waived
Passport Req..
9 March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24 May, 2011
LANDED..........
29 of July
Dear all,

Happy to share you that we (me & my wife) have safely arrived in Vancouver. It was a long journey indeed from Dhaka, Bangladesh but all tiredness gone away by taking the fresh breath of Vancouver. It's really a nice city. The immigration process was so smooth. Officers were so friendly and tried to make laugh rather making serious face. Gave us some important guideline (also some books and brochure) what and how to get jobs, study, courses, driving licence, house rent, scholarship and many others information. Immigration officers only asked for the amount of money I bought but she did not ask me to show. For custom did not ask any list regarding good to accompany or follow. I think, if you bring only yours regular belongings (like clothes, shoes, small numbers ornaments or cookeries), you do not want to make this list. Opening my Bank account was an easy matter. Bank staffs were so friendly and made our task easy.

Thanks to all members of forum. I am not mentioning some of your names as because all members are important to me. I learnt many thing from different issues of members. I wish all the success for all members from my heart. I will talk you more time to time. Bye now.

res042010

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2009
Doc's Request.
21-01-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-01-2010
Med's Request
15 Aug 11
Med's Done....
21 aug 11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24 Sep 11
VISA ISSUED...
15 Nov 11
LANDED..........
Inshallah by mid 2012
Wishing ur better future in vancouver. Pls share more detail about airline & transit and how did u face custom's at dhaka airport

FarrukhToronto

Star Member
Apr 28, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Pak to London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2004
File Transfer...
20-08-2010
Med's Request
28-03-2011
letsgoabroad said:
Dear all,

Thanks to all members of forum. I am not mentioning some of your names as because all members are important to me. I learnt many thing from different issues of members. I wish all the success for all members from my heart. I will talk you more time to time. Bye now.
Well dear, We wish for ur better settlement in Vancouver. During this week or when u free share ur daily life exp as u know in pakistan we what to need to know as new commer. I m writing some questions which will help to others also.
1-Survival jobs in vancouver?
2-Minimum charges in vanvouver? one month sal will be?
3-people said Vancouver is jannat on the earth but very rainy city as most of the time rain rain & rain. Life become difficult with this. as u know every time clouds,rain man goesto fedup??

4-In winter, Snow fall exit or not, pls write down exact facts.
5-One bed room appartment (not basement) Rent??
6-People are welcoming or...........
7-Job opportunities/Future for People with banking backgrounds in vancouver???I beleive u ll never mind for so many questions.
Regards,
Farrukh

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
letsgoabroad said:
Dear all,

Happy to share you that we (me & my wife) have safely arrived in Vancouver. It was a long journey indeed from Dhaka, Bangladesh but all tiredness gone away by taking the fresh breath of Vancouver. It's really a nice city. The immigration process was so smooth. Officers were so friendly and tried to make laugh rather making serious face. Gave us some important guideline (also some books and brochure) what and how to get jobs, study, courses, driving licence, house rent, scholarship and many others information. Immigration officers only asked for the amount of money I bought but she did not ask me to show. For custom did not ask any list regarding good to accompany or follow. I think, if you bring only yours regular belongings (like clothes, shoes, small numbers ornaments or cookeries), you do not want to make this list. Opening my Bank account was an easy matter. Bank staffs were so friendly and made our task easy.

Congratulations !!! Welcome to canada

aLpHa MaLe

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/2011 Received by Mr. Mike on 11/07/2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH THE APPLICATION
CONGRATS BUDDY............ ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Vancouver is a nice city.
Thanks for sharing ! Keep sharing your subsequent experiences with British Columbia. Did you take Cathay Pacific?
btw, why Vancouver?

Bobby554

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarrukhToronto said:
1-Survival jobs in vancouver?
2-Minimum charges in vanvouver? one month sal will be?
3-people said Vancouver is jannat on the earth but very rainy city as most of the time rain rain & rain. Life become difficult with this. as u know every time clouds,rain man goesto fedup??

4-In winter, Snow fall exit or not, pls write down exact facts.
5-One bed room appartment (not basement) Rent??
6-People are welcoming or...........
7-Job opportunities/Future for People with banking backgrounds in vancouver???I beleive u ll never mind for so many questions.
First of all CONGRATS to "letsgoabroad" for landing in VANCOUVER...

*1*Their are enough of survival jobs,but why ONLY survival jobs, after getting evaluation done of your credentials and doing career courses from local career colleges anybody can get a good job . The need is to brush up yourself according to the Canadian working.
*2*Minimum wages as per the British Columbia govt are C$ 9/hr, with maximum 40 hrs/week.
*3*Once you'll land in Vancouver you will fall in love with this beautiful city instantly, it's true Vancouver is also called "Raincouver" but it hardly spoils your mood, its still much-much better than the humid or tropical heat of around 40+ temp which we had experienced in Asian countries. You'll forget everything the moment you"ll receive your first pay cheque in "DOLLARS".
*4*Vancouver has the mildest of winters in whole of the Canada. It snows but not very heavily. Awesome climate.
*5*One BHK rent depends on the area you want to stay at. Basements are cheap, starts from 500 to 750, and are easy to find in Craiglist,Kijiji,Classified BC etc. But ground floor rents are a bit expensive .
*6*The people of this city makes this place "The Best Place on this Earth" (official promo tagline of BC govt). Everybody greets you with a broad smile, even in the bus, on the road, markets, everywhere...absolutely lovable people all around. No discrimination at all...believe it! You visit any govt office and introduce yourself as 'New Immigrant' - and the instant reaction would be "Ooo ! Welcome to Canada" - with a big and warm welcoming Smile !
*7*As I wrote above finding a good job depends on YOU & YOUR capabilities,qualities and brushing yourself up according to the Canadian system and ethics...
Best of Luck...

Bobby554

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Bobby554 said:
*1*Their are enough of survival jobs,but why ONLY survival jobs, after getting evaluation done of your credentials and doing career courses from local career colleges anybody can easily get a good job of his/her choice. The need is to brush up yourself as per Canadian working.
*2*Minimum wages as per the British Columbia govt are C$ 9/hr, with maximum 40 hrs/week.
*3*Once you'll land in Vancouver you will fall in love with this beautiful city instantly, it's true Vancouver is also called "Raincouver" but it hardly spoils your mood, its still much-much better than the humid or tropical heat of around 40+ temp which we had experienced in Asian countries. You'll forget everything the moment you"ll receive your first pay cheque in "DOLLARS".
*4*Vancouver has the mildest of winters in whole of the Canada. It snows but not very heavily. Awesome climate.
*5*One BHK rent depends on the area you want to stay at. Basements are cheap, starts from 500 to 750, and are easy to find in Craiglist,Kijiji,Classified BC etc. But ground floor rents are a bit expensive .
*6*The people of this city makes this place "The Best Place on this Earth" (official promo tagline of BC govt). Everybody greets you with a broad smile, even in the bus, on the road, markets, everywhere...absolutely lovable people all around. No discrimination at all...believe it! You visit any govt office and introduce yourself as 'New Immigrant' - and the instant reaction would be "Ooo ! Welcome to Canada" - with a big and warm welcoming Smile !
*7*As I wrote above finding a good job depends on you capabilities,qualities and brushing yourself up according to the Canadian system and ethics...
Best of Luck...

Bobby554
Beautiful Reply Bobby!

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
Bobby554 said:
*1*Their are enough of survival jobs,but why ONLY survival jobs, after getting evaluation done of your credentials and doing career courses from local career colleges anybody can easily get a good job of his/her choice. The need is to brush up yourself as per Canadian working.
*7*As I wrote above finding a good job depends on you capabilities,qualities and brushing yourself up according to the Canadian system and ethics...
Best of Luck...

Bobby554

CONGRATES letsgoabroad & Good Luck in BC

Nice Job Bob +1 to ya buddy!..so helpful.

Pal

FarrukhToronto

Star Member
Apr 28, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Pak to London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2004
File Transfer...
20-08-2010
Med's Request
28-03-2011
Bobby554 said:
e "Ooo ! Welcome to Canada" - with a big and warm welcoming Smile !
Best of Luck...
Bobby554
I m realy greatful for in detail answers of my questions. Now I can easly decide for my Fina destination which may be now Vancouver, a great city with great people & Beauty. Currently u r living in Vancouver?? again one more question the standard one bed room rent for a appartmet in 10 to 15 floor??? Any close idea?
Wish u good luck for a nice reply.
Farrukh

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Bobby554 said:
Best of Luck...

Bobby554
@Bobby
Your post is really mesmerizing.

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarrukhToronto said:
I m realy greatful for in detail answers of my questions. Now I can easly decide for my Fina destination which may be now Vancouver, a great city with great people & Beauty. Currently u r living in Vancouver?? again one more question the standard one bed room rent for a appartmet in 10 to 15 floor??? Any close idea?
Farrukh

Dear

I am thinking so .I am planning to change my final living destination . with the readings in this thread , I am really amazed and feel so happy that cnourages me much.please share your experience in vancuber .
wishes

imu

Bobby554

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarrukhToronto said:
one more question the standard one bed room rent for a appartmet in 10 to 15 floor??? Any close idea?
Farrukh
Basic rents in high-rise apartments could be more or less equivalent to those of detached houses, but its highly advisable to inquire about the hidden expenses, such as monthly/annual maintenance , parking, laundry, utilities, etc well in advance.

Bobby554

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09