+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan Applicants applied after C6 please post your timeline here

Roger_notta

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Another week is passing by and no tests oath invites for Regina area. I would really like to know if they have anyone working on those files at all.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Another week is passing by and no tests oath invites for Regina area. I would really like to know if they have anyone working on those files at all.
In order for them to be able to give what appears to be their customary kind consideration of 3 weeks' notice of test/interview appointments or oath ceremonies, then for Regina-area assigned applicants they'd have to be issuing those invitations this week.

If, however, there's actually no "May 2018 (tbd)" Regina event planned by IRCC at all whatsoever, then presumably the regional itinerant page on the IRCC website is wrong and this fact hasn't been picked-up by any officer/staffer over the past month while it's been up live on their website.

Anyhow, there are indeed a good number of Regina-assigned folk on here who are trying very hard to wait patiently for their test/interview or oath invitations.

If we don't see any movement this week, then I would suggest that any applicants who happen to live in Ralph Goodale's electorate in Regina might consider contacting his office there in order to politely ask his staffer(s) whether they might be able to determine through their contacts in Government what ever happened to IRCC's advertised "May 2018 (tbd)" event.

The term TBD properly means that only the date's yet to be determined, not whether the event itself goes ahead or not (although this might actually be the case in the Canadian version of English, hehe).

Last edited:
Reactions: Psalm91

Roger_notta

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
In order for them to be able to give what appears to be their customary kind consideration of 3 weeks' notice of test/interview appointments or oath ceremonies, then for Regina-area assigned applicants they'd have to be issuing those invitations this week.

If, however, there's actually no "May 2018 (tbd)" Regina event planned by IRCC at all whatsoever, then presumably the regional itinerant page on the IRCC website is wrong and this fact hasn't been picked-up by any officer/staffer over the past month while it's been up live on their website.

Anyhow, there are indeed a good number of Regina-assigned folk on here who are trying very hard to wait patiently for their test/interview or oath invitations.

If we don't see any movement this week, then I would suggest that any applicants who happen to live in Ralph Goodale's electorate in Regina might consider contacting his office there in order to politely ask his staffer(s) whether they might be able to determine through their contacts in Government what ever happened to IRCC's advertised "May 2018 (tbd)" event.

The term TBD properly means that only the date's yet to be determined, not whether the event itself goes ahead or not (although this might actually be the case in the Canadian version of English, hehe).
What's your take on that IRCC has to disclose the location of citizenship ceremonies on their website? April last week they said they held ceremonies in Regina but there was no location posted. Can they really do that?

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
What's your take on that IRCC has to disclose the location of citizenship ceremonies on their website? April last week they said they held ceremonies in Regina but there was no location posted. Can they really do that?
I'd say yes if those particular ceremonies weren't to be open to the public for whatever reason. Were there any mentions/photos in the local Regina newspapers showing proud New Canadians in Regina for the April 23rd-26th dated regional itinerant ceremonies? Does anybody know if there were in fact any citizenship ceremonies in Regina that week at all? They may have been virtual phantoms.

Lizzy3

Feb 18, 2018
Hey,

So I'm assuming my oath ceremony is still going ahead on the 23rd May even though it's been taken down from cic web site. I think when they're updating their list of ceremonies they sometimes take down others by mistake. I'd been checking the cic website daily and I noticed the ceremony for yesterday and the one for 1st June in North Battleford would be there some days and others not.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

Wondergirl

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sk
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
Citizenship 31/10/2917
AOR Received.
12/14/2017
Hey,

So I'm assuming my oath ceremony is still going ahead on the 23rd May even though it's been taken down from cic web site. I think when they're updating their list of ceremonies they sometimes take down others by mistake. I'd been checking the cic website daily and I noticed the ceremony for yesterday and the one for 1st June in North Battleford would be there some days and others not.

R u from Regina? When did u took ur test?

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Hey,

Yes Your OAT is still going ahead. If at all the OAT is cancelled they will inform you. Am pretty sure it will be back up on the website with some Regina Area Test/Interview and Oats Date.

Reactions: ChippyBoy