+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SASKATCHEWAN(Living Conditions)

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Fellow aspirants,

I had applied for SINP in Dec15, I would like to understand the living conditions like, cost of living. Job opportunities in Saskatchewan.
Anyone who had already migrated into Saskatchewan, share ur real true exp. Is it recommended for the International migrants to Immigrate over there.

Thanks
Sathya

Prakash79

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Anand
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 2232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16th Jan-2016
Nomination.....
16th March-2016
AOR Received.
04th April-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 14th April-2016
Passport Req..
21st sept
satya10 said:
Dear Fellow aspirants,

I had applied for SINP in Dec15, I would like to understand the living conditions like, cost of living. Job opportunities in Saskatchewan.
Anyone who had already migrated into Saskatchewan, share ur real true exp. Is it recommended for the International migrants to Immigrate over there.

Thanks
Sathya
I also applied on 17th Dec and want to know about that. Actually good topic..

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
many rentals are lowering their price because everybody lost their job in the oil patch. For a one bedroom apartment you are generally looking at $800-1100 in Regina. I think there's a whole street in SW Regina full of unsold houses for sale at something like 350k. Food is more expensive than Toronto, but cheaper than Vancouver.

Just beware of the cold if you are from a tropical country. 25 below plus wind is common (not this year, surprisingly) and without proper clothing and prolonged exposure is down right dangerous.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about the job opportunities for a IT Tester and Developer, pls share your views.
btw which NOC you belongs to?

Thanks
Sathya

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
I can't say too much about IT industry. I am mechanical engineering tech. I'd imagine most IT jobs are not in SK, they are in Vancouver, Calgary & Toronto.

Btw, cross post. Ask settlement questions here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/settlement-issues-b14.0/

CanadaDream2015/16

Oct 27, 2015
I live in sk for 3 years now and I'm originally from the IT FIELD. I used to work for HP back home. I had to change fields because I couldn't find job here. Now I'm working in the banking industry.

cindy9902

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
CanadaDream2015/16 said:
I live in sk for 3 years now and I'm originally from the IT FIELD. I used to work for HP back home. I had to change fields because I couldn't find job here. Now I'm working in the banking industry.
Oh, really sad to hear that. Many applicants of SINP EE nomination are IT field. It should be a big problem if can't find a job there.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Fellow members,

I have a question, is it mandatory to stay in SK after we land, is there any specific conditions/duration for a PNP applicant needs to stay.In case if we fail to obtain the relevant job, im ready to work in other fields as well, however I would like to move to places like Calagry,Vancouver.
Advise on this pls

Thanks
Sathya

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear CanadaDream,

Are you from Bangalore, India? I have Investment Banking and IT exp, kindly share your experience in SK.

Thanks
Sathya
Ph-9900108649
Email- satya.oops@gmail.com

fayfeily

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
It is a good topic. Look like Saskatchewan is a mystery that everyone want to find out more.

Anyone already there can share a bit more the live there ? Which area is better/convenient for living ? (Saskatoon or Regina ?)

What's most popular business doing there ? I believe not too much commercial right ?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
satya10 said:
Dear Fellow members,

I have a question, is it mandatory to stay in SK after we land, is there any specific conditions/duration for a PNP applicant needs to stay.In case if we fail to obtain the relevant job, im ready to work in other fields as well, however I would like to move to places like Calagry,Vancouver.
Advise on this pls

Thanks
Sathya
You have to show intention to live in SK while landing. After landing you can go anywhere.

It is unconstitutional to restrict movement between provinces. Although getting PNP in a province while intended to live in another maybe suspected as misrepresentation. People had got refused entry at port of entry for that before. But after landing process, if they wanted to sue you for moving out, it's almost always had to be settled in court and the government is the last one wanted to do that.

fayfeily said:
It is a good topic. Look like Saskatchewan is a mystery that everyone want to find out more.

Anyone already there can share a bit more the live there ? Which area is better/convenient for living ? (Saskatoon or Regina ?)

What's most popular business doing there ? I believe not too much commercial right ?
If you can stand 20 below for the whole month, and sun rises at 9am and sets by 4:30, you are good. Drive south out of Regina and be amazed by the flatness of land.

Good luck looking for jobs too while many locals got laid off in oil and mining and related business.

I guess for IT you can look at SaskTel as they are one of the largest crown corporate in Canada. If you happened to get in, you are pretty much set for life.

Nova_S

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
mf4361 said:
You have to show intention to live in SK while landing. After landing you can go anywhere.

It is unconstitutional to restrict movement between provinces. Although getting PNP in a province while intended to live in another maybe suspected as misrepresentation. People had got refused entry at port of entry for that before. But after landing process, if they wanted to sue you for moving out, it's almost always had to be settled in court and the government is the last one wanted to do that.

If you can stand 20 below for the whole month, and sun rises at 9am and sets by 4:30, you are good. Drive south out of Regina and be amazed by the flatness of land.

Good luck looking for jobs too while many locals got laid off in oil and mining and related business.

I guess for IT you can look at SaskTel as they are one of the largest crown corporate in Canada. If you happened to get in, you are pretty much set for life.
Excellent advice. Thanks for that.

Which part of regina is good for newcomer? Where the most Indian/Bengali community lives at?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Nova_S said:
Excellent advice. Thanks for that.

Which part of regina is good for newcomer? Where the most Indian/Bengali community lives at?
I don't live in Regina. IMO Regina is so small that it won't make a huge difference anyway. Drive from south end to north end of town is ~20 mins

EliseHuynh

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 7
IELTS Request
None
Passport Req..
July 29, 20016
VISA ISSUED...
August 30, 2016
LANDED..........
September 10, 2016
I found a link about the resident of PNP applicant.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pnp-do-you-have-to-reside-in-province-of-nomination-t391571.0.html

My family has lived in SK more than 2 year. However, we just applied SNIP in December. Now, we may a problem with EE application :'( after getting ITA.

Some hints for newcomers at Saskatoon.
+ Finding a good place to live ?
What is a good place ? ( I am not sure :D). You can check at the following links
http://map.police.saskatoon.sk.ca/

It is commendation that it is not a good idea to live in street 20,21, 22 or 33 although the renting cost here is so cheap.

+ Rent a basement ? Good or bad ?
It is said that 90% basement in Canada is illegal or not confirming. Why ? Not have enough window, complaint parking zone, etc ? Are you OK if you live in illegal basement ? Yes ! It is your right. However, you can complaint with the city if your landlord is not good with you. We will win.

+ Renting lease ?
It is vital to you. Why ? Since you will renew PR or apply citizen later? If you need a proof. It is a good one. Do not pay renting by cash. If you do not have a lease or pay renting by cash, the city or government can not protect you. You do not have any right !

+ The weather ?
I come from the hot weather area, but I think that cold weather is not a big problem. In fact, my family love Saskatchewan environment.

+ Education in Saskatchewan
I think that it is a positive point to live here (I lived in , France, US and Australia).

+ Job market for IT

There are few IT companies in Saskatoon and Regina. However, many IT students graduating form UofS and UofR usually go to Toronto to find a job. There are few job opportunities for IT technician or IT customer service at SaskTel. It is noted that 50% of job in SK is hidden job (I read this information in a report one year ago). It is means that you need to know some people in a company that you want to apply. You can view here for further information

http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/looking-work#hidden job market.

Anything else ? ;D

Sandeep1708

Mar 28, 2010
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
CIO, NS: 09 June, 2015 (Outland)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
26 May, 2015 (SINP Without J/O; Jan 02,2015 Batch)
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Aug 26, 2015
Med's Request
Sept 23, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 30, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM & PPR: Jan 11, 2016
LANDED..........
March 2016
EliseHuynh said:
I found a link about the resident of PNP applicant.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pnp-do-you-have-to-reside-in-province-of-nomination-t391571.0.html

My family has lived in SK more than 2 year. However, we just applied SNIP in December. Now, we may a problem with EE application :'( after getting ITA.

Some hints for newcomers at Saskatoon.
+ Finding a good place to live ?
What is a good place ? ( I am not sure :D). You can check at the following links
http://map.police.saskatoon.sk.ca/

It is commendation that it is not a good idea to live in street 20,21, 22 or 33 although the renting cost here is so cheap.

+ Rent a basement ? Good or bad ?
It is said that 90% basement in Canada is illegal or not confirming. Why ? Not have enough window, complaint parking zone, etc ? Are you OK if you live in illegal basement ? Yes ! It is your right. However, you can complaint with the city if your landlord is not good with you. We will win.

+ Renting lease ?
It is vital to you. Why ? Since you will renew PR or apply citizen later? If you need a proof. It is a good one. Do not pay renting by cash. If you do not have a lease or pay renting by cash, the city or government can not project you. You do not have any right !

+ The weather ?
I come from the hot weather area, but I think that cold weather is not a big problem. In fact, my family love Saskatchewan environment.

+ Education in Saskatchewan
I think that it is a positive point to live here (I lived in , France, US and Australia).

+ Job market for IT

There are few IT companies in Saskatoon and Regina. However, many IT students graduating form UofS and UofR usually go to Toronto to find a job. There are few job opportunities for IT technician or IT customer service at SaskTel. It is noted that 50% of job in SK is hidden job (I read this information in a report one year ago). It is means that you need to know some people in a company that you want to apply. You can view here for further information

http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/looking-work#hidden job market.

Anything else ? ;D
Thanks for sharing this info... +1