+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan or Manitoba which is better for PR

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
karankullar said:
To tell you the truth, with this new express entry, I am not even sure what's wrong and what's right lol. PGWPs can't be extended though. And for any kind of work permit, you would need a LMIA, which I believe is getting harder and harder to get. Also, by the time you guys get close to filling your applications, CIC probably would change a lot of stuff. Planning that much ahead usually doesn't work out. If I were given a second go at getting PR, I would stick with doing a good technical diploma and then worry about a job. Basically I would take it one step at a time.
Hi, any recommendation for good technical diploma courses which is easier to get jobs after studying? Planning on studying in Sask or Manitoba for 2 years with the intention of getting PR of course. :)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting PR without finishing 2 years course?? How is that even possible ?

Quote from: Divi707 on April 01, 2015, 10:02:16 pm
hi iam coming to toronto for 1 year Pg diploma + 1 yr work permit ...

i wanted to know .. do i need to take another 1 yr course to get settled..so it wil be 2 yr study and 3 yr work permit?Huh

or .. if i move to Saskatchewan or manitoba and do relevant or irrelavant jobs related to my studies can i get pr WITHIN 2 yrs Huh

Just go to Saskatchewan or Manitoba to school and you are likely to get PR without studying for 2 yrs

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In sask and alberta, trade people get more pay compared to other provices so I would suggest go for Sask Polytech.
snickers_21 said:
Hi, any recommendation for good technical diploma courses which is easier to get jobs after studying? Planning on studying in Sask or Manitoba for 2 years with the intention of getting PR of course. :)

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
God of war said:
In sask and alberta, trade people get more pay compared to other provices so I would suggest go for Sask Polytech.
thanks. any idea for trades job? is it easy to get PR if your work is in trades?

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably through occupation in demand, it would be easy for trade guys. did you finish some trade course? Are you working now?
snickers_21 said:
thanks. any idea for trades job? is it easy to get PR if your work is in trades?

K.PURI

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for my student visa and have enrolled myself in a one year PGD Project Management course at University of Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am thinking about what to do after my course. If I should continue studying for another year - get a three year Post Graduation Work Permit and during this work visa apply for PR (after securing a job). OR finish my one year course at the University of Winnipeg, apply for PGWP directly after graduation and during one year get a job and apply for PR (possible through MPNP).

Each of the option has its PROS and CONS

- First option - 1 year study + 1 year study + 3 year PGWP = PR
PROs -
1) Long base (5 years) for PR & guarantees my stay for 5 years.
2) Getting to know the province.
3) Chance to settle in life in 5 year long period.

CONs -
1) Tied up for a longer period in anticipation of PR.
2) Expensive study for another year - approx- $20000

- Second option - 1 year study + 1 year PGWP = PR (through MPNP)
PROs-
1) Less time to get PR
2) Saving atleast $20000 on education - which is a big amount.

CONs
1) Uncertainty of getting a job in a short period of 1 year (PGWP)

I need help to make a decision. I am aware that situations might change, its not feasible to be so certain in future planning but I want to give my try to get PR a definite direction.

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
God of war said:
Probably through occupation in demand, it would be easy for trade guys. did you finish some trade course? Are you working now?
Yes, I'm working in IT field but a bit worried as there's no much IT jobs in Sask and Manitoba. I'm thinking of studying in Canada (get a new degree/diploma or upgrade) since I've read that it is easier to get a job if you have Canadian education plus the fact that there's a lot of options already to apply for PR once you've graduated. Maybe I'm just thinking of more secured, sure way and fastest on getting PR after studying. Thanks :)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes there is not whole alot for IT guys in sask(I am not sure about manitoba as I am from SK) But keep on looking for jobs on saskjobs. You are in Canada or outside canada? personally I think it's easier to get a job after studying in SK. SaskPolytech offer nice courses with co-ops so it would be easier (at least it was easier for me to get the job after ding co-ops)
snickers_21 said:
Yes, I'm working in IT field but a bit worried as there's no much IT jobs in Sask and Manitoba. I'm thinking of studying in Canada (get a new degree/diploma or upgrade) since I've read that it is easier to get a job if you have Canadian education plus the fact that there's a lot of options already to apply for PR once you've graduated. Maybe I'm just thinking of more secured, sure way and fastest on getting PR after studying. Thanks :)

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
God of war said:
Yes there is not whole alot for IT guys in sask(I am not sure about manitoba as I am from SK) But keep on looking for jobs on saskjobs. You are in Canada or outside canada? personally I think it's easier to get a job after studying in SK. SaskPolytech offer nice courses with co-ops so it would be easier (at least it was easier for me to get the job after ding co-ops)
If I'm not mistaken, I've checked saskjobs before and got only 1 or 2 jobs similar to my field. I'm outside Canada. I'm sorry but what do you mean courses with co-ops? How about taking Health Information Management course, do you think there's a lot of job opportunities for that course? That's what I'm planning to take if ever. What course did you take if I may ask?

Thank you very much for your feedback. Very appreciated to get such feedback as you know much about SK. :)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Co-ops are like internships but with paid employment. If you get co-ops, you can make money and gain experience and make contacts at the same time. And there are more chances of getting hired by same employer after the course. I don't think there is co-op available in Health Information management at saskpolytech. There are jobs available in healthcare but I am not sure specifically about health information management. I am from trade background so not much idea about health care. BTW pay is good in this field. (check 3rd link)

you should check these links:

http://saskpolytech.ca/programs-and-courses/programs/Health-Information-Management.aspx
http://healthcareersinsask.ca/work/opportunities/
https://www.saskjobs.ca/jsp/joborder/detail.jsp?job_order_id=724345

snickers_21 said:
If I'm not mistaken, I've checked saskjobs before and got only 1 or 2 jobs similar to my field. I'm outside Canada. I'm sorry but what do you mean courses with co-ops? How about taking Health Information Management course, do you think there's a lot of job opportunities for that course? That's what I'm planning to take if ever. What course did you take if I may ask?

Thank you very much for your feedback. Very appreciated to get such feedback as you know much about SK. :)

Harsh29

May 31, 2015
Hey guys, I need some advice, I did two year of diploma in Ontario, got my pgwp, i have two year of work experience in NOC 2232 (Mechanical technician). Now my work permit is expiring soon, I thinking to apply for study permit. But i want to know which province would be better to go, where i can apply for PNP as express entry doesn't seems to fair for international students at this moment.

abin278

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
I had applied to UofM for MS Pharmacology & Therapeutics (Winter 2017 admission) and was fortunate enough to receive conditional offer, the conditions being:
1) successful completion of my current program with minimum grade of B in my last 2 years of study (which is not an issue as I have completed my academics and is currently doing my 1 year internship)
2) submission of final transcript and a copy of the final degree certificate
However, most universities in India issue provisional degree certificates on graduation and provide the degree certificate much later (approx 6 to 10 months after graduation). I would be graduating towards the end of August and would receive the provisional degree certificate in September.
Considering my graduation time from India, UofM FGS had provided me ample time till October to submit my final degree certificate, which I might receive only by June 2017
I would be grateful if someone could inform me on whether I could use provisional degree certificate instead of original degree certificate to secure unconditional/final acceptance from UofM.

Parrii

Aug 28, 2019
Hi ... I am planning to come to Canada ... May anyone help me in which province should go ... how many band does it require .. minimum and maximum ... Plus how long the process will take ? Kindly help me out.