+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SASKATCHEWAN(Living Conditions)

saima malik

Nov 19, 2015
Hi.
my name saima i have applied sk i want to know about benfits provided by goverment of sk after getting PR card??house provide by gov after getting PR card?? about health benrfits about child benefits etc??kindly guide me

camyhome

Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2015
Nomination.....
June 2014
AOR Received.
December 8, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Soon .....
saima malik said:
Hi.
my name saima i have applied sk i want to know about benfits provided by goverment of sk after getting PR card??house provide by gov after getting PR card?? about health benrfits about child benefits etc??kindly guide me
Dear Saima,

Saskatchewan or any other Canadian province never provides houses for PRs.
You will get free Medical and some benefits for kids like free education & some compensation (cash), amount depends on the age of kids, small kids more benifits.

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
Very informative post. Thanks.

batoolkhan

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Nomination.....
30-5-2016
AOR Received.
03-10-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
01-11-2016
Med's Done....
14-11-2016 Medical Passed......17-02-2017
Passport Req..
25-4-2017
Voyager2014 said:
A detailed listing in Quora..Its worth reading

https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-live-in-Saskatchewan

Regina is underrated. It is a very stable place to live and many people don't leave because of how easy it is to live here. Sometimes, especially for those who've been here a long time, people even feel trapped here because every other city is so "busy".
-The cost of living (although in recent years has gone up) is still very low in comparison to pretty much everywhere else in the word. It truly is a cheap place to live.
-Job opportunities extremely abundant. Very few people "struggle". New businesses go up every day. SK is a booming province, and it's primarily due to the potash mine and oil sector. About 200,000 people live here. 2.5 hours from Saskatoon, 6 hours from Calgary. Regina is surrounded by many small towns. SUPER friendly people everywhere.
-Lots of places to rent although houses have gone up in price recently.
-Transport could be better. This city seems to be built for drivers so most people drive everywhere. It takes about 20 minutes to get anywhere in the city. Parking is usually easy to find. Rush hour is non-existent and pretty much a joke compared to big cities.
-Despite what you read about high crimes, the word "crime" truly is relative. Still nothing at all like an American Ghetto. I have yet to see such crimes here in fact. Just the basics, and because of a per capita statistic, it is often exaggerated and seems worse then it actually is. That being said, the north central part of the city is what you need to avoid at night, but during the day it's kind of a joke. It's really not that bad. Often, crimes are caused by drug users, prostitutes, or teen punks breaking and entering vehicles for petty thefts. Relatively minor in my opinion.
-Very laid back city. No such thing as hussle and bussle here. In fact if you come from a bigger city you might get frustrated at the slow pace mentality here. Be warned.
-Lots of old people, religious folks and conservatives. However it's gotten ALOT better in recent years for younger people to live here. Bars and restaurants are finally catering to younger people and opening later. Reasonable amount of things to do in the city, but of course could be more, and thankfully, always growing. Lots of great restaurants here. City is filled with pubs. If you want dance bars, there aren't that many and you might get bored fast.
-Shopping could be better but it's sufficient. Many families live here. For a single person wanting variety and diversity you might get bored of this city very fast.
-Sports oriented city. If you're not a big sports fan it can get frustrating. That being said, there is definitely an artsy community here if you know where to look and hang out with the right crowds.
-Temperature is crazy variable. Winters can be down to -40C and summers up to 40C. Generally, the weather is very dry.
-If you like hiking, fishing and hunting, SK is one of the best places in the world for this. People from south come up here just for that. The fishing in particular is phenomenal if you are willing to travel a few hours north. Not uncommon for a group to catch 100 fish a day in some spots. Most people in summer hang out at their cabins and go boating or fishing. The land is flat, but there are hidden valleys and gems if you know where to look. The more north you go in SK, the more forests you will find.
-Air quality is one of the best in the world. Water is hard but most people have water softeners.
That's about it in a nutshell. If you are looking for a stable place to live with some of the amenities of bigger cities, Regina might not be a bad choice for you. Some say Saskatoon is more artsy, but I am a firm believer that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
+1 very helpful info

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
camyhome said:
Dear Saima,

Saskatchewan or any other Canadian province never provides houses for PRs.
You will get free Medical and some benefits for kids like free education & some compensation (cash), amount depends on the age of kids, small kids more benifits.
:eek: where did you find cash compensation for immigrants??

camyhome

Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2015
Nomination.....
June 2014
AOR Received.
December 8, 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Soon .....
mf4361 said:
:eek: where did you find cash compensation for immigrants??
In the last year of PM Harper, federal government (Conservatives) pass a bill to compensate families with younger kids.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
camyhome said:
In the last year of PM Harper, federal government (Conservatives) pass a bill to compensate families with younger kids.
You mean UCCB and Family Tax Cut. That's for all tax payers, not only PR. And while the tax cut and UCCB is gone, new credits of some sort is coming.

camyhome

Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2015
Nomination.....
June 2014
AOR Received.
December 8, 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Soon .....
mf4361 said:
You mean UCCB and Family Tax Cut. That's for all tax payers, not only PR. And while the tax cut and UCCB is gone, new credits of some sort is coming.
Yes, you are right.
I am talking about same

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
Nova_S said:
Excellent advice. Thanks for that.

Which part of regina is good for newcomer? Where the most Indian/Bengali community lives at?
Hi Nova, I don't know about Regina but there is a decent size Bengali community in Saskatoon

Henco

Jan 20, 2016
Cape Town
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-05-2016
Hi everyone

I am new here so not quite sure if this is the correct thread for this question. I have applied through SINP and my application is in the received status. I just want to know about job opportunities in the construction industry. I am a quantity surveyor (NOS 2234 - Estimator)

any help or advise will be appreciated.

Cheers

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Henco said:
Hi everyone

I am new here so not quite sure if this is the correct thread for this question. I have applied through SINP and my application is in the received status. I just want to know about job opportunities in the construction industry. I am a quantity surveyor (NOS 2234 - Estimator)

any help or advise will be appreciated.

Cheers
Regina bypass is on-going