+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample of "Letter of Intent" for OOPNP

aliqureshi143

Sep 8, 2015
Hi,

I have received a PT Notification and am going to apply for OOPNP

I do not possess any of the ties mentioned in the list below, but i do have a couple of friends in ONTARIO, Can you please provide me a sample on how to write a letter of intent in my case, this will be very helpful as it is the only thing left in my application. Secondly do we have to write it on a separate sheet of paper and include it in the application package or should this be written on the application form.

Looking forward for a reply soon, thanks

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
aliqureshi143 said:
Hi,

I have received a PT Notification and am going to apply for OOPNP

I do not possess any of the ties mentioned in the list below, but i do have a couple of friends in ONTARIO, Can you please provide me a sample on how to write a letter of intent in my case, this will be very helpful as it is the only thing left in my application. Secondly do we have to write it on a separate sheet of paper and include it in the application package or should this be written on the application form.

Looking forward for a reply soon, thanks

you can mention the people who are your friends in Ontario as your social ties. you can the mention it as .."I have no relatives in Canada, I'd prefer to stay close to people I know". (Edit accordlingly)

me2canada

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
1112 Financial Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12 March 2016
Med's Done....
passed 15 March
Passport Req..
07-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting :)
LANDED..........
waiting :)
Hi I thought my statement of intent could be useful for some. I do not have any ties to Ontario. I have applied and received AOR from Ontario. For people with no ties.. its best to emphasise on career opportunities.
Please do not copy it word to word. This is in no way a complete or perfect letter. Use it as a template to get your ideas flowing.

Statement of Intent to Reside In Ontario

I am interested in applying for Canada Permanent Residence and through this letter I would like to confirm my intention to reside in Ontario.

I am a graduate in Management Studies and have also completed my Masters in Management Studies with specialization in Finance from the prestigious University of XYZ. I started my career as Financial Analyst with one of the Big firms and it has been more than XXX years I am with the company.

I have been actively looking for employment in Ontario. I have applied for the position of Financial Analyst in XYZ, ABC companies.. I am very positive that there is a demand for my profile as I see that the.......... (explain what qualities you have that would match the job openings.

(Google and write a bit about the opportunities and growth prospects in your sector in Ontario)

I feel that Ontario is the province that suits my aptitude really well and I hope my qualifications and experience would help to fulfil the requirements
there.

(Write how Ontario is a good place to settle down and the best place for your career and family life)

I have also enclosed my Resume in the application package. I appreciate your interest in considering me for Nomination and I am looking forward to moving to Ontario soon. Thank you.

aarchiebhatia111

Oct 28, 2015
i Guys,
That was great help, I have received nomination from Ontario, in prep phase to send papers.
But I m not really sure that do we have to prove any tie/ arrange job/ write that will be staying in ontario for 2 yrs or so to just justification to the letter of intent..
Thanks

vencentdsouza

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Mumbai - India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
4112 / 6221
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIC 07-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
OINP - 29-11-2016
AOR Received.
CIC 08-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
DONE 05-11-2016 UPLOADED 09-11-2016 PASSED 17-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AWAITED
VISA ISSUED...
AWAITED
LANDED..........
AWAITED
Hello,

I have received a PT Notification and in the process of applying (Ontario).

My profession falls under NOC 4112 and requires a licensing to be done.

Can anybody help in the below aspects who has gone through the same or similar situation where their profession requires a licensing in Ontario.
How to draft a letter of Intent ?
Whether or not to mention the intent to pursue a licensing program ?
As i have no ties to Ontario, what should be stated ?
My spouse works under the NOC 6221 listed in the Website. Should i mention his intent also as he would not require any kind of licensing.

Your help and support will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

CRS: 434

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
I had no ties with OINP, and I just wrote a 350 word essay on why I wanted to move to Ontario. I think it was pretty bad, but I mean, I got nominated, so I guess they liked it?
The point here is, there is no actual format. The intent of this letter is:

* Demonstrate any pre-existing ties with the province to clearly establish your intent to follow up on said ties and live in Ontario
* In the absence of those ties, demonstrate a willingness/enthusiasm/intent to live in Ontario

You could always go for a more formal format, as has been provided in the thread already- that is probably the safest way to go. On the other hand, you could write an essay, an anecdote, anything, as long as you remember to do the primary job- which is, establishing an intent to reside in Ontario.

Good luck!

Reactions: DPT

celias

Oct 15, 2015
Thank you for sharing. I will use it as an example to help me writing mine.

alya2905 said:
Hi everyone,
I have recently received PT notification for OOPNP and this is how I wrote my 'Letter of Intent". can you guys please share your view on it.

Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program
400 University Avenue, Ground Floor
Toronto ON M7A 2R9

Subject : Letter of Intent to reside in Ontario

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Through this letter, I would like to confirm my intention to reside in Ontario.

At the time of submission, I am 29 years old unmarried female. I am well educated, with more than 17 years of full-time education. I currently hold one Bachelor's degree, one Master's Degree and one Post Graduate Diploma degree. In the past ten years, I have more than 5 years of full-time work experience in occupations described under Skill '0' and 'A' of the National Occupational Classifications 0411, 0911 and 2112.

My reading, writing, speaking and listening abilities in English are excellent, as I have been using English on a daily basis at work. The same can be reflected from my IELTS result.

The province of Ontario is an economic hub with all types of industries including Pharmaceuticals and Food processing industries. Based on National Occupational Classification codes mentioned above, my qualifications, my work experiences and my language abilities, I am confident in getting a job that suits my profile.

As I am planning to immigrate to a new place, my language skills will play a vital role in establishing social connections within the community. It will not only help me professionally, but also help me to settle down and to be accepted in a community having such cultural diversity.

Moreover, my social ties are very strong in Ontario which will also help me in connecting within the minority community as well. My aunt, Mrs. XXXX (my mother's real sister) is a Canadian Citizen and is residing in Ontario since 1985 with her family. Their presence will make it more easier for me to adapt the culture and lifestyle that the province provides.

Documentation

The documents are arranged in the same order as listed in the check list. I am providing the following documents to prove blood relation:
1. MY mother's and my aunt's birth certificate.
2. My aunt's bank statement and Permanent Resident document.

I look forward to your expedient processing of my application. Should any questions arise about anything, please do not hesitate to contact me at the co-ordinates listed in the application.

Sincerely,

celias

Oct 15, 2015
Great! Good to know that you got the nomination. Thank you for sharing.

Aragorn165 said:
I had no ties with OINP, and I just wrote a 350 word essay on why I wanted to move to Ontario. I think it was pretty bad, but I mean, I got nominated, so I guess they liked it?
The point here is, there is no actual format. The intent of this letter is:

* Demonstrate any pre-existing ties with the province to clearly establish your intent to follow up on said ties and live in Ontario
* In the absence of those ties, demonstrate a willingness/enthusiasm/intent to live in Ontario

You could always go for a more formal format, as has been provided in the thread already- that is probably the safest way to go. On the other hand, you could write an essay, an anecdote, anything, as long as you remember to do the primary job- which is, establishing an intent to reside in Ontario.

Good luck!

patelyash90

Jan 12, 2016
Toronto Ontario M7A 2R9

INTENT TO RESIDE IN ONTARIO

Dear Sir / Madam

This letter is to confirm my intention to reside in the Province of Ontario permanently.

Since my first entry in Canada in 2008, I have been living in Ontario; discovering, learning and adapting to the culture and traditions of Ontario.

I completed my Bachelors of Commerce – International Business from Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning in Toronto, Ontario. During my years in college I was an active participant of the Humber College Orientation Volunteer Team and was also involved in a Volunteer committee of fund raising and spreading awareness for a non-profit World University Service of Canada (WUSC) based in Ottawa, Ontario. I also volunteered part-time in the Urgent Care Centre at the Queensway Health Centre of the Trillium Health Partners.

In the years after my graduation, I had been working with Tim Hortons since ____ to ____, where I have made a considerable amount of professional contacts and friends. While working there in the food service industry I have also successfully passed my food handler certification course (License no. <<<<<<<<) valid till May 2019 issues by the City of Toronto. Currently I also hold an Ontario Driver’s Licence which was first issued in August 2010.

Moreover, my social ties are very strong in Ontario which will help me in connecting with the community as well as my grand aunt Mrs. XYZ, with whom I currently living, and a grand uncle XYZ both (my grandmother’s siblings) living Mississauga are Canadian Citizens who have been here for more than 30 years and there to support me if needed at any time.

I look forward for your quick response and should you have more questions please feel free to contact me. I would also like to thank you in advance for taking the time and considering my application.

Yours sincerely

sk8

May 17, 2016
Hi,

I was wondering if you got the Invite, could you please help me with application procedure.

Regards,
Neeru
email - s8kadian at gmail

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
sk8 said:
Hi,

I was wondering if you got the Invite, could you please help me with application procedure.

Regards,
Neeru
email - s8kadian at gmail
did you get PT for OINP ?

Also, what help do you need regarding OINP application filling ?

saraswift

May 28, 2016
Hello guys,

I am a recent graduate of a top ranked law school from columbia specializing in immigration. I have recently created many documents for canada and can assist in creating any immigration documents such as
Expression of interest
Detailed settlement plan
Resume /CV
Letter of Reference for Employment
Letter of recommendations

you can find me on fiverr.com with the un saraswift882

Jun 30, 2015
alya2905 said:
Hi everyone,
I have recently received PT notification for OOPNP and this is how I wrote my 'Letter of Intent". can you guys please share your view on it.

Toronto ON M7A 2R9

Subject : Letter of Intent to reside in Ontario

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Through this letter, I would like to confirm my intention to reside in Ontario.

At the time of submission, I am 29 years old unmarried female. I am well educated, with more than 17 years of full-time education. I currently hold one Bachelor's degree, one Master's Degree and one Post Graduate Diploma degree. In the past ten years, I have more than 5 years of full-time work experience in occupations described under Skill '0' and 'A' of the National Occupational Classifications 0411, 0911 and 2112.

My reading, writing, speaking and listening abilities in English are excellent, as I have been using English on a daily basis at work. The same can be reflected from my IELTS result.

The province of Ontario is an economic hub with all types of industries including Pharmaceuticals and Food processing industries. Based on National Occupational Classification codes mentioned above, my qualifications, my work experiences and my language abilities, I am confident in getting a job that suits my profile.

As I am planning to immigrate to a new place, my language skills will play a vital role in establishing social connections within the community. It will not only help me professionally, but also help me to settle down and to be accepted in a community having such cultural diversity.

Moreover, my social ties are very strong in Ontario which will also help me in connecting within the minority community as well. My aunt, Mrs. XXXX (my mother's real sister) is a Canadian Citizen and is residing in Ontario since 1985 with her family. Their presence will make it more easier for me to adapt the culture and lifestyle that the province provides.

Documentation

The documents are arranged in the same order as listed in the check list. I am providing the following documents to prove blood relation:
1. MY mother's and my aunt's birth certificate.
2. My aunt's bank statement and Permanent Resident document.

I look forward to your expedient processing of my application. Should any questions arise about anything, please do not hesitate to contact me at the co-ordinates listed in the application.

Sincerely,
Hi, I think the letter is very well written, hope you have progressed much with it...

I have a bit of a confusion regarding ECA, I have similar qualifications, one BSC and one MSc and one Masters in Marketing Management (MMM) , my question is would I get extra points for submitting my transcript and other docs for the MMM or is it ok just to send BSc and MSc... reason I ask it that I havent been able to get the transcripts for the MMM as yet and have already sent the docs for the other two degrees to WES. Pls share your thoughts...

AbdulMajid

Jan 28, 2016
chinmay phadke said:
Sample Letter of Intent

INTENTION TO RESIDE IN ONTARIO

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please find below reasons and attached proofs for evidence of my ties to Ontario.

1)Employment in Ontario
I am currently working at client location through <company name> in downtown Toronto,Ontario.
My work location address:
Toronto
ON,Canada

2)Lease Agreement:
I am currently staying at #****** Toronto,Ontario since last one year. Please find the attached lease agreement for the same.
My Previous home addresses in Toronto,Ontario are below.
#******,Toronto,,ON,Canada
#****** Toronto, ON Canada

3)Residential Ties -Please find attached documents for below items.
1)Driving license Issued by government of Ontario.
2)Bank/Credit card accounts with <Bank name> Toronto Ontario.
3)Health Card Issued by government of Ontario

4)Professional Networks / Affiliations
Volunteered for ******

5)Social Connections/Personal Relationships
During my work experience in Toronto Canada, I was fortunate to interact with a variety of people who were at different positions within the same department as well as people from different departments. Please see below contacts of my best friends and colleagues who already settled in Ontario.
HI.
Sorry if i am disturbing you by posting my question after more than a year of this post, i have a quick question, place where i am living is on my room mate's name so he is actually the lease holder. however, I am just living with him as a room mate. and i do not have my name on the residence list. I was wondering if the lease agreement document is critical for ontario pnp masters graduate stream.

i have all my statements etc coming on this address. some one told me that should be enough to provide the residential proof. but still bit worried about it.
please reply some one
thanks

AbdulMajid

Jan 28, 2016
hi.
i hope everyone is doing fine. i am a silent observer of the page :) i was wondering when is opnp opening again. also that what is required to add to provide the proof of residence in ontario.

is it mendatory to show the lease agreement.
OR
is it enough to show the bank statements , credit card bills and phone bills instead of lease agreement/tenance agreement.

thanks