+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ryerson LPP -Law practice program- 8 months

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

http://www.lpp.ryerson.ca

I don't think so based on the eligibility requirements.

Candidates in the Law Society of Ontario (LSO) licensing process who have completed a Juris Doctor (JD) from a recognized Canadian institution, or an equivalent degree as determined by the National Committee on Accreditation (NCA) through the completion of exams and receipt of a Certificate of Qualification for foreign-trained lawyers. Candidates must also be eligible to work in Ontario.

bharaarti

Feb 16, 2019
I have completed NCA requirement,awaiting certificate of Qualification .I want to know is if it’s eligible for study visa.And once completed would it add to CRS score.

Ryerson is in the approved institutions list.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I have completed NCA requirement,awaiting certificate of Qualification .I want to know is if it’s eligible for study visa.And once completed would it add to CRS score.

Ryerson is in the approved institutions list.
See bolded sentence in my response. IF one of the requirements to be eligible for Ryerson LPP is a work permit then logically speaking, without a work permit, you won't even be admitted. You can contact them directly to ask though.

bharaarti

Feb 16, 2019
See bolded sentence in my response. IF one of the requirements to be eligible for Ryerson LPP is a work permit then logically speaking, without a work permit, you won't even be admitted. You can contact them directly to ask though.
yes i did..awaiting response..thanks though.

AttyU

Nov 30, 2020
yes i did..awaiting response..thanks though.
Hi bharaarti, could you please share what response you've received from Ryerson LPP as to whether NCA/LSO registration qualify an applicant for a study/(co-op) work permit? Many thanks!

lakshmisr

Jul 9, 2021
Hi Bharaarti. Could you please share if you've received a response from Ryerson LPP as to whether NCA/LSO registration would qualify an applicant for study visa or open work permit?

Awaiting your reply. Thanks