17-10-2011
Med's Done....
28-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
Hi all,

My current WP is expiring soon, so I need to submit for a LMO. I believe my employer needs to submit a signed contract as well. Are there any requirements from HRSDC on what clauses need to be part of the contract or better a sample contract. I have been working with my employer for about a year now already. Do I need to submit anything else other than the Application and the contract?

Thanks for your help

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You signed a contract when you first worked with your employer. What about "copying" the relevant conditions and discarding those that are not. Contract contains wages, hours or work per week, rates of extra hours after regular hours worked, benefits (holidays/days off/paid time offs; sick leaves), conditions of work place, duties and responsibilities (yours), notice of termination (yours and employer's). You will need to attach the new LMO and contract, the marked pages of your passport (entry into Canada), your previous or current WP. See the document checklist.

phathalo said:
Hi all,

My current WP is expiring soon, so I need to submit for a LMO. I believe my employer needs to submit a signed contract as well. Are there any requirements from HRSDC on what clauses need to be part of the contract or better a sample contract. I have been working with my employer for about a year now already. Do I need to submit anything else other than the Application and the contract?

Thanks for your help

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phathalo said:
Hi all,

Thanks for your help
Are you asking about what needs to be submitted for the LMO application or the extension of the WP? What the contract should look like depends on the skill level of the position. Some contracts need to follow the Service Canada guidelines EXACTLY. Please see their guidelines here:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/fwp_forms.shtml

phathalo

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2011
AOR Received.
23-09-2011
Med's Request
17-10-2011
Med's Done....
28-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
Hi rjessome,

I'm asking about the LMO application. I'm supposed to apply under the high skilled occupations category. But I couldn't find what I should be including in the contract I'm submitting with the application. (Originally I got my current job through a placement agency, but I need to make my bank sign a new contract for me).

Thanks JS for your suggestions. I just want to make sure I'm not missing any 'clauses' required by HRSDC.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/contracts-forms/annex2.shtml

The attached sample contract or another contract which includes all the terms and conditions of the sample contract or described in the guidelines for employers, must be completed and signed by the employer. Additional provisions may be added as long as they do not contradict the terms and conditions mentioned above. The employer must complete and sign the employment contract and send it to the foreign worker (“The Employee”) with a copy of the confirmation letter he/she received from HRSDC. The worker must sign the contract and provide both documents to the Canada mission abroad.
You can enhance the format but basically it must contain the "terms" HRSDC is looking for.

phathalo said:
Hi rjessome,

I'm asking about the LMO application. I'm supposed to apply under the high skilled occupations category. But I couldn't find what I should be including in the contract I'm submitting with the application. (Originally I got my current job through a placement agency, but I need to make my bank sign a new contract for me).

Thanks JS for your suggestions. I just want to make sure I'm not missing any 'clauses' required by HRSDC.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phathalo said:
Hi rjessome,

The employer needs to follow the instructions here for the LMO application:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/lmo_irpr.shtml