way to carry the required money, should it be cash, traveller cheques or ! should the cash be in CAD or I can carry the equivalent riyals also !

Thanks
Dear most of the information you can find over web, like about weather, flights etc. go to this website www.expedia.com and you will find tons of information about flights. try to get tickets between 25th of december to 31st of december and you will get it extremely cheap. Take your money in the form of "Bank Draft" as carrying cash more than 10K CAD is considered as money laundering. My friend told me Bank of Montreal is very good and later if you want to transfer more funds to your account from saudi arabia from Saudi Arabian bank it will be easier and cheaper.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
justafun said:
Please reply the following questions regarding first landing,

1. Which airlines is considered best to travel from Jeddah to Toronto, money wise, flying time, and should have max one stop!
2. Any idea about the prices, should I take the tickets from any ticketing agency or online. Please suggest a reliable site, or give link from where I can check the rates and buy the tickets if it suits.
3. How harsh is the winter in Toronto in December, is there snowfall, approx temperature range ! Can we move around easily!
4. Would a 10 day trip be sufficient to get all the necessary paper work done, including road test for G license.
5. If I want to put all the gold that we have in the goods to follow list, do I have to take the photographs now and show to IO !
6. Am I right in understanding that goods to follow is a list in which we include all the goods that will follow later, for example when I go second time and want to take all that goods.
7. Is there any Islamic bank in Toronto, which doesn't deal in riba, is credit card mandatory, what if I don't want to have a credit card, and just the debit card!
8. Please share link, or tell from where can I have goods to carry and goods to follow forms, also explain these two terms. Is there any other form that I need to download and fill and shall be needed during first landing !
9.Do we need to deposit some money in the conventional banks for opening an account, which bank is better and how long does it take to open a bank account, tell procedure please !
10. Which letter shall i be requiring from marur for driving license purpose, does it need to be translated in English and attested from mofa !
11. Which is the best way to carry the required money, should it be cash, traveller cheques or ! should the cash be in CAD or I can carry the equivalent riyals also !

Thanks
1. about airline u must first check online or visit saudiairline office in AL faislia. I think saudi airline has started flights for toronto this winter.
2. return ticket will cost around SR 4000, Flight scanner And book my trip are best sites u can google it also.
3. u can more around aesily in toronto but the wether will be much hard, so bring warm clothes with u. approx temp will be around 5 to -c
4. 10 days will be sufficient if u have any friend or relatives which can collect ur PR card on the address provided. But it will require more time than 10 days for other documentation like bank account and health insurance etc.
5. yes u have to take photograph of all the jewellery u bring with u
6. no sure about that
7. credit card is not mandatory, u can use visa debit card if your bank allows so. No any idea of islamic banking
8. u can make manual list of your goods, forms are provided by immigration officers on landing. u can search on this forum for "Landing" to have an idea about landing procedures
9.yes u have to deposit money in bank and u can find several bank in toronto which offers current account.
10. no need to take letter from maror, only your computerized driving license in enough. But keep in mind u have to perform road test since there is no license swap agreement between Saudi and Canada
11. its ideal to bring CAD, u can bring cash and travelers check also.

justafun

May 16, 2013
masood8 said:
1. about airline u must first check online or visit saudiairline office in AL faislia. I think saudi airline has started flights for toronto this winter.
2. return ticket will cost around SR 4000, Flight scanner And book my trip are best sites u can google it also.
3. u can more around aesily in toronto but the wether will be much hard, so bring warm clothes with u. approx temp will be around 5 to -c
4. 10 days will be sufficient if u have any friend or relatives which can collect ur PR card on the address provided. But it will require more time than 10 days for other documentation like bank account and health insurance etc.
5. yes u have to take photograph of all the jewellery u bring with u
6. no sure about that
7. credit card is not mandatory, u can use visa debit card if your bank allows so. No any idea of islamic banking
8. u can make manual list of your goods, forms are provided by immigration officers on landing. u can search on this forum for "Landing" to have an idea about landing procedures
9.yes u have to deposit money in bank and u can find several bank in toronto which offers current account.
10. no need to take letter from maror, only your computerized driving license in enough. But keep in mind u have to perform road test since there is no license swap agreement between Saudi and Canada
11. its ideal to bring CAD, u can bring cash and travelers check also.
thanks masood and immorx. Masood need some clarification,

4. Approx how much time is needed for opening a bank account !
5. I am talking about the jewellery that I plan to take second time. Do I need to take pics of that jewellery too during my first landing !
7. Awaiting reply
8. Do we need to fill both the forms at the airport, or we can carry the filled forms also.
9. What's the minimum amount that we need to deposit for opening a bank account !
10. I read somewhere on this forum that if you take a letter frm marur, you get exemption for G2 probably and may book directly G road test after clearing G1! Pease share if someone knows about it.

jemglaihkeyshia

Oct 21, 2013
Hello guys! I might need your help regarding the method of payment for QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER...what bank here in riyadh issues a bankdraft for payment in canada? did you guys use credit cards? there's no problem with that or is it risky? anyone please your suggestion will be highly appreciated...thanks!

immrox

Feb 12, 2012
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-08-2010
Doc's Request.
00-01-2011
Nomination.....
00-07-2011
AOR Received.
00-02-2012
IELTS Request
---
File Transfer...
----
Med's Request
00-08-2013
Med's Done....
00-08-2013
Interview........
---
Passport Req..
00-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
00-09-2013
LANDED..........
00-12-2013
jemglaihkeyshia said:
Hello guys! I might need your help regarding the method of payment for QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER...what bank here in riyadh issues a bankdraft for payment in canada? did you guys use credit cards? there's no problem with that or is it risky? anyone please your suggestion will be highly appreciated...thanks!
Dear any bank in saudi arabia will make a bank draft payable to receiver general for Canada. I dont think people applying from outside Canada are allowed to make payment using credit card.

jemglaihkeyshia

Oct 21, 2013
immrox said:
Dear any bank in saudi arabia will make a bank draft payable to receiver general fir Canada. I dont think people applying from outside canad are allowed to make payment using credit card
Thanks sir! appreciate it...

Amir_Ali

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Asia
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Doc's Request.
NA
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
for sure
LANDED..........
sooonnnnnnnnnnn
Hello all Saudi !

Amir

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
jemglaihkeyshia said:
Thanks sir! appreciate it...
Quebec skilled Worker application bank draft is NOT written payable to Receiver General(this is for FSW or other businesses with Canadian government or immigration.
For QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM please go to Saudi British Bank(SABB) or Riyadh Bank and raise a draft that can be drawn on a Canadian bank payable to the Ministre des Finances du Quebec and include your name in CAPITAL letters on the reverse side of the draft.
You can also pay through credit card by downloading, filling and signing appropriately the credit card payment form.
See the link below. http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/damascus/dcs-workers/fees.html

immrox

Feb 12, 2012
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-08-2010
Doc's Request.
00-01-2011
Nomination.....
00-07-2011
AOR Received.
00-02-2012
IELTS Request
---
File Transfer...
----
Med's Request
00-08-2013
Med's Done....
00-08-2013
Interview........
---
Passport Req..
00-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
00-09-2013
LANDED..........
00-12-2013
talk2melas said:
Quebec skilled Worker application bank draft is NOT written payable to Receiver General(this is for FSW or other businesses with Canadian government or immigration.
For QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM please go to Saudi British Bank(SABB) or Riyadh Bank and raise a draft that can be drawn on a Canadian bank payable to the Ministre des Finances du Quebec and include your name in CAPITAL letters on the reverse side of the draft.
You can also pay through credit card by downloading, filling and signing appropriately the credit card payment form.
See the link below. http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/damascus/dcs-workers/fees.html
Thanks dear for the update. Before asking from the forums we should read the relevant information on the immigration websites. Mostly complete information is available.

jemglaihkeyshia

Oct 21, 2013
talk2melas said:
How about on samba?

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
jemglaihkeyshia said:
How about on samba?
Samba no longer issue bank draft that can be drawn in a Canadian bank.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Can any body tell me from which bank I can make bank draft for RFPF fee from Jeddah (KSA)

fazal_81

Jan 31, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Complete application & suporting docs filed on 29-03-2011 & received by CIO on 05-04-2011.
Doc's Request.
12- Nov- 2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application.
File Transfer...
RBVO on 26th May, 2011. File "In Process" on 30- April- 2013.
Med's Request
Alhamdulillah on 12- Nov- 2014, RPRF paid on 17- 11- 2014
Med's Done....
15- 11- 2014, Medicals received by LVO on 22- 11- 2014.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 11 November, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-March, 2015 (PPR2). Submitted passports in VFS Riyadh on 11-03-2015, Received PPs on 29 March, 2015 along with CoPR.
LANDED..........
1st May, 2015 (Stayed 1 month). Settled for good: 29-06-2016
masood8 said:
Can any body tell me from which bank I can make bank draft for RFPF fee from Jeddah (KSA)
Check NCB, Al Rajhi. When I applied for immigration, I made the draft frm NCB also my account is there to pay application fee. Or in whichever bank you have acc. ask the bank.

Regards
Fazal

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
fazal_81 said:
Check NCB, Al Rajhi. When I applied for immigration, I made the draft frm NCB also my account is there to pay application fee. Or in whichever bank you have acc. ask the bank.

Regards
Fazal
Thanks for the help Bro.

roopster

Nov 13, 2013
Hi All,

Looking to connect with anyone who has recently received their visa and planning to travel/land in Canada in the next few months from KSA.
Would like to connect as well look into possibilities of combining shipment for personal effects.
Airfreight is damn expensive :(, so sea freight looks better, and has huge volume and weight allowance.
Am sending my stuff anyway, so anyone want to consolidate shipments to save on cost :), please do contact.

Regards