+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

S.Permit refused- Reopened aftr 2 days- Rqstd medicals- No updates for 2 months

RajdeepC

Jul 14, 2016
Till now I haven't found a single case like mine on this forum. Maybe I need to search more. Any experience or advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I applied for my Study Permit online on 5th July 2016. Its a Diploma Course on Game/Concept Art at a reputable private art school called Syn Studio in Montreal. My term starts from 3rd October, 2016
It got rejected under "Other reasons" on 27th July, 2016. Which clubs together 3 reasons:
  • For lack of supporting Documents, unable to assess your academic and English abilities.

• Not satisfied with your proposed course of study.

• Not satisfied that you are a genuine student who would depart Canada at the end of authorized period of stay.

By the next weekend, my reapplication file was ready. I gathered some 20 documents including all my educational/vocational qualifications (BA, MA and IELTS), other acceptance letters from art schools, portfolio and things demonstrating that this has been a passion of mine long since. The school too provided me with 2 documents to attach to the reapplication file - vouching for my speaking abilities and skill as an artist. I was ready to courier it the next week.

However, before I could do that, I received a call from the embassy early morning of 29th July, 2016. A gentleman informed that my file has been "reopened for a review". He did not explain why. He asked me whether I had undergone a medical and asked me to get one ASAP. He sent me a medical request on my CIC account too. He repeatedly asked me to NOT reapply because technically my first application is now still OPEN. I asked him about the documents of reapplication addressing the refusal and how to send it to them. He did not seem too keen on the documents and grudgingly provided me with an id to send it [ delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca ].

I got my medicals done on 1st August, 2016. The center informed me that the results will be uploaded in 48 hours automatically. I mailed all the documents that I had gathered for reapplication on 2nd August, 2016. By 5th August, 2016, my CIC account showed that the medicals have been received and passed.

Since then, I have recieved zero updates from them. I literally have 12 days left for my term to start. I keep thinking it will come the next day but it doesn't. Does anyone have any experience regarding reviews? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am so confused. Did they ask me to get the medicals done for no reason? or is it just to prevent me from reapplying until it is too late to? The application status is still OPEN.
    What can I do at this point? HELP.

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017 ( by god's grace)
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Dude I am not an expert but at this point you can either call them or send a case enquiry email regarding your situation. Also please mention where did apply from and in which country your application is being processed.

RajdeepC

Jul 14, 2016
humdard said:
Dude I am not an expert but at this point you can either call them or send a case enquiry email regarding your situation. Also please mention where did apply from and in which country your application is being processed.
Hey. Thanks for replying! I applied from Kolkata, India. The visa office is in Delhi.

I have already mailed them thrice in the email id the man provided. No replies. Tried calling them, couldn't get through. Its always on waiting.
Its super frustrating.

K.PURI

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Delhi CHC use this email Id if you are using any other id. DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
RajdeepC said:
Till now I haven't found a single case like mine on this forum. Maybe I need to search more. Any experience or advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I applied for my Study Permit online on 5th July 2016. Its a Diploma Course on Game/Concept Art at a reputable private art school called Syn Studio in Montreal. My term starts from 3rd October, 2016
It got rejected under "Other reasons" on 27th July, 2016. Which clubs together 3 reasons:
  • For lack of supporting Documents, unable to assess your academic and English abilities.

• Not satisfied with your proposed course of study.

• Not satisfied that you are a genuine student who would depart Canada at the end of authorized period of stay.

By the next weekend, my reapplication file was ready. I gathered some 20 documents including all my educational/vocational qualifications (BA, MA and IELTS), other acceptance letters from art schools, portfolio and things demonstrating that this has been a passion of mine long since. The school too provided me with 2 documents to attach to the reapplication file - vouching for my speaking abilities and skill as an artist. I was ready to courier it the next week.

However, before I could do that, I received a call from the embassy early morning of 29th July, 2016. A gentleman informed that my file has been "reopened for a review". He did not explain why. He asked me whether I had undergone a medical and asked me to get one ASAP. He sent me a medical request on my CIC account too. He repeatedly asked me to NOT reapply because technically my first application is now still OPEN. I asked him about the documents of reapplication addressing the refusal and how to send it to them. He did not seem too keen on the documents and grudgingly provided me with an id to send it [ delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca ].

I got my medicals done on 1st August, 2016. The center informed me that the results will be uploaded in 48 hours automatically. I mailed all the documents that I had gathered for reapplication on 2nd August, 2016. By 5th August, 2016, my CIC account showed that the medicals have been received and passed.

Since then, I have recieved zero updates from them. I literally have 12 days left for my term to start. I keep thinking it will come the next day but it doesn't. Does anyone have any experience regarding reviews? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am so confused. Did they ask me to get the medicals done for no reason? or is it just to prevent me from reapplying until it is too late to? The application status is still OPEN.
    What can I do at this point? HELP.
Your case astounds me. I have seen people on this forum not getting any resolution to their genuine cases. Case specific enquiries in most of the cases are not answered. Don't know how CIC got into guilt mode with you by starting a 'review process' without any initiation from your side. Good luck dude and hoping that you get your visa before the program start. Cheers

RajdeepC

Jul 14, 2016
K.PURI said:
For Delhi CHC use this email Id if you are using any other id. DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Hey! I used the one given to me by the fellow who called me [ delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca ]. I get an auto-generated reply everytime.
"Your e-mail was received by the New Delhi visa office. We do not respond unless you have already submitted an application and we need additional information from you. If a response is justified, we will write within 30 days. We do not provide status updates on applications in process. We do not confirm receipt of documents or passports. "

However, I will try mailing them on the one you provided. Thanks! Have you ever got a reply from this id?

Gymguy said:
Your case astounds me. I have seen people on this forum not getting any resolution to their genuine cases. Case specific enquiries in most of the cases are not answered. Don't know how CIC got into guilt mode with you by starting a 'review process' without any initiation from your side. Good luck dude and hoping that you get your visa before the program start. Cheers
Thanks man! My case astounds me too. I have never heard of an embassy so incompetent and frustrating. At this point I am just waiting for an answer, whatever it is. It is not the rejection that bothered me, as much as the process. Needless to say, if they provide me a rejection upon review at this stage, I cant really reapply. Its too late for that. That is really unfair.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
RajdeepC said:
Hey! I used the one given to me by the fellow who called me [ delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca ]. I get an auto-generated reply everytime.
"Your e-mail was received by the New Delhi visa office. We do not respond unless you have already submitted an application and we need additional information from you. If a response is justified, we will write within 30 days. We do not provide status updates on applications in process. We do not confirm receipt of documents or passports. "

However, I will try mailing them on the one you provided. Thanks! Have you ever got a reply from this id?

Thanks man! My case astounds me too. I have never heard of an embassy so incompetent and frustrating. At this point I am just waiting for an answer, whatever it is. It is not the rejection that bothered me, as much as the process. Needless to say, if they provide me a rejection upon review at this stage, I cant really reapply. Its too late for that. That is really unfair.
CIC need to employ more resources to handle student visas. Overburdening existing employees take toll on genuine cases sometimes, albeit the staff try their level best to perform their duties efficiently.

RajdeepC

Jul 14, 2016
Gymguy said:
CIC need to employ more resources to handle student visas. Overburdening existing employees take toll on genuine cases sometimes, albeit the staff try their level best to perform their duties efficiently.
This is almost exactly what someone else told me! He works closely with embassy people and diplomats. He said that the visa office is terribly understaffed. He too was amazed when he heard my case and utterly confused when I told him they have asked for medicals and then there have been no updates. Apparently CIC only requests medicals when there is pretty good chance of getting approved (though I have read about several cases being rejected after medicals). Do you know whether there is any way to reach them by phone?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Sadly no! The embassy doesn't interact with people directly.

Imagine they are already understaffed and then they begin to deal with the public directly! Think of the delays then

RajdeepC

Jul 14, 2016
harvijay1001 said:
Sadly no! The embassy doesn't interact with people directly.

Imagine they are already understaffed and then they begin to deal with the public directly! Think of the delays then
So technically I can't do anything but wait? Because I can't reapply for sure till my first application is closed.