19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
luk said:
hi everyone!

has anyone here applied for a CSQ?
my acas says `in process` but i havent received my csq yet, i guess they have to wait for me to send that document to them so they can finalize my application, right?
how long does the `in process`stage usually takes? cause i noticed in the time line some ppl got the `in process`after the passport request. and just a few days after the `in process` they got their visas...
this is all so confusing sometimes... i was hopping to get my visa by christmas, but i dont know... the wait is terrible!
other than that, do they always ask for your passport or just sometimes?
thanks! have a good night all !
Hey Luk.
I haven't applied for CSQ once I'm not going to Quebec, but some people at this thread had and maybe they're able to help you.
As far as I concern you have to send your CSQ to CIC as soon as you receive it. Send them a scanned copy by e-mail to both offices. Here is the contact information for Mississauga and Sao Paulo's offices:

Case Processing Center Mississauga: CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp
Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Consulado-Geral do Canadá em São Paulo
Av. das Nações Unidas, 12901 - 16º andar, Torre Norte
04578-000 - São Paulo, SP - Brasil
Telefone, fax, correio eletrônico:
Vistos e Imigração:
Telephone: (55 11) 5509-4343
Fax: (55 11) 5509-4262
E-mail: spalo-immigration@international.gc.ca

For what I have seen so far, first they requested the passport and only after it would change to "In Process" on their website, but since the strike ended I've heard a few cases also from Sao Paulo happening in the same order as yours.
It's hard to precise how long it will take because it is different for each case. In my case it took about a week after PPR.

If your case is already "In process" I am pretty certain you'll have your visa before Christmas, and yes, they always request your passport to issue your visa unless they request an interview first.

I don't know when you did apply but sounds like your visa will come soon. Hang in there!

luk

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
march, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2014
hi, nanediniz!

Thank you so much for your feedback!
i hope the vo sp moves faster now since the strike is over.. and also, i find it weird how they put 14 months processing time, and they ask for you only to contact them if its been more than 14 months, and from what ive seen here it takes a lot less time.

thank God i found this forum, all the info here is sooo helpful, cant thank you guys enough.

i see you will be landing in canada soon! congrats and all the best to you!

jkhrvy

Oct 3, 2013
Hi All,
My Brazilian husband and I had planned on applying inland (he's here on a visitor's visa) so that he could start working sooner (after 11months with OWP) instead of waiting a full 15 months (27 days but 14 as shown on the Sao Paulo office) but now I have stumbled across this thread and just curious about the actual time line in Sao Paulo. Does it seem to be taking on average less time than shown on the CIC website?

luk

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
march, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2014
got my CSQ today!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
jkhrvy said:
Hi All,
My Brazilian husband and I had planned on applying inland (he's here on a visitor's visa) so that he could start working sooner (after 11months with OWP) instead of waiting a full 15 months (27 days but 14 as shown on the Sao Paulo office) but now I have stumbled across this thread and just curious about the actual time line in Sao Paulo. Does it seem to be taking on average less time than shown on the CIC website?

My application toke exact 8 months. A friend of mine had her PR with 9 months, another one toke 11 months.
I just heard of another one who applied in August and just got passport request this week.
The strike made processing times longer but now that it's over it seems to be going faster, but it can be different in each case, depending for instance if you forgot to send a document, or medicals expired etc.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
luk said:
got my CSQ today!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congratulations luk!!!!
Yes, I'll be leaving Brazil after tomorrow. Thank you for your kind wishes ;)

jkhrvy

Oct 3, 2013
nanediniz said:
My application toke exact 8 months. A friend of mine had her PR with 9 months, another one toke 11 months.
I just heard of another one who applied in August and just got passport request this week.
The strike made processing times longer but now that it's over it seems to be going faster, but it can be different in each case, depending for instance if you forgot to send a document, or medicals expired etc.
Thanks nanediniz for the reply. WOW 8 months! That's wonderful

Now I'm second guessing what we should do..... We have almost finished our entire application for INLAND, but the processing time is so long now!!! My husband hasn't done his medical (nor has his non-accompanying dependent who is in Brazil) as we didn't want them to expire. Any hints on apps through Sao Paulo?

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
jkhrvy said:
Thanks nanediniz for the reply. WOW 8 months! That's wonderful

Now I'm second guessing what we should do..... We have almost finished our entire application for INLAND, but the processing time is so long now!!! My husband hasn't done his medical (nor has his non-accompanying dependent who is in Brazil) as we didn't want them to expire. Any hints on apps through Sao Paulo?
Oh, to me 8 months felt like an eternity! I was expecting a process no longer than 6 months and my husband and I are apart so you can imagine how stressful it was for us.

I am not an expert on the subject but the option for inland or out land depends on what is most important to you... As you know, inland is very long but allows the applicant to send an OWP (open work permit) with the application, which comes with the 1st stage of assessment (sponsor's approval) in about 10 months.
The Pro's: your loved one can stay during the whole process in Canada with you and work after he receives the work permit if he applies for one. (he can stay with you if he holds a valid visa off course)
Con's: He should not leave Canada during the whole processing time (the application can be canceled); It takes much longer than inland; You won't have right of appeal in case of refusal;

Applying as Out Land, your husband can also stay with you in Canada if he is a holder of a valid Canadian visa; He won't be able to work (unless his current visa is a work visa); processing times are much shorter; You'll have right of appeal; In case an interview is required is necessary to attend in Brazil.

I'm a little tired right now and I am trying to think if I'm not forgetting anything. I'll might.
You might want to take a look at other threads in this forum. A lot has been said on this subject.

About the medicals, do them on the last time as possible before applying as well as the police certificates.

I hope I was helpful :)

Good Luck!

luk

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
march, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2014
Good morning guys,

I agree, i believe outland is always the best option.

When during the process they ask for an interview? And if its waived they let you know by email? Is it always in brazil? I was hopping to get a passport request this month or so ..
Nanediniz, one more day for you!!!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
luk said:
Good morning guys,

I agree, i believe outland is always the best option.

When during the process they ask for an interview? And if its waived they let you know by email? Is it always in brazil? I was hopping to get a passport request this month or so ..
Nanediniz, one more day for you!!!
Interview, when required, is the last thing asked before passport request but both can happen all together. As far as I know, when applied outland it is in Sao Paulo - Brazil.
A friend of mine April applicant got passport request today, I'm sure yours is very close to happen as well.
Yes, I'll be leaving tomorrow! I can't believe it!!!

luk

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
march, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2014
hi nanediniz,

do you know for how long your friend has his/her `in process` before the passport request?

omg this wait is a killer!! i still gotta wait for my csq to get to the visa office. ??? ??? ??? ???

hope it comes sooner than later to may applicants!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
luk said:
hi nanediniz,

do you know for how long your friend has his/her `in process` before the passport request?

omg this wait is a killer!! i still gotta wait for my csq to get to the visa office. ??? ??? ??? ???

hope it comes sooner than later to may applicants!
He got "In Process" on October 18th and Passport request occurred today! :eek:

luk

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
march, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2014
OMG THATS FAAAAST!!!!

have a safe trip tomorrow. all the best to you and ur husband!!

and dont forget to check on your fellas that are still hanging here!!!

let us know how everything went at the airport at immigration and stuff!

have a great night

Canadianladyinsp

Jul 29, 2013
São Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Doc's Request.
05-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
I have good news! I think lol.. My husband received an email yesterday stating that "our application has been processed to the stage where med exams are now required."
So he made the a appointment for next week.

We didn't receive an AOR from the São Paulo office, which I was kind of nervous about, but since we got this, now it know they received it!

I'm really hoping this means they've reviewed our application and just need to know he's healthy now! Haha, maybe not though. It looks like most people on the spreadsheet had their meds done in advance (which wasn't possible for us) so I can't estimate the timeline. But oh well! I'm happy. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

luk

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
march, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2014
Canadianladyinsp said:
I have good news! I think lol.. My husband received an email yesterday stating that "our application has been processed to the stage where med exams are now required."
So he made the a appointment for next week.

We didn't receive an AOR from the São Paulo office, which I was kind of nervous about, but since we got this, now it know they received it!

I'm really hoping this means they've reviewed our application and just need to know he's healthy now! Haha, maybe not though. It looks like most people on the spreadsheet had their meds done in advance (which wasn't possible for us) so I can't estimate the timeline. But oh well! I'm happy. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Hi Canadianladyinsp!

you are a september applicant, right?

no worries, this means its moving super fast!

lets hope they keep up with the good work!

have a good day!