Same-sex conjugal partner add to PR application after visa issued

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
Dear friends,

Please answer who knows:
1. Can I add my same-sex CONJUGAL partner after the resident visa issued and what procedures I will have to go through. I read somewhere that there is a medical check, police certificates and they issue him the visa too. Or am I wrong?
2. I did not mention him in my PR application as I did not want to modify my CSQ. If I do it later after the visa issuance, will it be legal. If we have been in a relationship but live in different countries for a year and have met several times in Europe, will they consider him a conjugal partner?

I am looking forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. No, you cannot add a conjugal partner to an economic PR app.

2. You are not required to include a conjugal partner in an economic app. Whether you will be able to sponsor your partner through the conjugal stream after becoming a PR depends on where both of you are from and what barriers are preventing you from being married or becoming common-law. What nationalities are you and your partner?

May 9, 2016
As far as I understand, you wouldn't want to modify anything right now in order to add your partner to your application as it would delay everything. Instead, you can wait to get your Permanent Residence and once in Canada, ask him to come over, get married and then begin a familiar reunification process. It will take a while, of course, but at least you'll be there already.

Regards