+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same Employer But India and USA different Designations

Rajiv10

Aug 14, 2019
Hi All,

I have a question related to my work experience designations between India and USA.

I have been working for my employer since November 2010. I have had several designation changes(like Systems Engineer, Senior System Engineer, Associate Business Analyst, Associate Consultant) and got promoted to the role of Senior Associate Consultant(my current designation) in October 2015. I was deputed to USA from April 2016-May 2018. My role in USA was Associate Consultant which is a different role than my designation in the company. All my documents(like USA deputation letter, Salary Slips has Associate Consultant mentioned as my designation). But technically, my designation in my company was still Senior Associate Consultant.

My work history tab in my Express entry profile looks somewhat like this.

Period To Period From Location Designation
2019-01 Present Canada Associate Consultant
2018-06 2019-01 India Senior Associate Consultant
2016-04 2018-05 USA Associate Consultant
2010-11 2016-04 India Senior Associate Consultant

However, the work experience letter which will be released by my employer(except for Canada experience) would mention only my latest held designation( Senior Associate Consultant) for the complete period of my employment since I joined the company in November 2010.

Also, my roles and responsibilities throughout my tenure with my employer have remained the same and they fall under NOC 2171.

So my worry is, will the letter(only mentioning current designation) would suffice to justify for my entire India and USA work experience as it nowhere mentions my USA deputation role or can you please suggest a work around for this. Shall i change the USA designation to Senior Associate Consultant(as my designation was technically Senior Associate Consultant). Also, i have got ITA in last draw so do you think making the changes to the profile now would be okay.

Thanks,
Rajiv

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi All,

I have a question related to my work experience designations between India and USA.

I have been working for my employer since November 2010. I have had several designation changes(like Systems Engineer, Senior System Engineer, Associate Business Analyst, Associate Consultant) and got promoted to the role of Senior Associate Consultant(my current designation) in October 2015. I was deputed to USA from April 2016-May 2018. My role in USA was Associate Consultant which is a different role than my designation in the company. All my documents(like USA deputation letter, Salary Slips has Associate Consultant mentioned as my designation). But technically, my designation in my company was still Senior Associate Consultant.

My work history tab in my Express entry profile looks somewhat like this.

Period To Period From Location Designation
2019-01 Present Canada Associate Consultant
2018-06 2019-01 India Senior Associate Consultant
2016-04 2018-05 USA Associate Consultant
2010-11 2016-04 India Senior Associate Consultant

However, the work experience letter which will be released by my employer(except for Canada experience) would mention only my latest held designation( Senior Associate Consultant) for the complete period of my employment since I joined the company in November 2010.

Also, my roles and responsibilities throughout my tenure with my employer have remained the same and they fall under NOC 2171.

So my worry is, will the letter(only mentioning current designation) would suffice to justify for my entire India and USA work experience as it nowhere mentions my USA deputation role or can you please suggest a work around for this. Shall i change the USA designation to Senior Associate Consultant(as my designation was technically Senior Associate Consultant). Also, i have got ITA in last draw so do you think making the changes to the profile now would be okay.

Thanks,
Rajiv
The work experience letter has to be provided by the organisation in each country
e.g. your work experience obtained in India should be on the company letter head in India
Starting date, ending date, designation and job duties along with salary for each position
Similarly work experience obtained in US should be on the company letter head in US along with Starting date, ending date, designation and job duties along with salary for each position
Similarly for Canada
You should not provide just 1 letter stating your last held position. This will not be enough and your application will likely be rejected

varsa

May 24, 2020
Hi,

What did you do? I also have the same problem.

Did you split it based on the location?

Anand83

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi bimale4bipeople, but most of MNC(level-5) have their own standard and they don't provide location-wise experience/reference letter? In this case, can you suggest or see any alternative?