+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saint Mary master of computing and data analytics

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello Dears,

Doe anyone knows about Saint Mary's University technical interview for Master of Science in Computing and Data Analytics.

What kind of question they asked etc.
and what an applicant should prepare in order to get selected.

If anyone has given the interview, please share the experience.

Thank you.

MandeepKumarSharma

Jul 17, 2018
Questions:
  1. What is your tech background?
  2. What is your preferred prog language?
  3. Declare an array multidimensional array.
  4. Calculate roots of the quadratic equation.
  5. Max in an array.
  6. Calculate sigma(xy/sqrt(x^2+y^2)), sigma means summation.
  7. One table will be given with data, you have to find functional dependency normalize and decompose to second normal form or to third normal form and then after decomposing apply join and write a SQL query.

If you have done the assignment on your own, it will be very easy. Read 2NF and 3NF of DBMS.

Reactions: amitkala17

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Dear,

so it would be over the computer as we have to do the live assignment.
I was thinking it would be over phone call.

MandeepKumarSharma

Jul 17, 2018
It could be on teams, meet or zoom, as preferred by you.
They may also ask you to share your screen, not to run the code you have written to test, and not to use IDE. It depends on the interviewer.
You have to paste the answer in the chatbox of the video call.

Your interview is deciding factor for the admission. If you pass you have to pay 5000 cads as a deposit in the next couple of weeks to finalize your seat.

You will get 3 years of work permit after completion of 16 month course. Talk to 98188 57558 her she is SMU representative in India.

Last edited:

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
They may also ask you to share your screen, not to run the code you have written to test, and not to use IDE. It depends on the interviewer.

Your interview is deciding factor of the admission. If you pass you have to pay 5000 cads as a deposit in the next couple of weeks to finalize your seat.

You will get 3 years of work permit after completion of 16 month course. Talk to 98188 57558 her she is SMU representative in India.
Thank you dear,

Reactions: MandeepKumarSharma

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018

Your interview is deciding factor for the admission. If you pass you have to pay 5000 cads as a deposit in the next couple of weeks to finalize your seat.

Dear,
I was just wondering if this test would be different for people with a different experience.
As I have around 9+ years as a software developer. The kind of questions you shared is more suitable for fresh graduates.

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018

Hello Dear,

I have talked with the person you mentioned. Her name is Anusuya Bose and she is from CUAC, who are the representative of Saint Mary.
She told me that before providing any assistance,
I have to authorize them to have access to updates on my application.
I have applied to Saint mary by myself, without any agent, and I am not sure if I should allow them or not.

Please suggest if u have applied alone or with them and how was their service.

Thank you.

MandeepKumarSharma

Jul 17, 2018
Hello Dear,

I have talked with the person you mentioned. Her name is Anusuya Bose and she is from CUAC, who is the representative of Saint Mary.
She told me that before providing any assistance,
I have to authorize them to have access to updates on my application.
I have applied to Saint mary by myself, without any agent, and I am not sure if I should allow them or not.

Please suggest if u have applied alone or with them and how was their service.

Thank you.
Yes, they are associated with the university. So, she has genuine insights and up to date information related to the courses. She won't even charge you anything.

MandeepKumarSharma

Jul 17, 2018
Dear,
I was just wondering if this test would be different for people with different experience.
As I have around 9+ years as a software developer. The kind of questions you shared is more suitable for fresh graduates.
Questions are usually the same for everybody. I think the aim of the interview is to test the foundational knowledge required to pursue the course. I also had the same doubt as I also have 5 years of experience.
Good luck with your interview.

suriradhika

Apr 9, 2021
@amitkala17 Could you please share you experience as well if you have already faced the interview
Or anyone else who have faced the interview please if you can share if the questions were almost similar to what mentioned above in this thread.

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Technical Interview: Master of Science in Computing and Data Analytics Degree Program at Saint Mary's University

Questions:

1. What is your tech background?
  2. What is your preferred prog language?
  3. Declare an array multidimensional array.
  4. Calculate roots of the quadratic equation.
  5. Max in an array.
  6. Calculate sigma(xy/sqrt(x^2+y^2)), sigma means summation.
  7. One table will be given with data, you have to find functional dependency normalize and decompose to second normal form or to third normal form and then after decomposing apply join and write a SQL query.

If you have done the assignment on your own, it will be very easy. Read 2NF and 3NF of DBMS.

Reactions: ra3x