+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Salary important??

BAK123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Has anyone been refused or heard of someone being refused on the basis that they were not being paid enough at any stage during their 2 years experience?

Cheers

My Timeline:

Application received in Sydney - Aug 2nd
$550 charged on my credit card - Aug 21st
AOR email received - Aug 23

DannyG

Aug 26, 2012
From what I understand, the salary has to be commesurate with the position you have. Say, if you are an executive and get paid 30k a year, there is something obviously wrong with the application.

You could check various websites that offer estimates of salaries across canada or within the province or in your city, and compare your salary to that. You can plug in your years of experience, certifications, education, and see what you get.

IMHO, unless there is a HUGE discrepancy between what the job is worth on the market and what you actually get paid, you should not worry about this aspect at all.

But please, wait to hear more responses from other more experienced users.

good luck!

BAK123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Ya - good response in fairness, seems to make sense that if there isnt too much of a gap between what the salary was and the job title, it should be alright.

Would like to see if anyone has actually heard of an application being refused.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
DannyG has it right. Salary is not one of the eligibility criteria, but skilled work experience is. An inappropriate salary might be one piece of evidence that someone is fudging their skill level. People have been refused because the VO was not satisfied that the work experience was consistent with an NOC skill level O, A, or B.