+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample Interview questions and Answers - Mechanical Engineer- Got PR stamped

shri_boss

Jan 10, 2013
Hello all,

Just got my PR visa stamped - CEC - Mechanical Engineer-@ India now.

Can anyone post some sample Common Interview Questions and Answers?

I'm preparing to apply for the jobs as Mechanical Engineer.

Thanks in advance.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
shri_boss said:
Hello all,

Just got my PR visa stamped - CEC - Mechanical Engineer- @ India now.

Can anyone post some sample Common Interview Questions and Answers?

I'm preparing to apply for the jobs as Mechanical Engineer.

Thanks in advance.
Are you a P Eng? If not then you can't apply for Mechanical Engineer positions. I suspect you aren't as you are asking about interview questions which a P Eng should be really familiar about....

shri_boss

Jan 10, 2013
Jalex23 said:
Are you a P Eng? If not then you can't apply for Mechanical Engineer positions. I suspect you aren't as you are asking about interview questions which a P Eng should be really familiar about....
Hi, Thx for the reply. But people without PE also working as a Mech Engineers.
I'm aware of P.Eng programs. Planned to do once I will get some job.

I'm trying to get some common questions in interview and if anyone from Mech eng..then I thought they might ask some basic engg questions..

Take care.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
let google be your best friend. there are many many many articles and videos on the topic of interviewing techniques. I am sure there will also be some related to enineering.

Find company's in your area and industry. Reach out to someone at the company by phone, email, regular mail or linkedin, and ask if they would be open to an informational interview (which can be done over the phone). Again, google will provide great references for doing this successfully. Have a list of questions prepared to ask them about the industry and what they look for in employees. Keep the time limted to 15-20 min. to show respect for their time. There are many people out there who like to help others, especially when what they are helping with makes them feel important and smart. :)

Not only will this help you be prepared for future opportunities, it will open your network up to local people in your industry.

shri_boss

Jan 10, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
let google be your best friend. there are many many many articles and videos on the topic of interviewing techniques. I am sure there will also be some related to enineering.

Find company's in your area and industry. Reach out to someone at the company by phone, email, regular mail or linkedin, and ask if they would be open to an informational interview (which can be done over the phone). Again, google will provide great references for doing this successfully. Have a list of questions prepared to ask them about the industry and what they look for in employees. Keep the time limted to 15-20 min. to show respect for their time. There are many people out there who like to help others, especially when what they are helping with makes them feel important and smart. :)

Not only will this help you be prepared for future opportunities, it will open your network up to local people in your industry.
Thanks a lot rhcohen2014. Yes. I have started searching the information.