+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same day citizenship test and oath ceremony in Calgary

binnyzel

Jun 18, 2013
Hi McFlyDMC12 !

Did you hear about your citizenship test result?
I took the exam on May 02, 2013 which is one day after you and still waiting.
It has been almost 7 weeks since I took the test and I don't know when will they send me the letter.
I am pretty sure I did the exam well.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
binnyzel said:
Hi McFlyDMC12 !

Did you hear about your citizenship test result?
I took the exam on May 02, 2013 which is one day after you and still waiting.
It has been almost 7 weeks since I took the test and I don't know when will they send me the letter.
I am pretty sure I did the exam well.
We are waiting now since March first...
3 1/2 months, already over the 25 months processing time.

mike

azylhon

Jan 21, 2013
Wow it is frustrating to know that some people get their citizenship tests earlier than the time frame :(

We had our papers submitted August 8 2011
January 3, 2012 papers were processed. 2 weeks more then we're hitting 24months .

I hope we could be lucky and have the exams and oath same day. I heard others wait as long as 6months for the results.

Waiting should not be a problem if we do not intend to travel back to our hometown in February. We did not apply for passports and PR cards which are obviously expired, hoping to not spend in doubles, but I guess it would only be our choice if things don't go our will. :)

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
First of all Congratulations to Solinga!!! and also to Calgary CIC office, this is a breakthrough! A very efficient method and an example of good governance.
This is how it should be, Test and Oath taking ceremony on the same day. The questions are not even more than 50 items and its a mutliple choice, why would it take other cities and provinces to wait for a month or two for the results of their exam?
And what's up with this RQ? is this another form of delaying tactics?
I lived in Edmonton, submitted my application for citizenship last year June 2012. Keep on checking on line and shows it is still IN PROCESS. Kinda bit frustrating because my friend in Vancouver already got his Oath taking and citizenship last month, we both submitted at the same time. So I called CIC and they said my file is still in Nova Scotia up until now (July 2013) on background check?? What's up with this long waiting time for Edmontonians, and how come my papers are still in Sydney, NS?

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmonton has been very slow lately. It took us exactly 22 months to receive the citizenship. Edmonton did not have a citizenship judge for almost a year and I think they have quite a big backlog now.
You can find a few timelines from Edmonton here.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Thanks Edmonton2011 for the Citizenship timeline. At least now I know I am not the only one frustrated of waiting. Now that Jason Kenney is gone what will happen next under the new Minister Chris Alexander :-\ I guess just hope for the best.

crossroads

Aug 27, 2010
Our timeline was:

Sent Application: Nov 30, 2013
Received letter to write test: Jan 30, 2015
Wrote test: Feb 18, 2015.

So, roughly 14 months from application to getting notified to take the test.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
crossroads said:
Our timeline was:

Sent Application: Nov 30, 2013
Received letter to write test: Jan 30, 2015
Wrote test: Feb 18, 2015.

So, roughly 14 months from application to getting notified to take the test.

Hi ,

Thanks for sharing your timelines .

There is another more active thread for Calgary applicants . Kindly share your timelines there as well .

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/normal-processing-times-from-calgary-office-t181601.1530.html

Thanks

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, is it a must to take the birth certificate in the test day? i can not find mine
thanks

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
guys, is it a must to take the birth certificate in the test day? i can not find mine
thanks
om saif .. I think your local office is Ottawa ;)
I did my test last week in Ottawa with all original documents with me .. at the interview however, the officer asked me for one ID card with photo/signature (driving license or health card), both were presented to her .. next she wanted to see the PR card, and finally she quickly flipped the two passports. Nothing else she wanted to see ;)

Good luck om saif

Abo Ahmed