+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Salary in Canada

kingkonemdu

Dec 23, 2009
Hi All,

1) I would like to know how to negotiate salary with Canadian employer
2) What is Min, Mid, Max salary for 5years or 3 years experience person ( Electronics engineer ) in Canada.
3) House Rent, Daily expense in Canada

enjiniko

Jan 10, 2010
kingkonemdu said:
Hi All,

1) I would like to know how to negotiate salary with Canadian employer
2) What is Min, Mid, Max salary for 5years or 3 years experience person ( Electronics engineer ) in Canada.
3) House Rent, Daily expense in Canada
I believe they are looking for provincial certification in canada for the credentials they needed. If you have that already then I think it is much easier to negotiate for salary you've wanted just my two cents. For the house rental, you can get 400$ for bachelor suite based on internet.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Renting - depends on size of family. Depends on the city you will settle in. Check on www.kijiji.ca and then enter to search according to the city you will be living in. You could check on renting according to bachelor,
1 bedroom, 2 bedroom etc.

Salary - its kind of tricky, i find this not tobe very open, but would accept what i am offered. The minimum wedge is $9.75 per hour. If you work in a goverment office if you are doing clerical jobs salaries satart with grade 8 = 19.05, grade 9 20 dollars, grade 10 = 21 dollar and grade 11 = 22 dollars etc. thats all i know. But if you get a job in tim hortons its will minimum wage.

Transferable skill - i have not seen this being considered in canada. I came from uk but my experience is not canadian so it was nil. May be in your field its different.\
i hope this helps.

joy_p

Star Member
Jun 2, 2009
hi all!
i just want to ask what the minimum wage in winnipeg is? i've read in the internet that it's 8.50 CAD an hour. Is this updated? would anybody know for which jobs does this wage apply?
thanks!
joy

ralu1150

Apr 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
When you are presented with a job offer, you can usually negotiate around 6 - 10 % more.

Quickquestion

Jun 8, 2010
Check the salary assessment centre on monster.ca

Also, electronics engineering is a bit of a vague title. Sounds like it could mean circuit board manufacturer or electronic computer engineering type though that is a bit of a stretch.

Good luck

maria cecilia primero

Star Member
Jun 21, 2010
philippines
Visa Office......
manila philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2009
Doc's Request.
25-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
hi!can anyone give me idea on how much does a nurse earn per hour...tnx

im a nurse here in PI and plans to undergo assessment and take the licensure exam there...

tnx

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
For nursing they really earn well. Depends what profession you are so check out on www.canadavis.com on salary calculator. Good luck anyway

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have educational equivalency certifications and relevant work experience you should review one of the many salary wizards. www.workopolis.com www.monster.ca

For thorough information on how to approach the Canadian job market see: www.careego.com