+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample Employment Reference Letter

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hey guys, is having 3 job descriptions on a letter sufficient or should it be at least 4?

Also, how do I change the NOC code in the actual application from the express entry profile? For instance, you receive an invitation under 1241 but later figure out the NOC code should have been 1242. How do you that in your actual application?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,

I am stuck with a problem in the reference letter. I have told my HR that i am applying for a part time certification course and i would need the reference letter for it, unfortunately the subject of my letter says" Employment proof for part time certification course". But it also has a sentence " to whomsoever it may concern". Now i am really tensed if the subject of the letter would create a problem?
Doesn't really matter as long as it contains all the required details. You can always write a letter of explanation about why you couldn't ask your employer for a letter for immigration purposes.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hey guys, is having 3 job descriptions on a letter sufficient or should it be at least 4?
?? Do you mean duties & responsibilities? I would say that 3 is not enough... I would aim for 5-6.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016

Yes I meant the job responsibilities. Thanks Jes, I will advise my friend to include some more.

Would you be able to shed more light on my second question? Would an LoE be required stating the reason for the NOC code change?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes I meant the job responsibilities. Thanks Jes, I will advise my friend to include some more.

Would you be able to shed more light on my second question? Would an LoE be required stating the reason for the NOC code change?
You can, but in the example you gave, the change is so minor I wouldn't worry too much about it.. I am not sure, but I think you can change the NOC in the profile, and it will update forms accordingly. But someone who has experience with that should reply -

Sulaiman87

Oct 2, 2018
Question... I've managed to get all LOE required for myself, but I'm facing many issues when it comes to my wife who is a teacher. All her experiences were non Canadian experiences.
Do I lose any point if I remove her work experience as we are unable to prove all the experiences I mentioned in my initial application? Or should I provide what I've got as I won't lose points if what was provided isn't acceptable?

jd151218

Jan 3, 2019
I have the following format for my previous employments - is this ok? Does this cover all the required details?

Date: 08-Jan-2019

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I am writing this reference at the request of XXXX, who is applying for a Permanent Resident status of Canada.

In his position as XXXX, Jaysurya Deb was employed in our organization, XXXX from XXXX till XXXX as a full-time employee working XX hours per week and earning INR XXXX Lakhs per annum (CTC). Besides salary, he was also receiving other benefits such as XX days of paid vacation and XX days of paid leaves for sickness/illness per year, extended health plan and dental plan.

His roles and responsibilities included:

· Generate leads by devising and executing multi-channel campaigns across mail, social media, webinars, workshops etc.

· Enhance Business Unit positioning by creating elevator pitches for differentiated communication including service offering content on website, Blogs, POVs, Case Studies, Videos, playbooks etc.

· Create customer advocacy by generating client testimonials – AV and text

· Analyst inquiries & briefings, Strategic Advisory Sessions, participation in Analyst surveys

· Manage our participation in industry events that includes brand visibility, engagement and lead generation strategies, theme, message, communications, design and vendor interactions

· Develop content for collaterals, case studies, presentations, social media posts, event reports and newsletters

· Develop press release, handle interactions with PR agencies & coordinate press releases

· Working with Business Units to support large ongoing opportunities via campaigns etc.

I am happy to provide further information if required.

Regards

(Name)

(Role)

(Company Name)

(Contact information)

Deepvirk1824

Mar 5, 2018
I have the my experience letter in following format provided my previous employer. Is this ok? Will this work?
Thanks in advance 8

Date 08 January 2019

This letter is to certify that Mr. Mandeep Singh has worked with us since dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy as xxxxx in xxxxx Department. He was permanent and full time employee during this time period and his employee code was ISL6742.

Salary Structure - During his job Mr. Singh was earning INR xxxxx lakhs per annum. Along with salary he was also receiving other benefits such as
  • XX days paid vacations per year.
  • XX days paid leave for sickness per year.
  • Provident Fund (xx% Employee's share and xx% Employer's share)
  • Employee's State Insurance (xx% Employee's share and xx% Employer's share)
  • Salary Bouns (xx% of monthly salary) once a year.
  • Gratuity (After compilation of 05 years service)
  • Free Company Conveyance and subside food
Number of Working Hours - Mandeep Singh was work for 48 hours per week as per the section 51 of the Factory Act 1948 of India.

Area of working - Engineering Office and Store, Production Area, Utility Block and Service Floor Area.

Role and Responsibilities - During his job Mr. Singh has following roles and responsibilities -

He has been sincere and hardworking during the tenure of his service with us.

Please to contact if you require any further information regarding Mr. Mandeep Singh employment with our organisation.

For xxxxxxxxx

Name of Authorised Signatory Official
Job title of Authorised Signatory Official

Sign of Authorised Signatory with stamp
Official Phone number
Official email address

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Where can I see that checklist? Thank you very much
Since you dredged up a quote from 2014, you would have to somehow find the 2014 checklist (pre-Express Entry). Not that it is still relevant.

This is the closest thing to a checklist available today - see the Proof of Work Experience section -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Note that because of privacy legislation, IRCC cannot REQUIRE you to submit the T4 and NOA, but they can refuse your application if you do not provide enough supporting evidence. Submitting the T4 and NOA make it easier for the VO to approve. I strongly recommend it.

Dec 25, 2018
Since you dredged up a quote from 2014, you would have to somehow find the 2014 checklist (pre-Express Entry). Not that it is still relevant.

This is the closest thing to a checklist available today - see the Proof of Work Experience section -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Note that because of privacy legislation, IRCC cannot REQUIRE you to submit the T4 and NOA, but they can refuse your application if you do not provide enough supporting evidence. Submitting the T4 and NOA make it easier for the VO to approve. I strongly recommend it.
Thank you very much!!

Sanstu

Jan 20, 2019
I am also a US Citizen already living in Canada, for 6 years now. When I did this, I was asked specifically to submit a very detailed Employment Letter detailing my job title, duration of employment, salary and most importantly main tasks performed under my title. Paystubs as far as my experience went were never requested not suggested. Email me if you have any other questions compatriot :)
whats your email id

Geetha04

Jan 3, 2019
Hello,

Can someone please tell mme if the below duties match with NOC 1211??

• Input data into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other templates using a keyboard, mouse or other data entry tools.
• Import and/or export data between different kinds of Applications.
• Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress.
• Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies .
• Reads, interprets and comprehends written instructions received from a variety of sources .
• Follows instructions when processing items efficiently and in a timely manner in accordance with established productivity standards.
• Responds to inquiries and requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring quality standards are Consider.

new_trisha

Mar 20, 2019
Hello,

After searching on several sources i am totally confused now, i would really appreciate if i will get some help me on my query.

I am working as a self employed from past 2 yrs, i am working with more than 10+ clients at the same time. So if every client will write 54 hours/week, will that be a right thing because i work 9 hours/day, 6 days/week and daily i work for maximum all the clients on their current job openings.

Kindly guide me do i have to ask my clients to write hours/week as well on the reference letter?
If yes, how many hours each client will write, as mentioned earlier i am working for all of them at the same time.

Lastly i need to know if it is mandatory for a self employed person to mention hours/week on reference letter or only duration is enough ?

This topic concerns me mainly due to the lack of clarity.
I would really appreciate any reliable help on this.

Thank you very very much in advance!