+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan SINP: Keep OID or Drop for ExpressEntry

hamid101

Jan 5, 2017
Hi,

I have applied for SINP Occupation In-Demant in August 2016, but I have not received any outcome yet, and the status is processing.
I have applied for the SINP Express-Entry yesterday, January 4, 2017, when it was opened again.

While it is now more than 4 months for my OID application and there is a chance that I will receive answer soon, but after reading online and checking IRCC website I noticed that the federal processing time for provincial nominations is significantly different for Express-Entry (6months) and non-ExpressEntry (16months). And this is the reason I applied for SINP ExpressEntry as well.

Now I have to decide to keep one and drop the other application, which I’m not sure what is the right decision at this time.

Any advice or feedback is greatly appreciated.

(I was thinking if there is a way I could request to transfer the processing happened on my OID file to the new ExpressEntry file before dropping that. Does anybody have any experience related to this?)

Thanks.

darkenny

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
hamid101 said:
Hi,

I have applied for SINP Occupation In-Demant in August 2016, but I have not received any outcome yet, and the status is processing.
I have applied for the SINP Express-Entry yesterday, January 4, 2017, when it was opened again.

While it is now more than 4 months for my OID application and there is a chance that I will receive answer soon, but after reading online and checking IRCC website I noticed that the federal processing time for provincial nominations is significantly different for Express-Entry (6months) and non-ExpressEntry (16months). And this is the reason I applied for SINP ExpressEntry as well.

Now I have to decide to keep one and drop the other application, which I’m not sure what is the right decision at this time.

(I was thinking if there is a way I could request to transfer the processing happened on my OID file to the new ExpressEntry file before dropping that. Does anybody have any experience related to this?)

Thanks.
I don't think you can 'transfer' your processing. It's a gamble when you have to take when sinp asks you to choose one

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
hamid101 said:
Hi,

Thanks.
Hello

As of Jan 1, 2017
The International Skilled Worker – Employment Offer sub-category is accepting applications.
The International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand sub-category is closed to applications at this time.
The International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry sub-category is closed to applications at this time.
For information on finding work in Saskatchewan, visit Finding Work.

Occupations in Demand is closed

Choose anything over Occupation in Demand

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/maximum-number-of-sinp-applications

Anton

hamid101

Jan 5, 2017
I don't think you can 'transfer' your processing. It's a gamble when you have to take when sinp asks you to choose one
Will they ask me to choose one? or Do I need to contact them to ask drop one? If they are going to ask me too choose one how long after the submission will that happen?

Hello

As of Jan 1, 2017
The International Skilled Worker – Employment Offer sub-category is accepting applications.
The International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand sub-category is closed to applications at this time.
The International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry sub-category is closed to applications at this time.
For information on finding work in Saskatchewan, visit Finding Work.

Occupations in Demand is closed

Choose anything over Occupation in Demand

Anton
I think you misunderstood my question. I already have a 4-month old submitted application for OID and a recent submitted application for EE.

darkenny

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
hamid101 said:
Will they ask me to choose one? or Do I need to contact them to ask drop one? If they are going to ask me too choose one how long after the submission will that happen?

I think you misunderstood my question. I already have a 4-month old submitted application for OID and a recent submitted application for EE.
Yes they will ask you to choose one. How long that will take is not fixed. It will happen when they notice that you have two active applications.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
hamid101 said:
Hi,

Thanks.
I think withdraw the second one. U will get nomination within a month for oid, for EE it will take 6 months. OID processing is easy and your possibilities are higher than EE to get nomination.

hamid101

Jan 5, 2017
I think withdraw the second one. U will get nomination within a month for oid, for EE it will take 6 months. OID processing is easy and your possibilities are higher than EE to get nomination.
Nomination takes 6 months? According to SINP website processing time for EE Nomination is 3 months.
Then the federal processing time for EE is 6 months. right?

But for OID, after getting nominated, the federal processing time is 16 months. Do you still think it is better to drop my EE application?

Thanks for feedback.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
hamid101 said:
Nomination takes 6 months? According to SINP website processing time for EE Nomination is 3 months.
Then the federal processing time for EE is 6 months. right?

But for OID, after getting nominated, the federal processing time is 16 months. Do you still think it is better to drop my EE application?

Thanks for feedback.
Many July EE applicants are getting Nomination nowadays. 16 months is maximum time, generally takes around 12 months.

hamid101

Jan 5, 2017
Is there any database/list/tool online to estimate the time it takes for applicants in EE vs non-EE for taking their federal PR?

NooreNaaz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
hi dear need some clarification do u mean nomination processing time for oid is lesser then EE?

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
hi dear need some clarification do u mean nomination processing time for oid is lesser then EE?
Nowadays picture has totally changed . Many Jan. FEB. Applicants are still waiting for nomination. Both sub categories , OID and SINP EE

NooreNaaz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Nowadays picture has totally changed . Many Jan. FEB. Applicants are still waiting for nomination. Both sub categories , OID and SINP EE
Thnx Ashu,
Should I inform about resigning from my job and searching another options??it's being more then one month I had sent

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Thnx Ashu,
Should I inform about resigning from my job and searching another options??it's being more then one month I had sent
Yes you can inform them.

NooreNaaz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
hi ashuindian since morning i am unable to see my invoice i can see whole my profile only when clicking o invoice its showing internal server error??can u plz guide me how does it generally look once ur invoice invisible??i am confuse whts hppening ??

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
hi ashuindian since morning i am unable to see my invoice i can see whole my profile only when clicking o invoice its showing internal server error??can u plz guide me how does it generally look once ur invoice invisible??i am confuse whts hppening ??
It will appear automatically. When did you apply for SINP? EE or OID?