Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
Soooo we just sent the application today:):).. I think paying was the most stressful part: my husbands visa wouldn't work, there was a 500$ charge for a bank draft, so we ended up using a friends canadian credit card, and it finally worked!! Phewf.
The mail place said it would take 4-8 business days for it to arrive, so now we just wait! Does anyone know if they email you once they've received the application?
I'm definitely relieved that it's sent!! Braziliangirl, How can I add myself to the spreadsheet?
Thanks ;D

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Canadianladyinsp said:
Soooo we just sent the application today:):).. I think paying was the most stressful part: my husbands visa wouldn't work, there was a 500$ charge for a bank draft, so we ended up using a friends canadian credit card, and it finally worked!! Phewf.
The mail place said it would take 4-8 business days for it to arrive, so now we just wait! Does anyone know if they email you once they've received the application?
I'm definitely relieved that it's sent!! Braziliangirl, How can I add myself to the spreadsheet?
Thanks ;D
Congrats!!!
I hope things go really fast for you guys!
I've just add you to our spreadsheet. If any change happens, let me know and I'll add it there. ;)
Sometimes they sent you a letter or an email saying they've received it, but not always.
Good luck!

Canadianladyinsp

Jul 29, 2013
São Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Doc's Request.
05-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
thanks BrazilianGirl!! :) I will let you know when we hear something more..

maybe a stupid question... but what does AOR stand for? ??? Ive seen it on the spreadsheet and in other places on the forum, but really don't know what it stands for or what it means (maybe stage 1 approval?)

Thanks!

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Canadianladyinsp said:
thanks BrazilianGirl!! :) I will let you know when we hear something more..

maybe a stupid question... but what does AOR stand for? ??? Ive seen it on the spreadsheet and in other places on the forum, but really don't know what it stands for or what it means (maybe stage 1 approval?)

Thanks!
You're welcome!
And there's not such a thing like a stupid question. AOR - Acknowledgement Of Receipt. So, you may or may not receive one now, but you will for sure receive one once the Sponsorship Approval is done. I didn't get an AOR when my application got to Mississauga, but some girls did. Although, my fiance got one when he was approved. And there's one more, when the application gets in SP. I haven't gotten that one either.
I believe sponsorship are being quickly processed, so soon you'll have a UCI - Unique Client Identification, and with it you'll be able to check your status, even if it does change very often (not to say never...).
Hopefully strike will be over very soon and every application will be approved fast! ;D

emmy_alex

Sep 8, 2013
Hey guys,

I am so sorry If I am not in the right place. I haven't started the sponsorship process yet. My boyfriend and I are so overwhelmed with everything. We read all the guides and forms, but it's all so confusing.
So I have an incredibly stupid question but every time I look into it I just get more confused. My boyfriend is Canadian from Quebec. We have been together for over two years (of these 2 years I spent 4 months away in Brazil). We have been living together now for over an year and we would like to start the sponsorship process as common-law (we are not religious, my family lives in Brazil so we have no plans to actually marry any time soon, but we live and act as if married. we plan our finances and our future together and we've been supporting each other through everything in these two years).

I came to Canada as a French student, then came back as a college student for a year, and now I am here as a temporary resident with a post graduation work permit that is valid for another year, and we hope that for this time that I am working here, we can either finish the sponsorship process (if done from outside Canada) or finish the first part (if done inside Canada), so that I can keep working without interruption (we are able to leave on just his salary, but everything is much better if I am able to help too).

So after all of that, my first stupid question is (If I am in the right place, of course). Is it really possible for me to apply outside Canada, without having to leave the country? I do not want to lose my job or go back to Brazil for now. We already spent 4 months apart and I am not ready to do it again.

Reading the guides online it seems that on the Canada immigration website they suggest that the SPONSORED person can apply from outside to take advantage of a faster processing time. But I wasn't sure what that meant since they say the sponsored person. Is it because the part of the process related to the Sponsor, it's always processed in the same way, or am I tripping?

Sorry again to bother you guys. We are just so overwhelmed and scared with everything. We want to do everything properly and In the way that will stress us the least!
Thank You!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
emmy_alex said:
Hey guys,

I am so sorry If I am not in the right place. I haven't started the sponsorship process yet. My boyfriend and I are so overwhelmed with everything. We read all the guides and forms, but it's all so confusing.
So I have an incredibly stupid question but every time I look into it I just get more confused. My boyfriend is Canadian from Quebec. We have been together for over two years (of these 2 years I spent 4 months away in Brazil). We have been living together now for over an year and we would like to start the sponsorship process as common-law (we are not religious, my family lives in Brazil so we have no plans to actually marry any time soon, but we live and act as if married. we plan our finances and our future together and we've been supporting each other through everything in these two years).

I came to Canada as a French student, then came back as a college student for a year, and now I am here as a temporary resident with a post graduation work permit that is valid for another year, and we hope that for this time that I am working here, we can either finish the sponsorship process (if done from outside Canada) or finish the first part (if done inside Canada), so that I can keep working without interruption (we are able to leave on just his salary, but everything is much better if I am able to help too).

So after all of that, my first stupid question is (If I am in the right place, of course). Is it really possible for me to apply outside Canada, without having to leave the country? I do not want to lose my job or go back to Brazil for now. We already spent 4 months apart and I am not ready to do it again.

Reading the guides online it seems that on the Canada immigration website they suggest that the SPONSORED person can apply from outside to take advantage of a faster processing time. But I wasn't sure what that meant since they say the sponsored person. Is it because the part of the process related to the Sponsor, it's always processed in the same way, or am I tripping?

Sorry again to bother you guys. We are just so overwhelmed and scared with everything. We want to do everything properly and In the way that will stress us the least!
Thank You!
Hey Emmy, welcome to our thread!

You are in the right place yes, specially if you're applying through Sao Paulo Visa office.
In terms of Sponsorship Application there is no stupid question. The whole thing is pretty challenging and confusing even if you read it a 1000 times.
You don't have to live abroad to apply outland. The only thing that can make you leave Canada in case of applying outland is if CIC requires an interview, you should have to attend in Sao Paulo and you should consider this a real possibility, once you'll be applying as common-law. Common law relationships are harder to prove than marriage, so you can expect more scrutiny from CIC.
Feel free to ask questions, specially before you apply when we feel more insecure than ever.
I hope this was helpful :).
Once you apply, please provide us your timeline so that BrazilianGirl can add you to our spreadsheet.
You can check Sao Paulo Applicant's timelines on our spreadsheet It's link is below my signature.
Good Luck ;D

emmy_alex

Sep 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind reply Nane!

Has anyone here done it a common law process? I am a bit scared of that, and I am not sure if our proofs would be enough. We are not the kind of couple that loves taking pictures together and all, but we have all the people around us as proof of our relationship. Some pictures, but not many, over the years of course, phone records or Skype with daily calls to each other over these 2 years.

The thing is, we have lived over the same roof as "married" couple, but it was in his mother's house. She is handicap and she needed our help. We had our own bedroom and living room because we lived in the basement, but it was still her house. I love her like a mom and we had to be there for her while she was having her knees replaced. Now that she is fine to live by herself, we just moved out to our own place last week. Do you guys think that is a problem and that is bad for out process?

Other than that we support each other emotionally and financially. We plan everything together. I manage our savings, as we have a savings joint account that help us build our lives together, he has been a co-signer on my rent lease when I used to leave by myself in Montreal, after that we've been living together at his mom's place. I've been helping him though the rough times he has with a bad thyroid disease that he has been struggling for years. We've been together though unemployment, disease, distance, visas waits, going back to school, and now we finally have our life together, our place and we feel so happy! We just really don't want to get married right now because as I said we have no religious background so we do not see the point at this moment. Do you think we have a chance, or it's not a good idea going as common-law?

Thank you again!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
emmy_alex said:

Has anyone here done it a common law process? I am a bit scared of that, and I am not sure if our proofs would be enough. We are not the kind of couple that loves taking pictures together and all, but we have all the people around us as proof of our relationship. Some pictures, but not many, over the years of course, phone records or Skype with daily calls to each other over these 2 years.

The thing is, we have lived over the same roof as "married" couple, but it was in his mother's house. She is handicap and she needed our help. We had our own bedroom and living room because we lived in the basement, but it was still her house. I love her like a mom and we had to be there for her while she was having her knees replaced. Now that she is fine to live by herself, we just moved out to our own place last week. Do you guys think that is a problem and that is bad for out process?

Other than that we support each other emotionally and financially. We plan everything together. I manage our savings, as we have a savings joint account that help us build our lives together, he has been a co-signer on my rent lease when I used to leave by myself in Montreal, after that we've been living together at his mom's place. I've been helping him though the rough times he has with a bad thyroid disease that he has been struggling for years. We've been together though unemployment, disease, distance, visas waits, going back to school, and now we finally have our life together, our place and we feel so happy! We just really don't want to get married right now because as I said we have no religious background so we do not see the point at this moment. Do you think we have a chance, or it's not a good idea going as common-law?

Thank you again!
You're welcome Emmy.
I am not very experienced in the sponsorship process, but I've done my research before and during applying. I am sure many senior members will be able to give you a better answer about this, but what I understand is that you have to look at your process with the eyes of the Visa Officer. He will look at your situation and probably question that, if it was possible for you to get married, why didn't you do so? Once you guys live together, I see the lack of religious background not as a so strong argument for not getting married. The valid piece of paper for them is the marriage certificate, which doesn't have to be religious if you had a civil ceremony.
BrazilianGirl here is applying as common law, maybe she can give you some insight on the issue.
I also reccomend you post a query on this thread here, where Senior members participate actively (ComputerGeek, Leon, CanadianJeepGuy etc): http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.11010.html

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
emmy_alex said:

Thank you again!
The visa office doesn't care if you are married or common-law... As long as you can prove that you have lived together for 12 months you should be fine.
Do you have mail that is sent to you both at the same address??
Do you have a joint bank account?
Are you added as a beneficiary on any insurance your partner may have
Chances are if you have the proof that you have lived together for at least a year you won't have to have an interview
Good luck

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,
nice to hear that some one at last from brasil started a thread.
well in short my story , From India wife brasilian living in rio.

Time line = Got a Lmo ,job offer in october 2012.Regina Sk.
Application march 2013. Through representative.
August 24 Medical Request.
Sepetember 3 .Request From CIC For new lmo & job offer Letter ,cus they said the old one is expired.

hoping to get a new lmo.soon As possible.

Any questions or help regardingly ,will Be Most welcome to answer one.

Best of Luck. ;)

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Hey Ajay93. Welcome!

I think you are the first one of our thread who's not applying for spouse sponsorship (in Family Class), so I guess timelines will be totally different.
So If I got it right, you are going from India to Canada in a work application and your wife will accompany you?
Are you both in Rio right now?

I am not sure how this can be put in the spreadsheet, but I guess our Super BrazilianGirl will maybe figure out a way...

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Hello emmy_alex! Welcome to our group.
As Nanediniz said, I applied as commom-law. I've sent a whole bunch of pictures of us and the kids in every season. Also, I have a Driver's License with the same address as his, which was over 12 months old when we applied. Also, he got working papers saying we been commom-laws because we've been living together for so many months. Usually a joint bank account is very positive too.
I believe you guys are going to be just fine! ;)

Welcome to our group Ajay93!
We basically talk about Family Class things here, and from what I understand you have applied under Working Class, but we can always try to help each other, and together, find some answers for whatever problem we encounter, right?

Cheers!

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nanediniz & Braziliangirl,

Yes I dont come into family category.My category is work permit & Later on OPW for my wife.
At present iam in rio. How about you people ?
My Application center is Sao Paulo .I will be going to canada from Brasil.
I just got intrested in your blog ,cus there r hardly any brasilians in this forum .
So may be could be of any help incase.
Thanks for the replies. :) :) :)

Morrigan

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17 2013
AOR Received.
August 30 2013
File Transfer...
September 12 2013
Med's Done....
July 29 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 28
VISA ISSUED...
November 05
LANDED..........
Sometime in February/2014
;D ;D ;D
Hey guys
Got my sponsor approved today!!!!!! So happy! :) Now the LOOONG wait starts... :)

Canadianladyinsp

Jul 29, 2013
São Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Doc's Request.
05-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
Congrats Morrigan!! ;D how long did yours take?

Apparently our packaged arrived at the Mississauga office on Thursday:) haven't heard from CIC yet.. but it's a little bit exciting.. heh

I know there are other posts about this elsewhere on the forum, but wondering if any of you guys know about the strike, and if there's any expected end date?! the sooner the better for us obviously hah :p

thanks!