+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Russia wants my tax assesment?! What else can I use instead of that...

Cpok

Oct 31, 2008
I am sending my invitation to Russia. I have writtten up a invatation, passport photocopy, work papers (saying i work etc) PLUS they want my tax assesment to for 2007. The thing is I just filed this week and wont get it for 6-8 weeks. Is there something else i can send instead of my tax asssment???

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
You filled your taxes for 2007 at the end of 2008? I thought in every country it was the same (around april/may). Unless you're doing it late in which case, well...

Trying to answer your question. They have asked for the 2007 tax assessment, you don't have it. Do you have a document showing you filled your taxes, eg, a receipt from the IRS (or similar organization in your country)? If not, can you obtain one?

I guess your two choices are:

1) Wait until you get the paper they're asking for;

2) Submit your 2006 assessment + a document proving you have filled for taxes relative to 2007.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
What they do ask for is "A copy of your host's most recent official proof of financial resources (e.g. Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment). "

And from the Immigration website I remembered seeing some other things they want if you can't send in the last years info: paystubs, bank statments any other income. So perhaps send the most recent and include extra things like paystubs.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Yes I know but was trying to give some encouragement too. That and I am too happy to shutup now since up til last night I had been preparing to book MY trip to Russia instead.

The thing they will worry about the most is will she leave Canada. A single woman from Russia visiting a guy in Canada will be a risk to stay in their eyes. They will look at your plans and if they are well thought out, or just "a visit", they will look at her ties at home, family, home, jobs, and even how well paid she is.

It's a hard thing to try to prove something that is in the future but I think that is the most important part of what they look at.