+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sah program eligibility

Fredrique34

Feb 16, 2024
What will be the status in Canada of the applicant who got approved under SAH program? Will they be under “Protected person/Refugee” status or “PR card holder”?

Can someone who has been removed from Canada due to a withdrawn asylum application be sponsored under this program? Will it decrease the approval chances or eliminate them completely?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What will be the status in Canada of the applicant who got approved under SAH program? Will they be under “Protected person/Refugee” status or “PR card holder”?

Can someone who has been removed from Canada due to a withdrawn asylum application be sponsored under this program? Will it decrease the approval chances or eliminate them completely?
You should speak with a lawyer about your second question.

For your first question, you will have a PR card but will have obtained it as a refugee.

Fredrique34

Feb 16, 2024
You should speak with a lawyer about your second question.

For your first question, you will have a PR card but will have obtained it as a refugee.
Thank you,
Unfortunately, I didn’t hire a lawyer yet. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me to answer the second question

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you,
Unfortunately, I didn’t hire a lawyer yet. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me to answer the second question
I'm not sure anyone is going to be able to help you here. It's a very unique question and the answer will also depend on the details of your case and your profile. So I think whatever answers you receive here are not guaranteed to be accurate.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

You will not be permitted to make another Refugee Claim in Canada.

Withdrawing: If you decide not to continue with your refugee protection claim, you must tell the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) in writing that you are withdrawing your claim. If you withdraw your claim, you will not be permitted to make another claim for refugee protection in Canada.

https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/refugee-claims/Pages/ClaDemGuide.aspx#:~:text=Withdrawing: If you decide not,for refugee protection in Canada.