Sample LOE format

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I know many were asking for a sample format for the LOE so I thought I should upload mine. Here is a format of LOE that we attached with our application. We wanted to address POF points so the letter is geared to address that. It might not be much helpful but I thought this could give you an idea/start. Thanks and best wishes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 00/00/0000

To,

The Immigration Officer,

IRCC, Government of Canada,

Canada.

Subject: Letter of explanation for Express Entry-FSW application (Application no.)

Dear Officer,

I want to thank you for the invitation to apply for the Permanent Residency received 1th May 2018 under the Express Entry-FSW stream. I have uploaded all the required documents on the CIC web portal. A detailed list of all the attached documents can be found in the Appendix I.

For our settlement in Canada, I will be bringing in $00000 CAD in settlement funds to support me and my accompanying spouse. I usually transfer my savings to my wife who then transfers our monthly savings from her bank account [bank name] into her savings account (bank name, account number:00000000). My spouse(name of spouse) is currently the sole account holder of the [Bank name] account. The ‘Proof of Means of Financial Support’ section in application includes all our bank details along with following documents:

· The last 6 months’ statements of her bank name Savings account,

· Bank account verification letter and,

· Screen shot of the account home page with full account number displayed.

· Letter signed by my wife stating no objection from her to use the funds from her account for our settlement in Canada.

Additionally, I have provided a detailed explanation (Table 1) and additional supporting documents (Appendix II) for all deposits in our salary accounts > USD$000.00 from last 6 months. This excludes our payroll deposits and the transactions that happened between me and my accompanying spouse. Recently, I closed two of my credit card accounts and have attached the account closing letters below (Appendix II). Me and my wife solemnly declare that we have not borrowed any money for our settlement in Canada and all the deposits in our accounts come from our payroll/savings.

Sincerely,

[Primary Applicant] [accompanying spouse]
+1-000-000-0000 +1-000-000-0000
xyz@gmail.com xyz@gmail.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------The forum would not let me post a pic so I have mentioned all the columns from our table. We thought table format was much easier to read than paragraphs.
Columns as below:--------------------

Table 1: Summary of deposits > $000 in our salary accounts

(Bank Name)

(Account holder's name)

(Account number)

(Transaction date (dd/mm))

(Page No.from Proof of Financial Means document)

(Description as on Statement)

(Transaction Amount (USD)) : USD$000.00

(Source of Funds): [explain in short]

(Additional Supporting Documents (Appendix II)): Bulleted list of supporting documents you want to attach

(Additional information about the transaction): [Explain in detail]

-------------------------The following list will be different for everyone. This is just a sample ------------------------

APPENDIX I: DOCUMENTS ATTACHED WITH MAIN APPLICATION

Primary Applicant – [Applicants name]

A) Passport/Travel Documents

1) Passport​

2) Valid Visa from old passport​

B) Marriage License/Certificate

1) Marriage Certificate​

C) Police Certificate: USA

1) FBI PCC from USA​

D) Police Certificate: India

1) Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Embassy at [city name], USA​

2) Police clearance certificate stamp from the passport​

E) Proof of Medical Exam

1) E-Medical Receipt (Form)​

F) Education (Diplomas/Records)

1) IELTS Report​

2) WES Report​

3) Degree Certificate – MS [Degree]​

4) Official Transcripts – MS [Degree]​

5) Degree Certificate – B.E. [Degree]​

6) Official Transcripts – B.E. [Degree]​

G) Employment Records

1) Official Employment letter from Employer​

2) Last 6 months paystubs​

H) Proof of Means of financial Support

1) No objection Certificate from [spouse name] for the use of Funds from her account​

[applicant name] Bank Details

2) [Bank name] – Account Summary Letter​

3) [Bank name]- Last 6 months bank statements.​

4) [Bank name]- Screen shot of Account Home page​

5) [Bank name] - Account Summary Letter​

6) [Bank name] - Last 6 months bank statements.​

[spouse name] Bank Details

7) [Bank name]- Account Summary Letter​

8) [Bank name]- Account Summary Letter​

9) [Bank name]- Last 6 months bank statements.​

10) [Bank name]– Account Summary Letter​

11) [Bank name]- Last 6 months bank statements.​

I) Digital Photo

1) Digital Photo for [applicant name]​

Supporting Documents – [Accompanying spouse name](Accompanying spouse)

A) Police Certificate USA

1) FBI PCC from USA​

B) Police Certificate: INDIA

1) Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Embassy at [city name], USA​

2) Police clearance certificate stamp from the passport​

C) Passport/Travel Documents

1) Passport​

2) Valid Visa from old passport​

D) Proof of Medical Exam

1) E-Medical Receipt (Form)​

E) Education (diplomas/degrees)

1) IELTS Report​

2) WES Report​

3) Degree Certificate – MS [Degree]

4) Official Transcripts – MS [Degree]

5) Degree Certificate – B.E. [Degree]

6) Official Transcripts – B.E. [Degree]​

F) Employment Records

1) Official Employment letter from Employer​

2) Last 6 months paystubs​

G) Digital Photo

1) Digital Photo for [spouse name]​

------------In Appendix II we attached the documents that we had mentioned in the table and other documents we felt will strengthen our case-------------

APPENDIX II: ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (Attached below)

A) [Document 1]

B) [Document 2]

C) [Document 3]

D) [Document 4]

Well this looks very thoughtful of you to share this format. However, I have to disagree on the level of explanation this LOE have already provided, you see IRCC officers dont have all day long to spend on processing one application in their day and hence they go over documents as fast as they can , given they are simple and straight forward and by writing all this details you are going to do one of two things: 1- you will make them skip it all together and just go through the required files (remember they are under no obligation to check LOE , its not mandatory documents) which negate the whole point of making an LOE at the first place. 2- you could end up being flagged RR by the CSA since usually LOE are meant to be simple and explain one or two aspects on the file and by doing all of this, it will essentially require a second review by another dude, which also negate the purpose of using LOE on the first place.

This goes out to anyone planning to use an LOE , MAKE IT SIMPLE , IF YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN IT INTO NO MORE THAN 2 PAGES , DONT EVEN BATHER YOURSELF WITH IT.

AbMoed

Mar 6, 2019
I know many were asking for a sample format for the LOE so I thought I should upload mine. Here is a format of LOE that we attached with our application. We wanted to address POF points so the letter is geared to address that. It might not be much helpful but I thought this could give you an idea/start. Thanks and best wishes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 00/00/0000

To,

The Immigration Officer,

IRCC, Government of Canada,

Canada.

Subject: Letter of explanation for Express Entry-FSW application (Application no.)

Dear Officer,

I want to thank you for the invitation to apply for the Permanent Residency received 1th May 2018 under the Express Entry-FSW stream. I have uploaded all the required documents on the CIC web portal. A detailed list of all the attached documents can be found in the Appendix I.

For our settlement in Canada, I will be bringing in $00000 CAD in settlement funds to support me and my accompanying spouse. I usually transfer my savings to my wife who then transfers our monthly savings from her bank account [bank name] into her savings account (bank name, account number:00000000). My spouse(name of spouse) is currently the sole account holder of the [Bank name] account. The ‘Proof of Means of Financial Support’ section in application includes all our bank details along with following documents:

· The last 6 months’ statements of her bank name Savings account,

· Bank account verification letter and,

· Screen shot of the account home page with full account number displayed.

· Letter signed by my wife stating no objection from her to use the funds from her account for our settlement in Canada.

Additionally, I have provided a detailed explanation (Table 1) and additional supporting documents (Appendix II) for all deposits in our salary accounts > USD$000.00 from last 6 months. This excludes our payroll deposits and the transactions that happened between me and my accompanying spouse. Recently, I closed two of my credit card accounts and have attached the account closing letters below (Appendix II). Me and my wife solemnly declare that we have not borrowed any money for our settlement in Canada and all the deposits in our accounts come from our payroll/savings.
Great sample, thanks for your efforts. I just wanted to know about the reason you mentioned that "only my spouse have bank account and savings from both are counted in that account." it worked or not?

AbMoed

Mar 6, 2019
Well this looks very thoughtful of you to share this format. However, I have to disagree on the level of explanation this LOE have already provided, you see IRCC officers dont have all day long to spend on processing one application in their day and hence they go over documents as fast as they can ,

This goes out to anyone planning to use an LOE , MAKE IT SIMPLE , IF YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN IT INTO NO MORE THAN 2 PAGES , DONT EVEN BATHER YOURSELF WITH IT.
Can you please tell me what should I do in my case, I have bank account but my wife (primary applicant) does not have it. She is saving all her deposits in my bank account. how can i clarify?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Can you please tell me what should I do in my case, I have bank account but my wife (primary applicant) does not have it. She is saving all her deposits in my bank account. how can i clarify?
Best option to make it easier during R10 check and eligibility assessment is to open a joint bank account and transfer the funds over there and then in your LOE explain the situation and why you had to do it and also attach proof of transfer from old to new account and a statement of the old to the new one.

The rule behind this can be found on IRCC website , stating that its the responsibility of the primary applicant to show the funds and not the spouse , if both have to share it then a joint bank account under both of their names is also acceptable.

Reactions: AbMoed

AbMoed

Mar 6, 2019
Best option to make it easier during R10 check and eligibility assessment is to open a joint bank account and transfer the funds over there and then in your LOE explain the situation and why you had to do it and also attach proof of transfer from old to new account and a statement of the old to the new one.

The rule behind this can be found on IRCC website , stating that its the responsibility of the primary applicant to show the funds and not the spouse , if both have to share it then a joint bank account under both of their names is also acceptable.
thanks a lot...

Aug 9, 2019
Hello, All. I am in process of adding my spouse to my PR application which is being processed. I pretty much have all the docs (IMM008, 5406,5669,5562) and looking for a sample explanation letter to add my wife. Can someone please share the sample LOE letter to add spouse to existing PR application please.

Brinds15

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Have a quick question. Do we have to submit LOE for every application. I mean i have all the documents in place, no document is missing so do i still have to upload LOE.
Also is it mandatory to put in all your payslips? I have attached my bank statement of Salary account

AbMoed

Mar 6, 2019
If you dont have something to explain then no need to write LOE..
If you can produce payslips easily then it is recommended to attach.

Lena002

Oct 7, 2019
Hi,
My husband and I got married abroad in august and came back to our home country but I still live in my hometown for the moment, while he lives in his. Will CIC question the fact that our address history is not common after the wedding ceremony date? If so, should we write an LoE explaining the reason why we dont live together? Please help, I am worried to mess things up due to such small details.

Thanks in advance!

Anchitsethi18

Oct 26, 2019
One of the reasons why I got rejected for my student permit for Canada was my language ability. I mentioned that did I did my high schooling for a high speaking country, in US. Should I bother to submit my diploma as a proof for the visa officer or is it too much to provide?

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
Hi,
My husband and I got married abroad in august and came back to our home country but I still live in my hometown for the moment, while he lives in his. Will CIC question the fact that our address history is not common after the wedding ceremony date? If so, should we write an LoE explaining the reason why we dont live together? Please help, I am worried to mess things up due to such small details.

Thanks in advance!
Hey... Just wanted to know what did you do as I'm kinda in the same situation... My husband works on the ship. So when he's not around I stay with my mother. My husband's home and my mother's home is in the same locality....